What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Stats with a twist

ok so i took the whole month off work during the world cup and since all i could think about was the world cup and i needed something to occupy my time, i came up with some stats during the world cup so here goes:

LANGUAGE WORLD CUP
I decided to see which language was spoken amongst the elite teams. i did it as 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss in each of the 64 games. Our heros from the English language were represented by England, Australia, USA & Trinidad & Tobago, there were lots of one country languages such as serbian (Serbia & Montenegro), Polish (Poland), Japanese (Japan), Korean (Korea), Slavic (Czech Rep.), Croatian (Croatia), Swedish (Sweden), Dutch (Netherlands), Ukranian (Ukraine), German (Germany) and Italian (Italy). There were languages that had a few countries representing it including Arabic (Saudi Arabia, Iran, Tunisia) and Portuguese (Portugal, Brazil & Angola) and then there were the languages that had teams all over the place such as French (France, Switzerland, Cote Divore, Ghana & Togo) and of course the big one when it comes to football Espanol (Spanish, Costa Rica, Paraguay, Argentina & Mexico). this is how the points table finished:

Spanish 32
French 30
Portuguese 29
Italian 19
German 18
English 16
Ukranian 9
Dutch 7
Swedish 5
Korean 4
Polish 3
Arabic 3
Slavic 3
Croatian 2
Japanese 1
Serbian 0

more to come..........

WORLD CLUB CUP:
I wanted to see what club has the best goalscorers so i took every goal from the world cup down, then added it to there clubs scoresheet. this is how it went:

Real Madrid 9
Chelsea 8
Werder Bremen 6
Arsenal 6
Atletico Madrid 6
Milan 6
Liverpool 5
Inter 5
Bayern Munich 4
Barcelona 4
Juventus 4
Valencia 4
Man Utd 3
Borussia Dortmund 3
Herediano 2
Al Sadd 2
LDU Quito 2
Cologne 2
Lech Poznan 2
Sevilla 2
Lens 2
PSG 2
Crveda Svzeda 2
Guadlajara 2
Saba Battery 2
Benfica 2
Udinese 2
Everton 2
Lyon 2
Hertha Berlin 2
Rennes 2
Al Hilal 2
Fiorentina 2
Borrusia MGB 1
Argentinos Juniors 1
Saprissa 1
Copenhagen 1
Pachuca 1
Gillingham 1
Corinthians 1
Nice 1
Galatasaray 1
Toluca 1
Cruz Azul 1
Al Ahly 1
Modena 1
Fenerbache 1
New England Revolution 1
Alaves 1
Celtic 1
Newcastle 1
Nagoya Grampus 8 1
Shakhtar Donetsk 1
Ulsan Hyundai 1
Guingamp 1
MSV Duisburg 1
Bayer Leverkusen 1
Troyes 1
Bolton Wanderers 1
Nuremburg 1
Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1
Dynamo Kyiv 1
Spartak Moscow 1
Roma 1
Palermo 1
Marseille 1

BEST SCORING LEAGUE
going on from world club cup i decided to see what league would be best if u want to see goals. heres the tally:

England 27
Spain 26
Italy 22
Germany 19
France 11
Mexico 5
Costa Rica 3
Qatar 2
Ecuador 2
Poland 2
Serbia & Montenegro 2
Iran 2
Portugal 2
Saudi Arabia 2
Turkey 2
Russia 2
Ukraine 2
Argentina 1
Denmark 1
Brazil 1
Egypt 1
USA 1
Scotland 1
Japan 1
Korea 1

I usually diss english football but there clubs have goalscorers cant deny that, the one goal that got them the win was by a Gillingham player lol. wierd to see noone from the dutch league score.