What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World of Warcraft

Dragon2010

First Grade
Yes, I've made a few threads here recently. But they're all constructive so it's no issue hopefully.

Who here has played this game? What race, class do you play? How long have you been playing? Still enjoy it?

Me, I started playing in 2007 when I was in Year 9. In Year 10 I rushed up to 70 and played during it's "Glory-Days" of BC. I joined a semi-serious raiding guild and got some decent progress among a range of tiers. Come WotLK we turned pretty serious and I was raiding 4-5 days a week. We got Server 2nd Sarth3D10Man among some other notable achievements and we were one of the strongest Alliance guilds on my server (Oceanic- Nagrand). I quit when ToC came out, came back a bit as a casual for ICC.

Played rarely during Cata as in my opinion, it was a pile of rubbish and the expansion was a utter joke. I played in patches but towards MoP really dug in and played to get my toon up and ready for Mists. Mists was a letdown for me. What I thought would redeem the game further pushed it further a downwards spiral for me. I feel the game has changed way to much and it does not feel like like the same game I used to play.

I've quit now but still got my toon, with some old-school achievements and 9K+ achievement points. I was a bit of a nerd and during Wrath days was geared to teeth with the best of the best. Here's what I ended with:

- 90 Elemental/Resto Draenei Shaman
- 80 Fire Gnome Mage
- 80 Feral Kitty Worgen Druid
- 60 PVP M'Man Night Elf Hunter

Was a good game, but I'm over it. Anyone else care to share?

Dragon2010

First Grade
And, I put this in the wrong forum. Can I get this moved to Computer and Video games please?

gUt

Coach
I was a viking in vanilla, played in a top horde guild on Blackrock which was an open pvp server before there was any point to pvp'ing, apart from the fun of it. The Tarren Mill/Southshore wars were unending.

Played a mage and was able to sell that account for $800 when TBC was announced. After that I played a mate's account when he went overseas, played a shaman. He was a fun toon.

Started another account when he came back, played a pally and a druid. Enjoyed WOTLK as a pally, but pretty much got over the game at this time. Cata did nothing for me really and have not logged in for about a year or more. MOP seems like complete wank which is confirm by my brother who still plays.

My main problem with WoW is I guess common to all MMOs - you bust your arse to grind and get stuff only for it to be completely superceded by the first green quest reward in the new expansion. I remember before TBC came out they introduced battle grounds and pvp gear. We ground away and got the gear. Then TBC came out and we weren't even able to sell the suddenly useless pvp gear for a few gold. Farkin rip off.

Frederick

Staff member
There are two types of people who play WoW:

WorldofWarcraft11.jpg

And

southpark.jpg

HowHigh

Coach
I still play sometimes but not a lot. I raided a bit in BC then seriously in WoTLK but got sick of it after ICC and haven't raided since.
All I do is bg pretty much.. got the bloodthirsty title for 250k hks
Play a mage or resto shaman on Frostmourne ally

Fire

First Grade
I've never played WoW.

But if people like that stuff, you should read the book Reamde by Neal Stephenson.

Good book by a good author.

gUt

Coach
I've read Cryptonomicon by Stephenson and it was fantastic, however I've heard it's a bit of a one-hit wonder.

Apey

Staff member
Only ever tried it once, I imagine if I had got into it before LOTRO before came out I'd still be playing it now...

Fire

First Grade
I've read Cryptonomicon by Stephenson and it was fantastic, however I've heard it's a bit of a one-hit wonder.

Yep. Cryptonomicon was an awesome read. That's how I came across him. I'd say that that is his best work.

I read The Baroque Cycle's (three 1,000 page tombs). They were decent.

Reamde is more of an "action" book by him, there's not really that "science" touch to it (which made Crypto and TBC's cool reads. But, it's still an awesome read in my opinion. A 1,000 page tomb, as is usual with him, but a really enjoyable read.

bileduct

Coach
I played this game for about five years, starting in early 2005 going through to 2010, from vanilla to WotLK. I was only in semi-serious raiding guilds which was frustrating as shit.

I had an 80 of each different class, though I mainly played a tank/dps druid and a priest.

When I stopped playing I was so thoroughly sick of the game and the attitude of the people I was guilding with. I remember one Saturday morning when I was farming for herbs, and I had been flying around for around an hour and suddenly asked myself "why the f**k am I doing this shit?" and logged off, never to return the game.

What pissed me off the most about the game was the content patches during WotLK that added new raids and new tiers of gear, making the previous set of gear ridiculously easy to obtain through tokens.

redvscotty

First Grade
I still play now and again. I'm in a raiding guild that very rarely raids (no one turns up, the ones that do are geniuss).

Pretty sure raiding will stop soon enough, which I don't really care about.

Played a Dwarf Priest to 60 in Vanilla, then got banned for botting. Made shit loads of cash though.

After i got banned and just after TBC came out I made a Dranny Shammy and have gone from that to Dwarf to Troll and now Orc. This has been my main the entire time as i hate alts. It also limits the amoutn of time I've ever had to spend playing the game.

My favorite parts from the whole timeline have been Kharazan clears on Friday nights just to get me gear, then raiding Hyjal. Hyjal has been my fav raid by far.

Also played with Warrior (85) Pally (90) and countless other alts, that I have deleted or abandoned.

HowHigh

Coach
For the people that still play, what server/faction are you on?

Kara was a cool raid, mainly for the look of it
My favourite was Ulduar

Dragon2010

First Grade
For the people that still play, what server/faction are you on?

Kara was a cool raid, mainly for the look of it
My favourite was Ulduar

I was previously on Nagrand, then moved to Jubei'Thos (As Alliance) all because of friends. After I quit they moved to Frostmourne. If I was to play again I'd Frostmourne-Alliance.

Favourite raid by far is Ulduar. I loved it, and the hardmodes. I did them when they were current so getting the DPS check and everything was tough. I remember killing XT002 "Heartbreaker" after he enraged with just me and our "tanking" Rogue still alive. Getting a 100k+ Windfurry crit on Hodir to with the buffs and more, was great. Not to mention Yogg-Saron sent chills down my spine with his "I am a lucid dream, the monster in your nightmares....The fiend of a thousand faces. Cower before my true-form! Bow down before the god of death" and his evil scary laugh on-top.

I miss it in one sense, in another MoP was a massive blow for me and I wish they'd release old-school servers based on BC/Early Wrath Mould (Come ToC they made the game too easy). I loved it back in those days, I know people say to me "Just go private server" but it's not the same feel, experiences and finding a raid or BG is hardly doable (Yet alone stable servers).

Here is a link to my main:
Meralus

Latest posts