What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Test Cricket Championship Idea's

brooksy19

Bench
What's everyones thoughts on having a genuine World Test Cricket Championship ?

Should it be a tournament every 4 years or should it be a four year schedule, where you play each team home and away during that time frame ?

Is it even possible to play each ICC Test Nation twice (3 match series min) in a four year span ?

Tom Shines

First Grade
Yeah but I think in like a league situation.

Could you schedule 9 test matches a year whilst fitting in all the other cricket, such as the Ashes, T20, ODIs etc? I doubt it.

brooksy19

Bench
Well, Australia played what WI x 3, ENG x 5, SAF x 4 = 12 (perhaps a few more) in 2009 calendar year.

Nations like India, NZ, Sri Lanka, PAKIS maybe just need to be pay a couple less 7 match ODI series.

I think we need a T20 window and perhaps a Bi Annual Test Tournement, where the winner would get bonus points.

Take what they have now, make it a League, even split it into two conferences (i.e you play extra tests against people in your conference). and give 4 Points for a Win, 1 for a Draw and 0 for a loss. However the tournament final would be worth 10 points for the Win.

Bradman Conference
Australia
Sth Africa
New Zealand
England

Gavaskar Conference
West Indies
Pakistan
India
Sri Lanka

This allows Australia to vs NZ,England and S Africa in 5 match series, but only play the other teams in the Gavaskar Conference in 3 match series.

The West Indies for no particular reason can be grouped with The Sub Continent nations, whom all have a great rivalry.

I realise, that India vs Australia is a great rivalry now, but long term India vs Pakis and Sri Lanka is their # 1 rivalry, much like Aus vs Eng is ours.

Latest posts