What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Actors Ever To Prove A Commercial Success?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Dumb thread. All the actors listed do what's required for the film they are in and what the director asks of them.

Affleck is underrated. He was lead in a shitty Michael Bay movie and everyone gave him shit from then on. Now as the director and lead actor of a best picture winner he's proven he has more talent than the people who bash him give him credit for.

He was average in Argo. Perfectly good director though.

gronkathon

First Grade
Don't know if Marky Mark is acting.

Al lof his character barring Diggler seem to be annoying jerk from New England. I just think that is him turning up

Springs

First Grade
He was average in Argo. Perfectly good director though.

He did exactly what was needed for the film to work as it did. If that is 'average' then I guess acting really isn't that important then since it was one of the best of the year.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He didn't harm the film. He was just a little flat as a leading man. Like labeouf was mentioned who is certainly a decent enough actor but I just don't think he carries a film. Same with Affleck. His films will be all the better for him stepping off the stage.

Certainly not a bad actor. The dad in troll 2 was a bad actor.

Springs

First Grade
He didn't harm the film. He was just a little flat as a leading man. Like labeouf was mentioned who is certainly a decent enough actor but I just don't think he carries a film. Same with Affleck. His films will be all the better for him stepping off the stage.

Certainly not a bad actor. The dad in troll 2 was a bad actor.

The character was flat as a lead. He suited the film perfectly. No need to be jumping out of the screen with energy. If the film needed more than he could do he would have cast someone else.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Steven Seagal was the f**king man.

Arnie had a sense of humour about himself and charisma.

Jackie Chan...he's a martial artist ffs.

Adam Sandler is the worst everything ever.

nöyd

Staff member
Adam Sandler is the worst everything ever.

Eelementary, should we ever meet in person, feel free to remind me that I owe you a cold frosty beer of your choosing simply for stating no truer a statement than the one you have spewed forth there.

Good day sir, and well played.

Sandler f**king sucks.

Tommy Smith

Referee
John Wayne was a very good actor. Not in the modern day sense; but for his time he played many of his great roles to perfection. See True Grit, the Searchers, Red River, Rio Bravo...

Same for Clint Eastwood.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Eelementary, should we ever meet in person, feel free to remind me that I owe you a cold frosty beer of your choosing simply for stating no truer a statement than the one you have spewed forth there.

Good day sir, and well played.

Sandler f**king sucks.

I agree!

Although, he did do one film in which I think he was OK, and that was Funny People. He wasn't great or anything, but he was a million times better than anything he ever did anywhere else.

I also cannot see how David Spade or Keanu Reeves did so well. Spade is typecast (and does a terrible job at that), and Reeves is just wooden.

WYD

Juniors
I agree!

Although, he did do one film in which I think he was OK, and that was Funny People. He wasn't great or anything, but he was a million times better than anything he ever did anywhere else.

I also cannot see how David Spade or Keanu Reeves did so well. Spade is typecast (and does a terrible job at that), and Reeves is just wooden.
David Spade was ok as Chris Farley's straight man, beyond that he's out of his depth.