What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst day ever????

Tommy Smith

Referee
I disagree.

I thought it was a great day of Test cricket.

One of the best.

Right up there with Day 5 of the Adelaide Ashes test two years ago.:oops:

TheParraboy

Staff member
I thought it was a great day of Test cricket.

One of the best.

Right up there with Day 5 of the Adelaide Ashes test two years ago.:oops:

I actually agree with you

Dissapointing as an Aussie supporter, but an amazing day of test cricket

sh*ts all over any 20/20 game

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It was mean't to be by an Australian side, SA played great one of the geat fightbacks but from an Aussies point of view it was a shocker.

D

Deleted member 10972

I actually agree with you

Dissapointing as an Aussie supporter, but an amazing day of test cricket

sh*ts all over any 20/20 game

Agreed.

It is also good to see overrated players struggle when they don't have things going their way. Lee can make as much excuses as he wants...personal life, stress fractures, stomach bug, whatever. But it is clear, the selectors want him there because he is the team logo, the one in plenty of commercials, and who makes plenty of revenue off his image. He is good for cricket - he brings crowds, and he balances out the game by giving the other team free runs lol. Same reason Simmo walks straight in for Watson who gets punted straight away.

Give Watto and Hilfy a chance, piss off Lee and Symonds and really make them earn their spots again. As far as I am concerned, Symmo is only there because of a little bit of batting inconsistency by Watto that immediately makes him the fall guy, and Lee is only there because he was made to look a star by a pisspoor NZ team (lets not forget that McCullum took the sword to him and smashed him to all parts, showing that he didn't bowl that great, NZ bats just played him poorly).

TheParraboy

Staff member
Agreed.

It is also good to see overrated players struggle when they don't have things going their way. Lee can make as much excuses as he wants...personal life, stress fractures, stomach bug, whatever. But it is clear, the selectors want him there because he is the team logo, the one in plenty of commercials, and who makes plenty of revenue off his image. He is good for cricket - he brings crowds, and he balances out the game by giving the other team free runs lol. Same reason Simmo walks straight in for Watson who gets punted straight away.

damm good points there mate

Wonder how much influence that side of things has on test selection

Must be a consideration, KFC and ford would be pissed off a tad if Symonds and Hayden were dropped, they would probably want some of their advertising dollars back

Tom Shines

First Grade
damm good points there mate

Wonder how much influence that side of things has on test selection

Must be a consideration, KFC and ford would be pissed off a tad if Symonds and Hayden were dropped, they would probably want some of their advertising dollars back

It's exactly the same as the continual selection of David Beckham in the England football side.

badav

Bench
Is today one of the worst day's ever for Aussie cricket, 1 wicket for over 200 runs against tailenders. Was just at a mates house and that was the topic of conversation. Considering the only wicket was Harris caught on the boundary.

The day where they went wicketless against the indians (in the test India won after following on) would have to come close.

pepe

Juniors
i was at the cricket yesterday and it was very sad if you are an aussie fan,you really have to admire the fight from the south africans and the confidence in selecting the young guys who have come into the team,they have produced the goods,you can see the comraderie in the team unlike our team atm.