What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

worst kick chase in the nrl

tiger_nick

Bench
ive said it all year and today is was blatantly obvious.

we should have had about 7 line drop outs today, instead we made mckinnon look like churchill/lockyer/langlands/brasher rolled into one.

the urgency just isn't there

Vatuvei clocked up about 1250 metres alone. Effectively, he was running sprints up and down the ground and very occasionally came across a speed hump like Hanbury.

tigerzai

Juniors
kick chase was shizer tonight...........in saying that on our chase the first two usually there are farah and lawrence

super_coach

First Grade
I said at the start of the season we were bottom of the heap when it came to the kick and chase and that was evident yesterday big time. Maybe its time to have a look at Lewis in the halves, maybe question marks on his D but is a renowned kicker of the ball of course than theirs the chase,Farah back will help

Will De Ness

Juniors
No point chasing when you kick it did 90% of the time
But then if we had a half instead of a gun 5/8 playing half cos his coach signed a dud ...
Well i'm sure you know the rest

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
As I said in the other thread, our most effective kicks are coming from dummy half, thats says a lot about the woeful kicking game from the halves, under waaaay less pressure.

f**k, I'd have Kimmorley in the side, purely for his kicking game. He may be ordinary in most other areas, but his kicking game wins his teams matches. We have a small lightweight, yet fast pack compared to most teams, we need to kick to space and chase hard, we should be able to pin our opposition in their own half for the majority of the game.

tiger_nick

Bench
As I said in the other thread, our most effective kicks are coming from dummy half, thats says a lot about the woeful kicking game from the halves, under waaaay less pressure.

f**k, I'd have Kimmorley in the side, purely for his kicking game. He may be ordinary in most other areas, but his kicking game wins his teams matches. We have a small lightweight, yet fast pack compared to most teams, we need to kick to space and chase hard, we should be able to pin our opposition in their own half for the majority of the game.

exactly right.

same as st.george with soward. they are really a very average team who suffocates the opposition by pinning them in their own end and not turning the ball over whilst in possession.