What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

worst origin game for a while?

how did you rate origin 1

• good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • average

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xXSANDYXx

Bench
the fact that it was so close and either side could have won made it exciting esp when it went into extra time, but more tries would have made it better

Hass

Juniors
Both teams were very conservative. That was just how it panned out. Both sides were missing their key playmakers in Johns and Lockyer and NSW had already showed their conservative intentions when they overlooked Hill.

Some conservative matches can be real ding-dong affairs in the Forwards. This one wasn't. Webcke was undrstrength, Baiely and Ryles were missing while Geordie was retired and Hindmarsh underused.

Still, the work of the forwards on both sides was immense and made for a fascinating game of Rugby League.

There's been plenty of games more average than the one we just saw. I loved seeing a low score for a change.

Sure, last year we had a Classic Origin opener, however it's unfair to compare any match to that glorious encounter. On its own this match was just great - close and hard fought in slippery conditions with some good tactical play that culminated in a Grandstand finish.

What more can you really ask for without being a little bit greedy ;-)

Cheers.

skeepe

Immortal
Just got home from the game and I thought it was fantastic. The crowd were constantly on the edge of their seats, and the atmosphere was great (I've heard others say that it wasn't so good, but as it was my first SOO match I have nothing to compare it to). Shame about the result.

Leagueguy

Juniors
I think when a team feels like it hasn't got much in attack the whole team falls a bit flat. Last year when Brisbane had nothing in attack, the forwards seemed to drop off a little, I think it hurts them mentally when they work so hard to get to the other end of the field and then nothing happens. I think some good playmakers would have lifted both sides tonight.

Anonymous

Juniors
#-o #-o #-o

I thought it was bloody awesome. They bashed each other out of it, that's why there was no attack.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Yeah thats exactly right, or any player for that matter, Lewis, Rooney, Slater , they were all wasted in attack tonight.

There's a lot of soft forwards in Australia, is there not ?

Price
Hindmarsh
Carlaw
Kite
Ryan

The list is endless.

Origin is not what it used to be. Where was the passion ? None.

Woods

Juniors
The Original Eye said:
There's a lot of soft forwards in Australia, is there not ?

Price
Hindmarsh
Carlaw
Kite
Ryan

The list is endless.

Origin is not what it used to be. Where was the passion ? None.

Any credibility you had went out the window when you listed Steven Price.

Bengal

Juniors
xwizit said:
imho, the only thing exciting about tonights game was

the courage of the players going into extra time toughing it out

and the closeness

after 10 mins, where the f**k was the aggro? the flair?

oh, and nsw winning helped :p

dont get me wrong it was a nailbiter game but not because of the attack.and defence was ok but soft tries from dummy half :x

xwizit I totally agree

Rugged you took the words right out of my mouth!

I am heartened by these reactions, I was worried after hearing some of the crap I've heard (Gus's comments for instance) stating that this was a classic game, which is a l o n g way from the truth.

The game is in good stead when the fans can't be hoodwinked. Good onya xwizit and to all posters who thought the game was by State of Origin standards - very ordinary to say the least!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
But, even the scoreline suggests it had similarities to Yawnion, the most boring sport on the plantet, with the winners getting up with less tries and a penalty goal

It doesn't suprise me that you say that with a Qld avatar.

Who cares if NSW won the match by only scoring field goals? (Admittedly, that would be somewhat unexciting) They scored more points than Queensland!

I thought it was a great game.