What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you like Koroibete?

Carlton

Juniors
I would like to know what your thoughts are on the Dragons having a crack at getting Koroibete.

If he is available I would like to see us have a go, I know he will be making it harder for a junior but he is experienced, 24 and has blistering speed. He plays left side and would be a good replacement for Gypsy.

possm

Coach
I don't think he is available and Millward is not looking for a winger. But yes for me mainly because we need some strike Power to catch Widdop's high kicks close to the line and we need a big strong winger to run the ball from dummy half when we are deep in our half.

Walpole

Juniors
I don't think he is available and Millward is not looking for a winger. But yes for me mainly because we need some strike Power to catch Widdop's high kicks close to the line and we need a big strong winger to run the ball from dummy half when we are deep in our half.
Or..or...we could get Nene to do what he's paid for, which is exactly what you describe....

Life's Good

Coach
Or..or...we could get Nene to do what he's paid for, which is exactly what you describe....
Spot on. This is a good example of an area where Mary comes up short in the coaching ranks(bench rotation and player selection being others). You have a player in Nene who is blessed with the attributes(speed, size, power)to be a devastating player but plays like a timid, wet lettuce leaf.

As for Koroibete, if he was available then its a yes.

GC Dragon

Juniors
I would like to know what your thoughts are on the Dragons having a crack at getting Koroibete.

If he is available I would like to see us have a go, I know he will be making it harder for a junior but he is experienced, 24 and has blistering speed. He plays left side and would be a good replacement for Gypsy.
Absolutely . I mentioned him in another thread . If the Rebels fold he has said he will come back to the NRL and wants to move back to Sydney where his family is .

Frank Facer

First Grade
Koroibete would be excellent. Way better than Johnston. It would be good having Koroibete and McDonald on the wings with either Field or Dufty at fullback.

The question is do we need him? I think we have some pretty good juniors who could debut on the wing next year or the one after. I do not think Koroibete is a requirement. I think anyone of Herbert, Garrick, Marsters or Lomax could all be ready to play wing next year.

possm

Coach
Koroibete would be excellent. Way better than Johnston. It would be good having Koroibete and McDonald on the wings with either Field or Dufty at fullback.

The question is do we need him? I think we have some pretty good juniors who could debut on the wing next year or the one after. I do not think Koroibete is a requirement. I think anyone of Herbert, Garrick, Marsters or Lomax could all be ready to play wing next year.

Yes! We do have a few really good prospects who could be promoted to a wing position however, if there was any chance of them being ready, I think you would find they would be considered. So the problem is timing. We don't have juniors ready right now so it is hard to place them.