What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you pay extra for a NRL Channel on Fox?

thommo4pm

Coach
If Foxtel came out and said we are providing an extra channel for the NRL at a charge of around $40 per month, would you subscribe to it?

I know I would.
Being a season ticket holder is great, and seeing all 7 games on Fox is great, however I would love to have footy forum shows(besides NRL on Fox, which I think is a quality show) and all the garbage that the AFL gets.

It's about time the NRL and it's fans got the same treatment as that other code.

Would you subscribe to the extra channel?

Mr Saab

Referee
i probably would if it was 10 a month, but 40??????????? No way and where did you get 40 from? Foxtel had an AFL channel that you had to pay to view, but then that now is free.
Foxtel should just do what AFL does and have a dedicated channel for free.

Even if i had to pay for this new channel they would have to have some good content on the show.
Great club, origin and test games of the past from the 70s. 80s. 90s.
Show old national panasonic cup games
Show everything basically.

nqboy

First Grade
No. Not at $40/month, not even at $10/month. I can't be bothered watching all the games now, there's no way I'm going to watch PL, Qld Cup, ESL, Metro Cup and whatever else they could serve up. I would like to see more old games on Fox but I'm not prepared to pay any more for it.

t-ba

Post Whore
Yes.

But the FOX is the only vaguely national exposure the sport gets. I'd rather it stay on the standard package, just with some more content (Instead of endless repeats of Wallabies matches hardly anybody watched in the First Place :| )

Simo

First Grade
No. Many cant afford it and we need exposure. I hate to say it but if AFL couldnt support a nation wide foxtel channel, I dont think league could either. It would be just asking for most people who cant afford the forever hiking of the FOX prices to watch the union on sat night instead of League.

I say definately NO.

rugged

Juniors
I'd like to see a rugby league/rugby channel. There is already a fair amount of NRL on during the season.

In the offseason it's a different thing - there is almost nothing. There is also almost nothing of old classic games which would be good.

The Colonel

Immortal
$40 - not on your life. I'm paying double that for Foxtel itself and no way would I pay that for one channel. $7.95 a month would be realistic but unless there was more than repeats of old games it wouldn't be worth it.

ibeme

First Grade
No. Not only is $40 too much, it would effectively remove league from the mainstream Fox Sports channels. At the moment, we never even have to take a glimpse at AFL on pay, because to do so we have to go to the specific AFL channel. Fox Sports are channels that we flick to to see what's on. The AFL channel isn't. NRL would be even more irrelevant in the Southern States.

Broncodroid

Juniors
I echo the same thoughts of the majority here, YES, definately, I would pay extra for a dedicated channel to the NRL though not at $40 p/mth...hell, it is costing me $100 p/mth now and I hardly watch the TV.

I have wrote to the NRL to air my thoughts on the benefit it would have and I would love to be able to see some of the old games from other decades seeing the players my grandfather and father talk about in their prime.

Darth Bobo

If there was more on it than just the weekend games.

I would love a channel that would run all the older games and have access to the ARL/NRL/NSWRL vaults for midweek specials, "This week we look at the final 3 rounds and the final series of 1988" etc,.

$40 a month is bit steep though.

thommo4pm

Coach
I just used $40 per month as a figure, nothing of note behind it.
I didn't know how much the AFL channel was previously.
$10 a month probably is a more reasonable figure.

Mr Saab

Referee
AFL channel i think was like $14.95 a month to view...but it is now free as even in an AFL mad state of Victoria it wasnt viable as subscriptions were low.
40 is extreme i doubt even 200 units would pay for that.
At 10 a month i think you would have 1000s of units paying for it...but it has to be a good channel

Currently We get 4-5 live games per weekend plus the replays of the NON live games, why do we need another channel to make us pay more. Keep it how it is and Im very happy.

Mr Saab

Referee
Jake the snake said:
Currently We get 4-5 live games per weekend plus the replays of the NON live games, why do we need another channel to make us pay more. Keep it how it is and Im very happy.

they could keep it how it is with games on fox 1 or 2 but they could introduce a channel which plays old games like i mentioned in my 1st post.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Here in NZ our pay TV supplier Sky has what they call the Rugby Channel which shows old Super 12, NPC, International, and all sorts of other rahrah shite. From memory it's about 10 bucks a month extra. If they did the same for League I'd definitely subscribe to it. I'd love to see old games, doco's, interviews, specialty chat shows and stuff but I really don't see Sky doing it as most of NZ are rahrahs to the hilt with League only being strong in Auckland and to a lesser extent Christchurch and Wellington.

Glen

Bench
I would pay a bit more for it if they made one, but $40 is crazy. They would never charge anywhere near that though. I would like an NRL channel for my own entertainment but whether it's good for the game's national exposure is very doubtful, as others have said, unless they kept the live games on the regular sport channels.

taxidriver

Coach
wouldnt pay a cent and if they took it away from the current subscription I'd tell them to shove the whole thing up their arse.

pay tv is a massive rort comapring what I got for what I paid when I first signed up to what I get now.

choisir

Juniors
Id pay for it,I reckon it would be great if they would show repeats of classic games from the past.But Id really like to se some coverage of bush footy.

Kaz

junior
I just want to pay for a NRL Channel.

The other channels on Fox are sh!t

Latest posts