What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wovelli

JB

Juniors
He could kick in the Sahara and still find the fullback!

He's just taking up space on the field.

PAPI

Juniors
I thought you guys were being a bit harsh with poor Grant but after today.....well....... i'm with you he's got to go ! :evil:

Blaze

Juniors
problem is, there is no one in the squad that should replace him imo... we need to look outside of the club. Poach an up and coming union 5/8 or something...

Scorpio30

Bench
For 2 years now Ive willed him and wanted him to become a good half for the Warriors and have bitten my tongue so far this year but sorry, time to go GR.

HevyDevy

Coach
That's because he always was and always will be a hooker.

His running game is his greatest asset but he is no playmaker.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
His running game is his greatest asset but he is no playmaker.
wow....sounds just like Hohaia and Fein, our other "options". Actually, sounds like pretty much every Kiwi and Warriors half I have seen for about the last 10 years...ffs...

HevyDevy

Coach
That's right, so rather than blame the individual players - some of whom are performing okay when played in position - you should consider your recruitment perhaps?

Invest in a promising young halfback rather than trying to convert someone.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Bring Martin Denyer in and play him at halfback, since he thinks everyone else is crap and not coming up with any alternatives.

scottttt

Juniors
That's right, so rather than blame the individual players - some of whom are performing okay when played in position - you should consider your recruitment perhaps?

Invest in a promising young halfback rather than trying to convert someone.

thats what we attempted to do with rovelli, and look how that turned out

Micistm

Bench
No immediate answer in terms of a buy, but the best thing to do NOW is to drop him, hope like **** he gets some form back. But if he doesn't, he can work his time out there. IN the meantime, IMO, Witt#6, Fein#7,Henderson#9. Leave Lance at #1 as he's doing well there. No way should Ropati be going back to the halves, he can fight with Shortland for the other Centre position.

Micistm

Bench
He's such a nice guy though, you WANT the guy to do well, and it's obvious he's trying hard to get it back- which is all the more worrying that it's not happening.

Maybe he'll do the fashionable thing and get a Union contract in France ;-)

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Bring Martin Denyer in and play him at halfback, since he thinks everyone else is crap and not coming up with any alternatives.

We don't have any alternatives. End of story.

On Denyer, I hear he has great vision but unfortunately no long passing game, no long kicking game, no speed, and no strength, so he can't really take advantage of any of the openings he sees.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
We don't have any alternatives. End of story.

On Denyer, I hear he has great vision but unfortunately no long passing game, no long kicking game, no speed, and no strength, so he can't really take advantage of any of the openings he sees.

There are always alternatives. It's how good they are that counts.

I hope Martin Denyer gives you a few upper cuts, the next time he sees you.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team

So it would be like swapping Rovelli for a less sexy Rovelli