What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a worked shoot and one of the best I've seen since Heyman's go home promo for Survivor Series 2001.

Loved the shout out to Colt and him talking up Heyman who fought hard to get him on ECW. In fact, Paul really wanted to build ECW around Punk before Vince objected and made sure they made the show about his pet project Bobby Lashley.

I agree, if it's on TV it's a work. They would have cut his mic off much earlier if it wasn't. Amazing promo though, one of the many reasons why Punk is #1 in wrestling today.

Big Pete

Referee
On NXT earlier they aired a hype video with the promo so if it was ever in doubt there you go.

Great heel promo and it's what WWE needs to do more of. Blur the lines and have fans saying 'I know all the other stuff is fake but there was some real truth in that'. That's what made the Monday Night Wars so huge.

Then again, this news pales in comparison to Bateman's shock inclusion in the NXT Redemption finale.

On NXT earlier they aired a hype video with the promo so if it was ever in doubt there you go.

Great heel promo and it's what WWE needs to do more of. Blur the lines and have fans saying 'I know all the other stuff is fake but there was some real truth in that'. That's what made the Monday Night Wars so huge.

Then again, this news pales in comparison to Bateman's shock inclusion in the NXT Redemption finale.

Agreed 100%, especially with the Bateman part.

Alehana

Juniors
that promo was awesome! well done they made it seem so real, CM Punk will be a major loss.

is anyone here going to the live tour in aus/nz? i heard they taped last weeks show after the live one in Vegas, so they wont air the tour downunder (unless some can correct me,) however their tour is hectic, perth, melb, syd, bris, auck, adel in less than a week....

Agent Mulder

Bench
tumblr_lnhdumRYSV1qc1dwlo1_500.gif

He hates HHH. Take it as read. He meant every word. He has either sold the greatest kayfabe moment in WWE history which makes Austin 3:16 look like a cereal commercial or he has crossed the line and blurred the reality of what is script and what is not. CM Punk is a genius. If they can't cop what he said and turn it into the greatest fued in ages between him and HHH then they are dead in the water the WWE. I think wrestling is so bad right now that if Cena retires that company will be history. They need another attitude era with Punk as the generational leader. This kid has it all. Talent, looks and a mike ability never seen before. He is the new Stone Cold and that is exactly why he wore the Stone Cold shirt. He is great friends with Austin away from the game and I would not be surprised if he helped put him up to it. Wrestling could be alive again if the WWE shows it's balls again.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Wow. Just saw the clip, I didn't even know he was leaving... Why though?

Everything he said was true, he out wrestles and out performs everyone else.

DB

First Grade
This is my plan for the wwe:

Uh, hi, Mr. McMahon. I've been doing some thinking, and I've got some ideas to improve the show. I got it right here. One, CM Punk needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Cm Punk's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's CM Punk"? Three--

Big Pete

Referee
I was just listening to an interview Punk did on Cabana's show a year ago and it's interesting to note the similarities.

Punk actually goes into why he dislikes certain fans and the WWE film division. He actually had an idea I really liked. Punk proposed the idea of doing a WWE cannonball run type film with all the WWE superstars and that the WWE SHOULD be trying to incorporate as many stars as possible as that's what the fans want to see and all the guys can get the neccesary experience.

I'd absolutely go buy a ticket and see a film like that as opposed to a B-grade generic action, horror, comedy or coming of age drama.

If it is a work then McMahon is clearly changing the landscape to a more hardcore one. I think he may have just realised that PG level wrestling is weak has got to go or the company is dead.

It was a worked shoot and one of the best I've seen since Heyman's go home promo for Survivor Series 2001.

Loved the shout out to Colt and him talking up Heyman who fought hard to get him on ECW. In fact, Paul really wanted to build ECW around Punk before Vince objected and made sure they made the show about his pet project Bobby Lashley.

The promo reminded me a lot of Joey Styles' promo against Jerry Lawler and the WWE just before ECW One Night Stand.

Chanandalar

Juniors
At the raw show last night in sydney, punk cut a short promo, following the same lines as his "shoot" on raw from last week, ladies and gentlemen, we got ourselves an angle, and most people seem to of gone for this one, hook, line and sinker

Chanandalar

Juniors
Typical raw house show in sydney really

Started the show with Justin Roberts (I think....the ring announcer who does the "Joooooaaaaaarrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnn Ceeeeeeennnnnnaaaaa" deal....you know who I mean by that description) coming out and saying that Punk wasn't going to show thanks to his suspension, cue everyone booing and me dying a lil on the inside, then they say that Punk and the WWE came to an agreement to do house shows, punk comes out my reaction = :crazy:. Rips on Australia for being backwards with dates and everything, rips on HHH and Johnny Ace again, then Mysterio came out. They had a decent match, Mysterio got the win

Rest of the card was (in no order and probably forgetting a few matches):
Kelly Kelly and Beth Phoenix over the Bella Twins
Zach Ryder (who got a decent pop and a lets go ryder chant, I like to think yours truly had some input in getting that shit started from up in the cheap seats :lol:) beat Primo
Ottunga and Perfect Jr beat Santino and Vladmir
Riley beat Miz in a "sydney street fight" which was a normaly match with a singapore cane, chair shots and mic work. (BTW Miz was awesome on the mic before the match, had the crowd eating out of his hand, every time he went to talk he was just met with booing, so he would slowly raise the mic and everyone would boo, this went on for a fair while, him just twitching his wrist with the mic and everyone would boo) Probably one of the better matches of the night.
Bourne beat Swagger
Cena beat R-Truth

Im sure there were more matches but can't really remember.

All in all wasn't to bad a show, the worst match was probably the Cena Truth match, it just seemed really slow paced and people were leaving halfway through. Crowd was decent but not a sell out, probably the lowest crowd they have had a in a long time. Wasn't the best show to come out, but it also wasn't the worst either

Status
Not open for further replies.