What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrecking ball

PANTHERS fans have every reason to be excited about new recruit Viliame Kikau.

The 20-year-old Fijian international, who was rated one of the best players in this year’s NYC, made the move to the foot of the Mountains from the Cowboys at the end of this season.
Standing at 195cm and weighing 119kg, he’ll be one to look for in 2016.

Check out some of the below footage!

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/video-meet-panthers-wrecking-ball/

mxlegend99

Referee
Pretty average video IMO. Some decent runs. But for a 'wrecking ball' he wasn't really knocking guys over and busting the line or looking dominant as such.

In Under 20s especially, you would expect kids to be flying in all directions after he smashes into them at pace. For him to be trampling guys with each run and for him to make big metres after impact on most runs. That video just made him look like a standard front rower.

Not that i think he is average and won't be a wrecking ball for us. I fully expect him to be a beast off the bench sooner rather than later.

Copperhead

Juniors
Pretty average video IMO. Some decent runs. But for a 'wrecking ball' he wasn't really knocking guys over and busting the line or looking dominant as such.

In Under 20s especially, you would expect kids to be flying in all directions after he smashes into them at pace. For him to be trampling guys with each run and for him to make big metres after impact on most runs. That video just made him look like a standard front rower.

Not that i think he is average and won't be a wrecking ball for us. I fully expect him to be a beast off the bench sooner rather than later.

Agree, that wasn't the best "show off" reel. He had a great year and scored a lot of tries, but in the Fiji / PNG test, Stanton Albert easily outplayed him.

betcats

Referee
That was just his last game of the season, he got injured that game and has been in a boot since. Watch the interview on panthers media for some better highlights. He was a union centre before coming to league, he has some nice footwork for a guy his size.