What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WS Cox Plate - Moonee Valley 28/10

Nuffs

Bench
i just saw the end of the web broadcast of the barrier draw

RTW in 6
ES in 10
Miss in 4

i'll post the full barrier draw once it hits a website

Nuffs

Bench
TAB Horse Jockey Gate Weight
1 Casual Pass N Rawiller 11 58
2 Fields Of Omagh C Williams 7 58
3 Grey Swallow S King 1 58
4 El Segundo D Gauci 10 58
5 Lad Of The Manor D Nikolic 2 58
6 Honor In War S Arnold 13 58
7 Our Smoking Joe D Beadman 5 58
8 Racing To Win G Boss 6 56.5
9 Apache Cat G Childs 12 56.5
10 Red Dazzler J Cassidy 3 56.5
11 Pompeii Ruler C Newitt 9 56.5
12 Aqua D’Amore K Fallon 8 56.5
13 Miss Finland L Cropp 4 46

Nuffs

Bench
Sportsbet No. Runner Win Place
36353 EL SEGUNDO 3.50 1.55
36429 RACING TO WIN 3.50 1.55
36371 GREY SWALLOW 9.00 2.77
36406 MISS FINLAND 10.00 3.00
36383 LAD OF THE MANOR 13.00 3.66
36425 POMPEII RULER 13.00 3.66
36432 RED DAZZLER 17.00 4.55
36417 OUR SMOKING JOE 21.00 5.44
36360 FIELDS OF OMAGH 21.00 5.44
36309 APACHE CAT 26.00 6.55
36330 CASUAL PASS 26.00 6.55
36310 AQUA DAMORE 26.00 6.55
36376 HONOR IN WAR 101.00 23.22

Macca_

Coach
Pretty handy field that.

Been a fan of Pompeii Ruler, but a little worried about where he may get from the gate. Would have liked to draw in so Newitt could take a nice little sit off the speed. Exactly where Miss Finland will be now from that barrier. With 46kg, she'll be hard to beat from there.

Couple of runners who on last years form and even form from a few races ago would be right up to this. But last performance or last couple have been under par. El Seg and the Lad mainly.

Some wraps on Grey Swallow. Racing to Win will run well for sure.

Joe and Fields always consistent and will be there abouts.

Wouldn't count out Red Dazzler, Apache or Caual Pass running a bottler either. Same with Aqua.

Keep the hundreds about the other one.

Plenty of chances. Looking for value. Pompeii and the filly will do me.

miccle

Bench
Mystery trifectas all around for mine :lol:

RTW obviously looking very very good, but I can't count out Miss Finland carrying that weight, nor El Segundo.

Apache Cat, Our Smoking Joe and Red Dazzler also offering pretty good value.

Seriously though, six mystery trifectas could be the goer!

box trifecta....pompeii ruler, miss finland and racing to win

i like el segundo but from gate 10 he will either be too far back or 3-4wide the whole way

Macca

Coach
I don't think anything will beat RTW. Miss Finland is the only danger and it has to beat history aswell as the best horse in Australia.

It's a shame Casual Pass didn't get drawn better as I think it was a chance.

Forget El Segundo, it's all Victorian hype.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
racing to win for mine cant see him being beaten.my only reservation is if he handle the valley as i think he'll get the distance.miss finland with 46kg has to be given a chance. not sure about el segundo his last start was ordinary but he goes much better at the valley,same as lad of the manor. touch race IMO good luck.

if racing to win fails dismally in the cox plate it will cast serious doubts on the sydney form....first court command and then last week bentleighs biscuit

Cletus

First Grade
I like Miss Finland on that weight and at the odds I've seen it at ($9). Mind you, I hate Moonee Valley with a passion. How drunk was the guy that designed that track?!? It's a bloody joke!

Foz

Bench
Collingwood Storm said:
if racing to win fails dismally in the cox plate it will cast serious doubts on the sydney form....first court command and then last week bentleighs biscuit

Weird you've picked those 2 horses out.
I've said it in another thread that Court Command was beaten by 2 Sydney horses.
Whats the point?

On the day Bentley Biscuit lost (ridden by a Victorian jockey) Melbourne Horses couldnt salute in the first 5 races.
Who's form do you want to look at?
No doubt Melbourne form is weaker than Sydney's but it doesnt work out in every single race.
Race 6 a Victorian horse finally wins a race at Caulfields biggest day of the year.Ridden by a Sydney jockey.
Not even 100% sure Perfectly Ready is Victorian.

How have Victorian jockeys gone in their big races over the last few years?
By big races I mean Cox Plate,Derby,Cup.
Not real impressive given their home town advantage.
Take away the Kiwi based vics and their record is even poorer.
Gauci looks their best chance of doing it in the Cox Plate.

Macca_

Coach
Bently Biscuit clearly didn't handle Caulfield either. Once he straightened up he made some ground. Will be much better suited at Flemington.

2 Fields Of Omagh C Williams 7 58
7 Our Smoking Joe D Beadman 5 58
8 Racing To Win G Boss 6 56.5
12 Aqua D’Amore K Fallon 8 56.5
13 Miss Finland L Cropp 4 46[/quote]

There your best five for the cox plate ladies and gents.

if your just after the quinella go 8 &13 trifecta probably 8,13 & 7.

Dont rule out 12 though ran an unlucky 2nd to tawqueet in the caulfield and looks really good has been building herslef up the last few weeks.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Macca_ said:
Bently Biscuit clearly didn't handle Caulfield either. Once he straightened up he made some ground. Will be much better suited at Flemington.
i dont like backing horses at their first go at caulfield and the biscuit proved me right again.but i'll be smashing him next start.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Macca_ said:
Well then that adds more weight to my Oaks horse Rendzina than :lol:. Was her first go in Melbourne. Also had to contend with the bias and came from 12th at the 400m to run 2nd. She's a live Oaks chance and I got 81's :D (9's now).
thats a pretty good get macca,i got 11's with sefrah in the oaks and i thought i did okay.

Macca_

Coach
Be an even better get if Pop Rock win the MC then Rendzina wins the Oaks :D (check Skye Blue Plate thread).