What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE 2k17

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Didn't get '16. Well I did but then my machine wouldn't play it.
Looks like 17 is a big improvement on it

Some really good roster inclusions this year - AJ Styles in for the first time, Finn Balor is in. Nakamura as DLC, Goldberg again. Sting is in there. Crews, Nia Jax.

I am stoked that Stardust has remained in the game, as I liked that gimmick (haters gon hate)

Here is the roster on this link here
http://au.ign.com/wikis/wwe-2k17/Roster

Think we have 2 more announcements (announcements are around 35 superstars I think?)
Obvious ones that will be added are: Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, would hope to see Bullet Club in there, Sheamus, Rusev, Lana, Goldust, Big E, Kane, Big Show, Enzo and Cass,Taker. Flair. The Miz, Wyatt, Harper, Paige, Stone Cold, Foley, Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns

Ones I hope will be added but not so certain - Road Dogg (they have Billy Gunn in there!), Outsiders, Rhyno (I LOVE Rhyno. Absolute Rhyno mark. Don't ask why), RVD, DDP, Raven, Owen Hart, Chyna, Xpac. Luger. Samoa Joe, Austin Aeries, Robert Roode, Vader

Looks like they've changed the way submissions work, which appears to be a popular improvement
Backstage brawls and in-crowd fighting are both back!
Also Ladder matches, the mechanics of placing the ladders has changed. No longer do you have to fiddle the ladder around to the right place, and the way you retrieve the title/MITB briefcase has also changed

Looks to be shifting in the right direction.

Further improvements/changes (for future additions) would be
Brand split (although I understand this can still be done as such, it just won't be a feature of the game and the draft wont be in)
GM Mode - To kinda go with the brand split
Ability to have 8 or more wrestlers in the ring at one time. This would make the Royal Rumble better, also opens up Survivor Series style tag-team matches. Also 8 person (or more) battle royals. Here Comes The Pain had this, still remember that game as my favorite ever wrestling game

Last edited:

Wato

Juniors
Some great improvements you can also start on the main roster in career mode too. The NXT edition of this at eb games look really nice, Don't know if I will pick it up at launch since October is a stacked month with Titanfall and battlefield plus mafia 3.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Think we have 2 more announcements (announcements are around 35 superstars I think?)
Obvious ones that will be added are: Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, would hope to see Bullet Club in there, Sheamus, Rusev, Lana, Goldust, Big E, Kane, Big Show, Enzo and Cass,Taker. Flair. The Miz, Wyatt, Harper, Paige, Stone Cold, Foley, Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns

Ones I hope will be added but not so certain - Road Dogg (they have Billy Gunn in there!), Outsiders, Rhyno (I LOVE Rhyno. Absolute Rhyno mark. Don't ask why), RVD, DDP, Raven, Owen Hart, Chyna, Xpac. Luger. Samoa Joe, Austin Aeries, Robert Roode, Vader

From the ones I thought would be added - in the latest reveal: Zayn, Sheamus, Rusev, Big Show, Enzo, Big Cass, Flair, Miz, Wyatt, Paige, and Ambrose are included. Leaving Owens, Bullet Club, Lana (maybe not playable), Goldust, Big E, Kane, Taker, Harper, Stone Cold, Foley, Rollins and Reigns yet to be announced.

From ones I was hoping to be added, they've put in Samoa Joe, Scott Hall and DDP. Still would like Road Dogg, Kevin Nash, Rhyno, RVD, Owen Hart, Chyna, Xpac, Luger, Aeries, Roode and Vader. Road Dogg doesn't look likely, IIRC Billy Gunn was in last year but Road Dogg wasn't. Rhyno maybe too late? RVD isn't affiliated with WWE currently, so unless theres an ECW DLC. Owen Hart and Chyna probably won't be in. Aeries and Roode perhaps NXT DLC?

Other notable inclusions Natural Disasters, American Alpha and the big man Lesnar announced in.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Wrestlemania 2000 on the N64.

Last time I enjoyed a WWF game

Here Comes The Pain

Loved that one.

Also, Big E was announced in an earlier one so that's all good.

One more announcement,I'd say it'd be 35 people, I've seen rumors of 40 but that seems rather high!
I'm hoping they've left a huge surprise in for the last week, give us an Owen Hart, a Chyna. Maybe a Hogan (if they're able to agree?). One things for sure, it won't be Benoit.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
My guess for the last announcement:

Undertaker
Reigns
Kane
Blake
Murphy
Nash or maybe as Diesel
Dusty
Goldust
Regal
Stevie Ray
Kevin Owens
Bayley
Stone Cold
X-Pac
Asuka
Rhyno (hopefully!!!)
Luke Harper

That's 17
Probably another 13, Bullet Club, Boss Man, Luger, Yokozuna, Road Dogg? LOD? Demolition? Still think we could potentially get someone we havn't seen before Chyna or Owen would be top. Probably end up being someone like Tatanka though (which isn't actually bad!).

With the Nitro and the Halloween Havok arenas, I would LOVE to see some wCw guys - Rey, Malenko, Sid, Juventuud, Eddie, Hogan, Luger, Faces Of Fear, Vampiro, Konnan. Heck I'd be happy for an Alex Wright or Disco Inferno but I doubt they'd stand a chance. Surprised we are getting Razor and not Hall, unless we get both?

DLC Packs could be:
wCw - some of the guys mentioned above

ECW - Rhyno (if not in already), Sabu, Sandman, RVD, FBI, Funk

NXT - To be fair, they've done a really good job in getting NXT talent into this so far.

Tag Teams - Another thing they've done well is giving us tag teams, this is the richest tag team division we've had in a game off memory. In a DLC pack, you'd probably just want to include 3 tag teams and new belt design or two. LOD, Steiner Brothers. Hardys wouldn't be an option as they are in TNA. Demolition. Heck even some singles guys to complete tag teams like Road Dogg or Dynamite Kid. Money Inc, Rockers (Jannetty and an old Michaels skin).

Rhyno

First Grade
Legend roster sucks so far I wanna see some new legends especially AE legends I mostly just use legends in universe mode