What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Hall Of Fame Class of 2006 Thread

Iafeta

Referee
Perhaps, although I'm astonished Randy Savage hasn't made it there already.

He is one of the all time greatest professional wrestlers, without any shadow of a doubt and himself and Ricky Steamboat stole the limelight from Andre and Hulk to a degree in the greatest event of them all, Wrestlemania 3.

Perhaps Macho Man did something to p!ss McMahon off in the past?

Hulk_Hogan

Juniors
Brother the Macho man is great and why should he have to wait brother? Let him enjoy it whille hes alive and can revil in his acomplishment brother.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I would like to see Hall in there personally, greatest wrestler never to win the championship.

Wheres the likes of Arn Anderson? Owen Hart?

Iafeta

Referee
Arn Anderson only had a brief spell in the WWF with Tully Blanchard as the Brain Busters, he was far more prominent in WCW/NWA/GCW.

Owen Hart would be a good choice.

Scott Hall, maybe, although I think there's a bit of bad blood the way the nWo storyline happened in the WWE where Hall and Nash really just looked after numero ono.

I'd be highly surprised if Savage doesn't get in, outside of Hart he's the most deserving bloke yet to be added.

PARANoIR

Bench
You'd have to think that Owen Hart isn't far off either, if Bret is being inducted.

Eddie is a certainty imo.

I read something just before about how Dusty didnt wanna get inducted last year, because Hogan would steal the limelight, and doesn't wanna get inducted this year because Eddie and Brett will overshadow him.

The guys id put in this year...

Macho man.
Ricky Steamboat.
Owen Hart.
Jake the Snake.
Dynamite Kid.

I dont know if Curt Hennig will get inducted after the way he was fired from the WWE on such bad terms.

How can Eddie guerrero be inducted into the hall of fame in fron of the Von Erich's, they may not have been in the WWE anywhere as long as Guerrero, but Harley Race, wasnt in that long and was inducted, the purist wrestling fan would also recognise that the Von Erich Family's legacy to the sport, is 10 times that of Guerrero

The pop generated by giving the Hall of Fame to the Von ERich Family would be huge.

Or is the WWE going to cash in on Eddie, because there is many more deserving wrestlers who should be acknowleged first, and the last thing we want to see is another Rey Misterio jnr, point to the sky, or as the legend killer did point to the ground

bender

Juniors
If Savage or Steamboat are inducted, i would love to see the WWE use the opportunity to give them one more very brief match. I reckon Ricky The Dragon Steamboat could pull out one more 5 star match, if matched with Kurt Angle.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
i dont think Owen Hart deserves to be in there. Im not trying to put him down but I wouldnt be adding too many people as I think it may cheapen the image of this Hall of Fame. Nto trying to disrespect alot of these wrestlers but I believe The Hall Of Fame should be for the absolute best wrestlers out there, the ones who dominated an era. I believe there should be a uniqueness to it.

While Owen was great and I liked him , his 7 years in the WWE were great and winning the king of the ring and intercontinental title were great but I dont think he did enough to be alongside some of the all time greats and I think alot of people mentioned are in a similar boat.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Apparently Steamboat does want one last match, but he wanted it to be against someone like Flair.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Was there something on Raw this week about Bret getting inducted? If so, is there a replay? I've got no interest in wrestling, but when I was a kid I was a big fan of his.

Iafeta

Referee
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
How can Eddie guerrero be inducted into the hall of fame in fron of the Von Erich's, they may not have been in the WWE anywhere as long as Guerrero, but Harley Race, wasnt in that long and was inducted, the purist wrestling fan would also recognise that the Von Erich Family's legacy to the sport, is 10 times that of Guerrero

The pop generated by giving the Hall of Fame to the Von ERich Family would be huge.

Or is the WWE going to cash in on Eddie, because there is many more deserving wrestlers who should be acknowleged first, and the last thing we want to see is another Rey Misterio jnr, point to the sky, or as the legend killer did point to the ground

Only one Von Erich competed in the WWF, Kerry.

The rest competed in their fathers promotion WCCW, and in co-promotional shows with the CWA and NWA. They're more remembered for the majorities tragic demise, not so much their wrestling brilliance or achievements.

Kerry wasn't around in WWF long. Certainly Eddie was there for much much longer and had a far more accomplished career in WWE.

Harley was there for a couple of years, at the tail end of his career, longer than Kerry. His Hall of Fame Induction is dubious, certainly though he belongs in the professional wrestling HOF for his achievements in the NWA.

Iafeta

Referee
CWBush said:
Apparently Steamboat does want one last match, but he wanted it to be against someone like Flair.

Flair and Steamboat have a long history from their NWA days. They wrestled many great matches and developed a chemistry perhaps never equalled.

He was always in amazing physical condition, so he is one guy who could perhaps do it.

Iafeta

Referee
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
i dont think Owen Hart deserves to be in there. Im not trying to put him down but I wouldnt be adding too many people as I think it may cheapen the image of this Hall of Fame. Nto trying to disrespect alot of these wrestlers but I believe The Hall Of Fame should be for the absolute best wrestlers out there, the ones who dominated an era. I believe there should be a uniqueness to it.

While Owen was great and I liked him , his 7 years in the WWE were great and winning the king of the ring and intercontinental title were great but I dont think he did enough to be alongside some of the all time greats and I think alot of people mentioned are in a similar boat.

There's a fair few wrestlers in there who were never for instance WWF World Champion.

Jimmy Snuka
Junkyard Dog
Jesse Ventura
Harley Race
Greg Valentine
Roddy Piper
Don Muraco
Chief Jay Strongbow
Ivan Putski
Big John Studd
Bobo Brazil
Tito Santana

Its not just win percentages etc., its recogntion for work ethic, popularity, in ring ability.

Iafeta

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
Was there something on Raw this week about Bret getting inducted? If so, is there a replay? I've got no interest in wrestling, but when I was a kid I was a big fan of his.

Yes there was.

Maybe a replay on Saturday? I'm not sure.

bender

Juniors
As well as his well remembered King Harley Race stint. Handsome Harley Race also wrestled the WWF (or was it wwwf at that time) champion Bob Backlund? to a time limit draw an NWA/WWF unification bout. This really is an event of historic signigicance to the WWF. At the time, it wouldnt have been unlike if Hollywood Hogan fought Stone Cold Steve Austin at the height of the Monday wars.

Iafeta

Referee
Well there you go. More info on the King, Harley Race.

Another bit of info, he was involved in a car accident early in his career and was told he might never walk again.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
I said 7 with a wild guess. 92 - 99
If he wrestled before that Im sorry I dont remember it.
I just believe the hall of fame is a real unique thing. It should be for the real greats of the business. Sure these guys are greats, but there has to be a seperation between the very good and the outstanding. EG - ET was great , but Reg Gasnier was outstanding.

I just think by inducting 5-6 people a year it really takes away. I mean so in 10 years are we gonna have another 50 odd people in there. So this basically means most people who stay in the business for a while are going to get thrown in there? So you could in other words say Edge right now , whose been in the business 9 years is hall of fame material cause of his hard work?

Thats just my opinion. I see the other side of it, I just dont agree with it

Latest posts