What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

shiznit

Coach
Much love to all the Cody crybabies out there… without them we wouldn’t be blessed with this f**king GLORIOUS heel run by the rock.

My two sons have been lapping it up…

it’s not quite the attitude era but it has definite shades of it.

I just wish HHH would get into it with Rock a little on the mic… he was great when he pushed it too…

Mania definitely shaping up nicely. Still 3-4 matches to be added but it’s looking very good. If the matches are worked well and the booking is done right it’s definitely got top 5 mania potential.

shiznit

Coach
Hate to beat a dead horse… but this Final Boss Rock is truly something else…

dude has really gone all out with this heel turn. The new entrance with the lightning strikes and the camera work(good riddance kevin Dunn) are f**king fire!

The beatdown of Cody was brutal and great.. he’s swearing which adds authenticity…

I just hope we can spin this to a Rock v Roman feud eventually…

This Rock stuff is incredible, only nitpick I have is Roman has become somewhat of a third wheel. Although the tag match on night one helps with that.

Also, the Seth/Drew/Punk segment was very good as well. Drew is on a massive roll at the moment and outside of Rock has been the mvp on the road to mania.

MRN

Juniors
Wrestlers singing the lyrics to their entrance theme while walking to the ring looks tacky AF.

Solid ladder match too. A good way to highlight how good the tag team talent is. Cool for Truth to get his moment as well. I wasn’t always a fan, but the guy has been a great company guy and has been very entertaining the last few years.

shiznit

Coach
Jimmy vs Jey was so trash.
Agree 100%.

That should have been waaaaaay better than it was.

they ruined what should have been a massive match… I didn’t like the build either.

they just lumped it all together a month before Mania when this should really have been built into the bloodline story much, much better.

shiznit

Coach
Interesting seeing all the advertisements around the ring during the matches.

not a lot of people are liking it… but it doesn’t bother me at all TBH…

it does remind me of the UFC though… which is probably why it doesn’t bother me… lol

same owners now…

Usos match which underwhelmed aside all the matches have been very good imo.

Usos match should have happened after Jimmy cost Jey the title. The feud had completely cooled off by the time they tried to reignite it.

MRN

Juniors
Usos match which underwhelmed aside all the matches have been very good imo.
I feel quite the opposite. This has been a slog to get through bar the three title matches. Even then I did not like the result of Gunther and Sami. Definitely the wrong winner there. First time I've watched WrestleMania live in years and I feel reminded of why. Not a fan of the 2 night format. Too many filler matches that wouldn't have made the card otherwise.

I feel quite the opposite. This has been a slog to get through bar the three title matches. Even then I did not like the result of Gunther and Sami. Definitely the wrong winner there. First time I've watched WrestleMania live in years and I feel reminded of why. Not a fan of the 2 night format. Too many filler matches that wouldn't have made the card otherwise.
Completely disagree. Wrestlemania 35 (last one nighter) is completely unwatchable. Some good stuff there but it’s too damn long. 7 hours is twice as along as any show should go, and a lot of matches were rushed. Outside of the Uso match everything on tonight was what it needed to be.

There are a couple of matches tomorrow which don’t need to happen (Lashley Kross and friends, Knight vs AJ) but ultimately it should be another good show. 38 & 39 were both fantastic shows as well.

shiznit

Coach
I don’t mind Sami winning… they needed to get the belt off Gunther and it was always best to end a historic reign like this at WM instead of some random raw.

My issue was probably more the corny ass rocky style build for Sami. I would have rather had Chad Gable win it with that type of build.

But Gunther has grown past that belt now… he’s gonna be moving on to feuding with Cody or Seth for the big belts.

he’s destined for bigger things IMO…

MRN

Juniors
I don’t mind Sami winning… they needed to get the belt off Gunther and it was always best to end a historic reign like this at WM instead of some random raw.

My issue was probably more the corny ass rocky style build for Sami. I would have rather had Chad Gable win it with that type of build.

But Gunther has grown past that belt now… he’s gonna be moving on to feuding with Cody or Seth for the big belts.

he’s destined for bigger things IMO…
I agree he needs to love into the WHC scene but I think he should have done it as IC champ.
Also agree it should have been Gable. But I've been a big Gable fan since American Alpha in NXT. It should of been him to get the rub of the Angle illegitimate son story. He should have been doing big things all this time. But Vince and his dead shit sense of humor had to ruin that. Both with 'haha Angle likes dark girls' and the shorty G crap.

MRN

Juniors
Completely disagree. Wrestlemania 35 (last one nighter) is completely unwatchable. Some good stuff there but it’s too damn long. 7 hours is twice as along as any show should go, and a lot of matches were rushed. Outside of the Uso match everything on tonight was what it needed to be.

There are a couple of matches tomorrow which don’t need to happen (Lashley Kross and friends, Knight vs AJ) but ultimately it should be another good show. 38 & 39 were both fantastic shows as well.
I'll definitely agree the 1 nighters, at the end, were ridiculous in length. And I'd argue those last hand full of years with 1 nighters had matches that wouldn't have made the card in previous, more time friendly years as well.

Also, factoring in the Andre battle royal on Smackdown, the Aussies are 3-0 for Mania. I’ll always know Waller as Matty from Australian Survivor.

Eelectrica

Referee
Really enjoyed day 1 of Wrestlemania for the the most part. Thought it started at 11am our time, but apparently not. Tuned in a couple of hours late, but avoided spoilers. Was good to be able to skip over small wayne or whoever it was though. So that was one advantage of starting late. Rhea Ripley entrance was awesome though.

If I was to have one complaint it's too many faces winning.
Main event was insane. Have they for shadowed how Reigns loses when Reigns speared the Rock? Thinking Rock costs Reigns the title somehow. Loving heel rock though, it's elevated the whole thing. Realistically it was never gonna happen, but damn I was hoping for a Dean Ambrose guest appearance in that match. I notice the DA character never gets mentioned when the refer to the Shield which is kind of silly I think. It's like they're trying the re-write their own history.