What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Survivor Series 2012 ***SPOILERS***

Big Pete

Referee
WWE.png

WHC-1.png

SS.png

US.png

DIVA.png

Pre-Show Match
3M-B(Heath Slater & Jinder Mahal) vs. International Airstrike (Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Pete

Referee
noyd - Feel free to edit my post whenever you want to. Love your work and was holding out as long as I could.

Poor ol' Survivor Series. At one point in time, one of the biggest PPVs in wrestling has dwindled into being another gimmicky B show without much thought or long term booking devoted to it.

Let's take a look at the card shall we.

Triple Threat WWE Championship Match - Not a fan of triple threat matches as they've primarily been used for a cheap championship change or to extend a program. I believe the latter is more likely here with Punk retaining for his championship match with The Rock at the Rumble. Biggest question is, how will they protect Ryback and to a lesser extent Cena?

World Championship - How are these two going to be able to top last month's effort? Would have thought a Last Man Standing match would have been more fitting than just another standard rematch. Hard to predict a winner, Show might DQ himself to set up a rematch at the TLC. Either way, Show is going to hand the belt back to Sheamus sooner or later.

Survivor Series Match - Don't care. Glad to see this match on the card but there aren't any stakes here & there's no real storyline here.

US Championship Match - Cesaro will make short work of R-Truth. Like that they're pushing Truth, he's one of the best mic. workers in wrestling. It's a damn shame they've turned the Little Jimmy thing into a silly invisible friend gimmick when they could have expanded on how crazy he was.

Divas - Don't care.

Pre-Show - Don't care.

Bulldog Force

Referee
For the 2 big matches...

I think Show will retain and I don't think Ziggler will cash in his briefcase, unless Zigglers match is one of the first and Show/Sheamus is one of the last (ample resting time).

I think Punk will retain with either Cena or Ryback executing their finisher on each other, with Punk coming in and taking advantage.

nöyd

Staff member
noyd - Feel free to edit my post whenever you want to. Love your work and was holding out as long as I could.

will do mate, gotta admit the current product has finally bored me out of interest lol i'm getting more satisfaction playing wwe 13 - miz with a SKF on santino through the announce table anyone? lol

afinalsin666

First Grade
Blame the Rock. Two years in a row we've had to put up with garbage based around the date he's coming back. Can't wait until the part timers are too old to come back. Sure, the Rumble and the Road are probably going to be awesome, but it's not worth the tail end of the year sucking as much as it has.

OT, i expect there to be a few surprises here. The thing against Orton turning heel was there was no face to balance him, well, now there's the Miz. Ziggler finally has the spotlight on him, so now would be a perfect time to cash in. The tag team division seems to be ramping up to a traditional tag TLC, so i'm expecting something there as well.

WWE can't throw us an unsurprising, predictable B show. This is one of the big 4 for gods sakes. Even though it seems like it has been the big 1 the last few years.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Bloody ordinary looking PPV.

Word is that Triple H has been behind the 'old school' booking such as the rejuvenated tag division and the plans for a Survivor Series match to (gasp) headline Survivor Series.

Vince steps in and boom - ordinary triple threat match, dumbed down Survivor Series, and the usual boring rematches.

Big Pete

Referee
The original idea was worse and really didn't make the show look attractive at all.

Then again, I'm of the opinion the whole Survivor Series concept is archaic and in urgent need of sprucing up.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I don't agree at all. Hard to tell one pay-per-view from the last under the current 'everybody feuds for three months' trend.

I, for one, can't wait to see Big Show v Sheamus III and CM Punk v Ryback II.V

Big Pete

Referee
Would take that over a standard 5 on 5 match with nothing at stake.

Show turned out as expected with the exception of the main event which threw a nice little swerve and saw the debuts of Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I guess that's where we differ. I'd rather see fresh matches than the same (admittedly, sometimes good) bouts over and over and over again.

Tack on the fact they give away these matches on Raw/SD quite regularly, and it's just losing its lustre.

Big Pete

Referee
I'd like to see fresh matches too but Team Foley/Team Punk was basically another Ryback/Punk showdown except nothing was at stake.

The route they're going down appears to be better in the long run.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Excited to see where they go with Rollins, Ambrose, and Reigns. Two indy darlings and a guy from a long line of pro wrestling royalty. It felt a little like Nexus, but I'm still keen to see if this Heyman's Guys stable has legs or if they'll be fed to Ryback in an attempt to keep him over in spite of his greeness.

But short term excitement will do.

DB

First Grade
I hope they play it off like Heyman and Punk have nothing to do with it, but ends up being either Punk or Heyman's idea.... I reckon there is so much potential, but knowwing recent WWE booking they'll f**k this up. Probably being Brodus Clay's idea.

Valheru

Coach
I am struggling to think of a worse survivor series than the one that was dished up yesterday. It certainly didn’t feel like a “big 4” PPV and it was average even by B show standards.

Survivor series should be a show where big angles culminate or where the seeds are sowed for the Royal Rumble and/or Wrestlemania and neither of those things happened. Punk treading water until Royal Rumble has become ridiculous. I am not suggesting he should have lost at some stage before Royal Rumble but they could have had a meaningful program with him and someone culminating at survivor series or TLC instead of trying to protect ryback whilst not having punk lose.

The NXT guys attacking ryback was ok and I guess one of the better options available to them in the situation. I am not a fan of ryback but they have destroyed any momentum he had. His whole gimmick is based on being an unstoppable monster face and in the space of 2 months, a ref and 3 “rookies” have stopped him.

I felt sorry for Sheamus and Big Show. There match last month was really good and they were obviously trying to make this one different but it just failed IMO. It came off slow and uncoordinated and they would have been better served having a gimmick as Pete suggested. They have obviously set up a chair match for TLC which I don’t like as a chair match in WWE is basically a normal match with a couple of shots with the chair to the back. I think a ladder match between those two would have been interesting.

Ziggler being the sole survivor was good and the match itself came off pretty well. I don’t think the Miz had a big enough part given the storyline coming in.