What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wynnum Team

Seagullsrock

Juniors
I think it is a good move to put John Shillington in first grade. Allouche is hopeless. He always drops the ball when playing it and always wants to knock someone's lights out. Has Maher recovered ?If he has, is he playing in A grade?

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Maher isn't listed at all.

How long can Wynnum persevere with Eddie Hei Hei in the top grade ? He seems to have little idea positionally, isn't at all fast, drops his head when he makes a mistake and rarely has any impact. I thought Scott Marks was terrific last season and I can't believe Hei Hei is selected in from of him.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
I agree with you Mr Cap, but I think he deserves more ball. He is similar to Greg Bourke i.e strong and powerful, but I believe he doesn't receive enough ball to have a great impact. Interesting to see a change in the halves combination on Saturday. I wonder if Kelly Egan will keep with this combination.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Probably went better that way. It's unbelievable how Lambert has struggled so much this season after last year. He might be gradually getting there.

Shillington had a good game. He's no world-beater but he goes forward and tackles well. A lot better than having the Allouche mistake rate out there.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
I thought Wynnum were pretty abysmal on Saturday.

Dont know if Ipswich dragged them down but premiership football that was not....

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Had Wynnum played a "better" team last Saturday, they would have got belted. Ipswich didn't make the Gulls pay for their errors - their attack didn't stretch the defence often enough and when it did they managed to butcher the opportunities somehow.

Wynnum looked much better in the trial against Ipswich in February - in fact, they haven't played that well since.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Two awful tv games for Fox thus far!!!!

Best bit for our comp was the Wynnum player who said it was much tougher than First Division after the game. He should know as he had no front teeth too :shock: .

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Isn't it the same as last year with every away team winning the ABC match so far this season ?

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
You don't win premierships in April and you still got the choclates.
I still think Wynnum will be up there giving it a good shake come semi final time

XXXX Cap

Juniors
To be sitting third with 7 points from a possible ten is remarkable given the way they have been playing and the relatively tough early draw they've had.

However, they need to improve quickly - that sort of luck can't hold.

mud n blood

Juniors
I don't think its luck. It's showing they can get over the line with the points albeit playing poorly. That's called a 'winning culture', especially in tight games.

I think you should be thinking "sh!t - what will they do if they play well ...."

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I'm wondering if they're ever going to play well.

There has been some luck involved. Burleigh could easily have beaten them in the first round and Ipswich bombed about four tries on Saturday.

If they continue with their current form, Wynnum could easily play the same five games in the second half of the season and come up with zero points.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Quinn is going alright. I still think he is a centre not a lock. I saw the first bomb by a Wynnum player to a winger on Saturday. I haven't seen them do that for 3 years. The first one they missed it by a metre and the second one Simon Phillips dropped it because it was half a metre above his head.