What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

X Factor

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Players that I beleive will have the X Factor this season, barring injuries and Suspensions are 4 players. outside of the ones we know will be there if fit. Yes that word. IF.

Creagh.. Potentially the next Craig Fitzgibbon, with more Speed, and agility.

Wheatley, Potentially the next Nathan Hondmarsh, without the Speed, but with the strength and workload.

Youngquest, potentially a Crowd Favourite. This kid has no fear, and blistering speed. Did some great covering in 04 in limited games, and did not get to partner Gasnier much, if any. Give GAZ a winger who stays out there and gives his centre support. This is something i have been waiting for for Gasnier. Youngquest and Gasnier, will be the fastest pairing of any club out wide.

Wes N. It's time, he has had ample opportunity, he has the skills, and last year matured as a footballer, and is dangerous every time he touches the ball.

If these 4 guys can get game time and impress. They will be superstars.

Outside of our NAME players. These are the players along with Sims, Poore and Young. Hold the key to a great 2005.

Lets see how they progress in 05.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I rated Creagh quite high but thought he had an ordinary season in 2004. He's got time on his side though and I expect to see him go on to rep standard.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
I also rate Creagh and believe he will be playing rep footy in the next season or 2 as long as he stays fit. Wes I haven't seen play cos we don't get to see PL games over here but I've heard enough about him to be excited about seeing him in action in FG this year. Youngquest does have blistering speed and seeing him outside Gasnier would be great as long as Gasnier actually plays more than 2 or 3 games (touch wood). I would also put Henderson ahead of wheatley (though Wheatley topped 45 tackles in one PL game from what I read last year) - Hendo is going to keep developing into one of the best props in the game. Either way, I'm looking forward to all our young guys developing into something special this year with the amount of game time they've had due to FG injuries the last 2 seasons. I can't wait until March 11th!

God-King Dean

Immortal
Agree with you about Youngquest, I love the way this guy plays. He sprints whenever he gets the ball & seems from what I've seen safe under the high ball & is enthusiastic like Simmonds. I just hope that doesn't wear off if he gets to be a regular first-grade winger

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Dragon_psa said:
I also rate Creagh and believe he will be playing rep footy in the next season or 2 as long as he stays fit. Wes I haven't seen play cos we don't get to see PL games over here but I've heard enough about him to be excited about seeing him in action in FG this year. Youngquest does have blistering speed and seeing him outside Gasnier would be great as long as Gasnier actually plays more than 2 or 3 games (touch wood). I would also put Henderson ahead of wheatley (though Wheatley topped 45 tackles in one PL game from what I read last year) - Hendo is going to keep developing into one of the best props in the game. Either way, I'm looking forward to all our young guys developing into something special this year with the amount of game time they've had due to FG injuries the last 2 seasons. I can't wait until March 11th!

it was 67 tackles actually in 67 minutes. twice in 2 weeks.

Jamesy

Juniors
That is a big effort. I'd like to see Hindmarsh do dat, and to think,Wheatley was playin for Dapto in the Illawarra Carlton League at da start of 2004.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Wezman007 said:
That is a big effort. I'd like to see Hindmarsh do dat, and to think,Wheatley was playin for Dapto in the Illawarra Carlton League at da start of 2004.

he was our most dynamic forward in the Reggies by a long long way. outplayed Henderson, Norrie, Perenara and anyone else. He was the Left side go to man, and go forward player.

He did all the work effectively.

When he played FG, he played awesome. Even though you could tell he was a little shy.

Well he wont be shy in 05

Jamesy

Juniors
Yep, will go from a good player to an outstanding player in the next couple of years. The outlook for us in da up coming years with respect to juniors is very promising. Will be good for the club.

aussie_londoner

Juniors
Wezman007 wrote:

he was our most dynamic forward in the Reggies by a long long way. outplayed Henderson, Norrie, Perenara and anyone else. He was the Left side go to man, and go forward player.

He did all the work effectively.

When he played FG, he played awesome. Even though you could tell he was a little shy.

Well he wont be shy in 05

what happened with him and the pl gf?

and i hardly think it was by a long way. hes good, but to say hes a long way better than hendo and norrie.... :roll:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's been said before but imo, that was a shocking reserves effort. They need to lift their game pronto.

aussie_londoner

Juniors
Quote:
It's been said before but imo, that was a shocking reserves effort. They need to lift their game pronto.

sorry willow, but i dont know what your getting at? what did happen to him? did he play or not.

hang on, ill rephrase that. did he get on the feild. cause the only two who turned up to play that day were norrie and naquama

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry mate. I making a wholesale comment on the reserve graders in their 2004 grand final. I thought they played a shocker.

aussie_londoner

Juniors
most of the team really didnt deserve to be on the field.

i have before mentioned norrie, who clearly shone as the best forward out there for us. Naquama who played his heart out, and as that was the first time i have seen him play i was suitably impressed.

but i forget to mention greenshields, even though he copped that vicious shot at the end of the game, i reckon he played bloody well too.

but everyone else, i would have had them running laps of the stadium the next day begging for forgiveness.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I agree. Can but imagine the score if Naiqama wasn't there. He saved their arses repeatedly.

aussie_londoner

Juniors
i cant believe he hasnt had a run in first grade yet.

those three above mentioned players are who i would be carefully preparing for big futures. lets hope thee dragons dont lose them to other clubs. we seem to have a habit of letting go good players and seeing them go on to better things

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We'll see lol.

If Wes doesnt get a run this year, the barricades will be stretched.

Biglance

Bench
i dont like Norrie, not a busting player, sure a tough competitor but not a future talent like the others already named

Latest posts