What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.
That David Moyes banner was a crack up

Lets hope he stays the full 5 years, it will be great to see United be a mid table club. Seriously the guy never had any tactics at Everton and he still has none.

I said in this thread when they were looking for a replacement for the King the Brendan Rodgers was the man, I still haven't changed my opinion :)

Liverpool are playing great and they have the best young manager in the game. The next few years will be great to be a red.

saint.nick

Coach
Lets hope he stays the full 5 years, it will be great to see United be a mid table club. Seriously the guy never had any tactics at Everton and he still has none.

I said in this thread when they were looking for a replacement for the King the Brendan Rodgers was the man, I still haven't changed my opinion :)

Liverpool are playing great and they have the best young manager in the game. The next few years will be great to be a red.

I was quite excited when they signed him up too. I was impressed by his work with Swansea, and I was so excited to see our new style of play. When things got off to a rocky start, little doubts crept in, but on the whole, I've believed in him. I love how this year, he hasn't made Liverpool just an all-out barca copycat team, but he's instead adapted to the players we have, for example developing a wonderful counter attacking system. His man-management also has to be applauded. It was his man management which quite possibly saved our season through keeping Suarez. He's also just a really decent bloke; he's definitely had a nice relationship with the media, and that helps the club be projected in more positive light, unlike a few years ago when Liverpool just said the wrong things re: suarez racism, and KD's often snarky tone to the press.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
BR seems to be well respected by other managers as well. I highly doubt there will ever be a Rafa/whiskey nose style rivalry with any manager.

I was quite excited when they signed him up too. I was impressed by his work with Swansea, and I was so excited to see our new style of play. When things got off to a rocky start, little doubts crept in, but on the whole, I've believed in him. I love how this year, he hasn't made Liverpool just an all-out barca copycat team, but he's instead adapted to the players we have, for example developing a wonderful counter attacking system. His man-management also has to be applauded. It was his man management which quite possibly saved our season through keeping Suarez. He's also just a really decent bloke; he's definitely had a nice relationship with the media, and that helps the club be projected in more positive light, unlike a few years ago when Liverpool just said the wrong things re: suarez racism, and KD's often snarky tone to the press.

There was a good opinion piece on ESPN FC which contrasted how BR and Moyes have managed since they have been at Liverpoll and Man Utd respectively and it show s acomplete contrast in their mindsets as managaers and developing players -

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/12985?cc=3436

Last edited:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I'd totally boof Rodgers,...he has completely turned this club around and I have the utmost faith that we are only going to get stronger in the next few years under him.

He has got rid of all the deadwood he inherited and has bought very astutely. I was excited when we signed him and although it was a slow start we were still playing a good brand of football just without that 'killer' edge. The more the players have bought into his philosophies the better we have become and are now playing exceptional high class football.

He's also got players believing in themselves, someone like Henderson has grown an extra leg this season. Rough diamonds like Coutinho and Sterling know there role in the team and are f*cking killing it.

I still think we are only a slim chance of winning the league this season, I think we'd have to win every game from here on in and although not impossible its very unlikely. Regardless we have still had a stellar season, and I will be enjoying the ride these last couple of months.

YNWA!!!!

Foz

Bench
I think Rodgers is going great guns at present but also thought he has made some tactical errors this season which cost us some points.Hes graduated from his L plates to his P plates in my book.
Might be a hard task master but we haven't won a thing yet.
Whilst he's signed a couple of gems he's signed more than his share of donkeys too.
Had the opportunity to strengthen the defence in January.
Hope the fact he didn't doesn't cost us the title.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Who could we realistically have brought in that was available to strengthen the defence in January tho?

Foz

Bench
There were plenty of defenders looking for a move in January.(just google it and I'm sure there'll be a list of names)

Remember we were playing Kolo Toure and even now the 4 defenders we seem to have as flavour of the month Aren't exactly rocks.
Skrtel and Agger are both subject to brain snaps and Johnson is far from a great defender.

If we have the cash I'd have a crack at Mats Hummels but you don't know if he's available unless you ask and then you have to fight off the regular cashed up clubs.

The fact we all know Manure will be looking for a replacement at the end of the year for Vidic means they,ll be hunting around for someone.Barca no doubt will be looking to replace their centre back too.
I would have tried for someone in January.

We do need wing fullbacks too.Flanagans done a great job and I'd persevere with him but as much as I'd like to say Kelly's a right or left back he's not and we don't play him in the centre which is his preferred position anyway.

Last edited:

HevyDevy

Coach
What's most impressive is that we now have a side capable of scoring goals at will. The number of years I stayed up to watch Liverpool v Sunderland or whoever it was at the time only to see a 0-0 draw despite us having 35 shots on goal to 2 was incredibly frustrating.

Good to see Sterling coming on this year. Obv was disappointing not to sign a defender during the Jan transfer window. Between Toure and Skrtel my heart will explode before the end of the season.

Anyway, lots of title talk around at the moment. Way too premature imo. As far as I'm concerned it's still City's to lose with their games in hand. But nice to be up there and we basically have a CL spot wrapped up, which means Suarez might actually stay.

Good times!

Oh yes, and David Moyes is a footballing genius.

saint.nick

Coach
Talk of any team winning it is premature at the moment. I watch ESPN FC every night, and most of them just about change their minds over who is going to win the title every week. One week it's, 'oh right now, chelsea will win', the next week it's, 'last week i said chelsea, this week changed my mind over to city until chelsea win again and city drop points'. Stevie Nicol was skeptical of Liverpool title talk until after the Utd win, where he finally admitted we can win the league. So at the moment, every prediction is based on form, and/or (re: prediciting Chelsea and City), sticking to the norm so you don't look like a left field fool in the apparent probability that either of them win. It probably won't come a lot clear until the last few games.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Got a few city supporting mates and they are exactly the same as me. We're all deflecting attention off our sides or fighting to claim the underdog tag in the title race. Personally I think it'll all be decided after Chelsea's visit to Anfield. I've said city all along and I think they'll do it.

Stevie Nicol was absolute glowing on ESPN after the united pumping wasn't he haha.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
There were plenty of defenders looking for a move in January.(just google it and I'm sure there'll be a list of names)

Remember we were playing Kolo Toure and even now the 4 defenders we seem to have as flavour of the month Aren't exactly rocks.
Skrtel and Agger are both subject to brain snaps and Johnson is far from a great defender.

If we have the cash I'd have a crack at Mats Hummels but you don't know if he's available unless you ask and then you have to fight off the regular cashed up clubs.

The fact we all know Manure will be looking for a replacement at the end of the year for Vidic means they,ll be hunting around for someone.Barca no doubt will be looking to replace their centre back too.
I would have tried for someone in January.

We do need wing fullbacks too.Flanagans done a great job and I'd persevere with him but as much as I'd like to say Kelly's a right or left back he's not and we don't play him in the centre which is his preferred position anyway.

Realistically I don't think there were any targets in our price range worth investing in. Mangala and Garay were reported £25 million plus. Hummels is better than both so imagine what he'd be worth. Would love him at the club like you tho.

Wing backs are definitly an issue for us. Flanno is so raw but works his ass off for the side. He'll definitly get better but I'd love Moreno of Sevilla instead. Again he'll cost plenty as Madrid have been sniffing around.

Going to be interesting to see what BR targets having Champions League as a selling point to potential targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts