What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yellow Card Suspension Rule

hellteam

First Grade
So is the rule that if you get 2 yellow cards you have to miss the next game? That is way too harsh, especially with the referees giving out so many yellow cards for stupid things.

abpanther

Staff member
Yes it is, the thing I'm not sure about though, if you grab a yellow in your last group game does it get wiped out for the second round?

fish eel

Immortal
Yes it is, the thing I'm not sure about though, if you grab a yellow in your last group game does it get wiped out for the second round?

Not sure if the cards get wiped, I remember Brett Emerton got two yellow cards, hence a red and sent off against Croatia and was suspended for the Italy game 4 years ago

jc155776

Coach
2 cards in the group stages equals automatic suspension.

The system is under review for future tournaments.

Tommy Smith

Referee
2 cards in the group stages equals automatic suspension.

The system is under review for future tournaments.
As it should be. It's a disgraceful system. But the current FIFA admin is not progressive in any way, shape or form.

If you get your second yellow card in the last group match then you will be suspended for the Rnd of 16 match; however if you only have one yellow heading into the Rnd 16 then that card is wiped i believe.

But to think that Michael Ballack missed the 2002 WC Final because of two measly yellow cards is pathetic. And to think it could happen again, to a Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo etc because FIFA have let this system continue is crazy.

hellteam

First Grade
So is Kaka right to play against Chile?

I thought it was only a one game suspension, just asking because on my World Cup fantasy it says he's still suspended.