What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another disappointing game.

I felt for Corrigan yesterday. A few times there he was on his own with 10 metres space on either side, marking three or four attacking players.

Sutton let Mannering outside him every time he pressed the line. Hard to hold any width as a centre when you have no faith in your inside defender.

Last edited:

haha

Juniors
New year same shit, to be disapointed you need to have high expectations.
I'm not disapointed, infact I think next years membership slogan should be
"cough up, expect mediocrity" or "dig deep cause the players won't"

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
New year same shit, to be disapointed you need to have high expectations.
I'm not disapointed, infact I think next years membership slogan should be
"cough up, expect mediocrity" or "dig deep cause the players won't"

i recommend going in to every game expecting that your team will end up in a draw... that way a loss is a little easier to take, and you're never expecting to win, so you'll be surprised half the time..

t10do

Juniors
Farrell who on occasion was 30m infield for some reason .

Its not the first game this happens. Watching carefully, its something he has done from the start of the season. We have been exposed before down this side, but got REALLY exposed this time. Its easy for other teams to pick up.........

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
We won the last two, we were for whatever reason off the pace and definately missing our front rowers.....

Have to be patient, Madge will persist with what he has (as he has nothing else with the injuries).

As for George Burgess (has anyone actually seen him play?) he is slow, has no lateral movement and plays 10 minutes stints..he is nothing else than being over here as someone to keep Sam occupied.

The best player in the clan is Luke.
Agree with you on George he is slower than the second coming of christ.

pierced

Juniors
Talking about farrel and corrigan need to be dropped. Can two young kids be responsible for another repeat thats been happening every year from umteen times. Man some of these posts make me question if i am as silly as others have accused. We have senior players and a world defying debut coach. I get jacked for ragging on sutton as 5/8 but two young guys have bad days and drop em is the call. So much for giving our new guys a break. Reynolds will have a bad game will the call be to drop him. Or his he the new saviour.

hunters

Juniors
Talking about farrel and corrigan need to be dropped. Can two young kids be responsible for another repeat thats been happening every year from umteen times. Man some of these posts make me question if i am as silly as others have accused. We have senior players and a world defying debut coach. I get jacked for ragging on sutton as 5/8 but two young guys have bad days and drop em is the call. So much for giving our new guys a break. Reynolds will have a bad game will the call be to drop him. Or his he the new saviour.
You're doing a fine job of confirming it.

The comparison to Reynolds is nonsense. No one is asking for someone to be dumped after one poor performance. In fact most have been questioning Corrigans selection all year and it is as much for what he doesn't offer rather than having a 'bad' game.

What exactly is your suggestion to end the "repeat thats been happening every year from umteen times". Whatever that means.

pierced

Juniors
My fix is pretty obvious mate. Inglis at 5/8. If rumours are true that Merrit is back running and looking fine he should return soon. So we don't need a 600g's fullback in a team with no halves. Under 5's understand the importance of halves but south's don't seem to. Personally I'd sack half the team but not realistic. U haven't actually put anything forward that really changes the losing structure of the team bar sack the young guys. How about u come up with something that doesn't rehash the same team with the same losing attitude! U know the guys on this site, Bunnies woohoo! We win o here we come, we lose trust jesus Madge and ummm o well who ever. We need a big structural change! That's my suggestion. Tell me it's stupid and plan ur holidays for sept that don't include rugby league.

hunters

Juniors
My fix is pretty obvious mate. Inglis at 5/8. If rumours are true that Merrit is back running and looking fine he should return soon. So we don't need a 600g's fullback in a team with no halves. Under 5's understand the importance of halves but south's don't seem to. Personally I'd sack half the team but not realistic. U haven't actually put anything forward that really changes the losing structure of the team bar sack the young guys. How about u come up with something that doesn't rehash the same team with the same losing attitude! U know the guys on this site, Bunnies woohoo! We win o here we come, we lose trust jesus Madge and ummm o well who ever. We need a big structural change! That's my suggestion. Tell me it's stupid and plan ur holidays for sept that don't include rugby league.
:sarcasm:

Your answer for weeks has been to introduce a guy that was out injured. And exactly how is introducing Merritt not rehashing the same team that you say has been a problem for years.

Part of the problem is the over reaction to losses. You've just about necked yourself after every one.

hunters

Juniors
and if you don't mind, how exactly does inglis at 5/8 address our problematic structure?

pierced

Juniors
Matey, jesus. Merrit's record and my wraps show he in my opinion isn't part of the problem. Wooden spooners / highest try scorer. I think aha he's not part of the problem. How can Inglis help ummmm let's see how about a 5/8 who can play5/8. I don't know spitballing but might have something to influence team
Structure. I know when arsenal play liverpool a 5/8 doesn't really influence the game. And Leyton Hewitt never mentioned one, so I gues a rugby league team don't need one hey! U and ur fellow bunniesmen still can't seem to come up with a better idea! No disrespect matey, we go for the same team hey?

hunters

Juniors
Look Im no fan of Sutton at 5/8 but most people can recognise that scoring points is not our problem and never has been in recent memory. Changing 5/8 will do SFA.

pierced

Juniors
Luke at 9 , inglis at 6 and merrit at 1 will help organise our defense. We have 19 captains and a team that runs like a brothel. Halves have an influence in defence seriously. It's a two way street when the major playmakers aline seriously mate. What else , keep swapping centres and front rowers till the cows come home and wonder whats wrong. Cheers I have the passion !

RE Isaac Luke, everytime he played his hand at play making it either resulted in a dropped ball or someone being smashed out of their boots, deadset the bloke has no idea!

Galeforce

Bench
Luke at 9 , inglis at 6 and merrit at 1 will help organise our defense. We have 19 captains and a team that runs like a brothel. Halves have an influence in defence seriously. It's a two way street when the major playmakers aline seriously mate. What else , keep swapping centres and front rowers till the cows come home and wonder whats wrong. Cheers I have the passion !

You are a broken record.
Please remember Merritt has yet to play this year in our top side and there are rumours he may not play this year. I dunno when he will be back, however , i expect when he does play it will be WING and he would not be a serious consideration for fullback until he is game hard or we have more injuries in the backline. Same story for Roberts who will need time at Norths to get game fit. As for frontrowers , are you aware that Luke Burgess and Roy and Sam B are all injured , they would be our first pick frontrowers with Geddes.

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
I think its bad when our hooker is the dumbest player in the team. I'm hoping Madge can increase Luke's football smarts.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Issac is one of our main weapons. He gives us go forward with his runs from dummy half. He didn't seem to do alot of them in the first half last week. From memory the team had 6 at half time and I'm sure some would have been wingers darting from dummy half after a clearing kick by the warriors. The thing I feel issac needs to improve is his handling. Too many errors. He has been alot better in the last two weeks though. The benchmark player in his position made 4 handling errors all year last year. Issac can make three a game.

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
Clearly sutton in an ideal world would not be our 5/8, but he is, and as long he can be solid for us and stop using his hands to tackle and realise he can use his shoulders when he tackles the better off he would be. The reality is against the warriors we got dished up through the middle third of the field. This exposed , sutton, corrigan and farrell, who either don't talk to each other in defence or have no idea or faith in each other. I actually think Merritt would have had a real positive impact on our results thus far as we have created a lot of half chances and he has a great abillity to turn those in to points.

Our defence was on the back foot constantly against the warriors. If we had size up the middle we could have negated that go forward which makes it far easier to defend even for corrigans, farrells etc

Latest posts