What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You reckon any English clubs would be interested ?

OVP

Coach
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=633532&sec=worldcup2010&cc=3436

SWEDE'S REIGN OVER

Sven upbeat after being sacked by Mexico

By Soccernet staff

Sven Goran Eriksson has backed Mexico to qualify for next year's World Cup despite being sacked as their manager.
sven-275.jpg
GettyImages
The Swede will hope his Mexican sacking will not hinder his chances of getting a new job in the Premier League

Mexican Federation president Justino Compean earlier announced that the Swede had been relieved of his services after a disappointing World Cup qualifiers campaign.
Eriksson, who is now expected to try and engineer a return to an English Premier League club, was not bitter about his dismissal and instead wished the team luck in their remaining qualifying games.
''I want to thank the entire Mexican FA and I also want to wish luck to the team. I'm sure they will qualify for the World Cup,'' he said. ''I'm frustrated by the results. I believed that I was the perfect man to guide Mexico to the World Cup.''
Eriksson was appointed Mexico coach in June 2008 and was in charge for 13 games - nine World Cup qualifiers and four friendlies - and recorded six wins, one draw and six defeats.
The former England and Manchester City boss is now expected to look for a job back in England.
Eriksson's personal manager Athole Still said: ''I would think there will be plenty of offers for him. He would love to work in England again, I know that for a fact.
''I would say yes, his first choice would be a good Premier League club in England where he has a challenge. That would be his choice, I'm quite sure.''

----------------------------------------------------

Surely the man is delusional. After his performance with Man C and now being quickly sacked soon after in the International game. Surely ....

I reckon he'll end up in the SPL and win about 10 titles. His 10th he'll have to be wheeled out to the matches, oxygen tank beside him, possibly even in a bubble. But thats the SPL for ya :D

fish eel

Immortal
Surely the man is delusional. After his performance with Man C and now being quickly sacked soon after in the International game. Surely ....

I reckon he'll end up in the SPL and win about 10 titles. His 10th he'll have to be wheeled out to the matches, oxygen tank beside him, possibly even in a bubble. But thats the SPL for ya :D

:?

He did well with Man City.

Bought a stack of players nobody in england rated and did well enough to get them into europe.

Great club manager IMO.

Sven should never have been sacked by Citeh, took them to their best position in f**king centuries.

But atleast the next episode of SPECIAL1TV will be full of it, given that IT has put massive sh*t on the SPECIAL 1 over his elimination from Europe.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Sven should never have been sacked by Citeh, took them to their best position in f**king centuries.

Well no, we also came 9th in 2002-03.

But Sven was a soft touch. The team was unfit, undisciplined, and unmotivated, which is why the performances dropped off dramatically after Christmas.

And as for the players he bought... Bianchi lasted six months before getting the strops and going back to Italy... Fernandes is an accident... Caicedo was a £5 million bag of wank... Benjani slept in and never come from Portsmouth anyway... He scouted Jo and was going to move for him in January, so Thaksin bought him for Hughes, what a disaster that was...

The only players with class he bought was the perennially injured Petrov and Bojinov and the inconsistent Elano.

Compare that to the players Hughes picked up, even before the Arab money. Wright-Phillips, Zabaleta, Kompany have all been amazing this season. Tal Ben Haim? Okay, not so much.

But Sven is a bigger myth than Tim Sheens.He's made a fortune getting sacked from sh*t football teams.