What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Younes Khattabii

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
Ive only seen him play once and that was in the CC Final last season and scored a long range try for the dragons and one of the commentators mentioned him as the new hazem el masri when he was young...

And i also seen him get named as part of 18 man french squad to play 'ingurland' in the coming weeks.

so for the french league watchers... is he any good? how many tries has a he scored this season and do you think he would be good enough to play in the NRL in the future?

please discuss

screeny

Bench
He's nothing like El Masri. Khattabi is a big, tall fella for a start, a power runner with less of a step. Don't know if he kicks goals but he certainly doesn't for Les Cats.

Along with Pelo, I rate him as France's best 3/4.

Evil Homer

Staff member
To be honest, he's not really kicked on since he seemed to have broken into the Dragons first team at the end of last season. Been a bit part player so far this year covering for injuries or in the reserves and to be honest I was surprised he was picked for France. http://www.slstats.org/p1216/Younes%20Khattabi.html

He does have potential however and is still young, hopefully he can develop in the next few years.

t-ba

Post Whore
Moroccan Emigres have been playing in France for a while now. He's not the first to make the national side and probably won't be the last.

Some Moroccans also take pretty serious offence to being called Arabs...

Calixte

First Grade
Speaking of Moroccans, does Hussein M'Barki still have much to do with rugby league there?

screeny

Bench
At one stage he was one of the main proponents of RL in Morocco as I understand it...
Yes I know, I was being facetious. As the main proponent of RL in Morocco for a quarter of a century he achieved sweet fa, thus my glib remark.

Calixte

First Grade
Yes I know, I was being facetious. As the main proponent of RL in Morocco for a quarter of a century he achieved sweet fa, thus my glib remark.

You never know around here screeny... :lol:

What was the main downfall there? Do you know much about the situation?

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
No, i knew he didn't. My point was that he was the 'next hazem' due to his ethnic origins rather than football ability, quite a neanderthal way to describe a player IMO.

well i didnt say he is like hazem in terms ethinicity origin... i think the commentators on BBC in the CC final last year took it a bit too far by claiming khattabi as the next hazem.

langpark

First Grade
No, i knew he didn't. My point was that he was the 'next hazem' due to his ethnic origins rather than football ability, quite a neanderthal way to describe a player IMO.
There's always one pedantic politically correct wannabe on every forum. I suppose you also have a problem with Farah being called the next Benny Elias or Folau being the new Meninga.

marv

Juniors
And i also seen him get named as part of 18 man french squad to play 'ingurland' in the coming weeks.
I think there was an element of default there

so for the french league watchers... is he any good?
No he's sh*te

how many tries has a he scored this season

and do you think he would be good enough to play in the NRL in the future?

No,No,No,No and if you ever saw him attempt to catch a high ball or his turnstyle like defence you would agree.
He is also very short which is not the norm for NRL wingers

screeny

Bench
I think there was an element of default there

No he's sh*te

No,No,No,No and if you ever saw him attempt to catch a high ball or his turnstyle like defence you would agree.
He is also very short which is not the norm for NRL wingers

Sorry, but are you talking about Khattabi or have I got my wires crossed? Khattabi is neither short or sh*te. He's tall and very capable. A good defender and solid under high ball.

marv

Juniors
Sorry, but are you talking about Khattabi or have I got my wires crossed?

Yes Younes Khattabi

Khattabi is neither short
Hes 5'10 which is not a giant in terms of wingers

or sh*te. A good defender and solid under high ball.

Well this is more of an opinion, I am of the opinon he is not a good defender whatsoever, watch his positional play next time you watch Catalans.

And as for safe under the high ball, you my freind are the one with crossed wires, I share the opinion with many Catalan fans that Khattabi gives us a flutter under the high ball.

screeny

Bench
Yes Younes Khattabi

Hes 5'10 which is not a giant in terms of wingers

Well this is more of an opinion, I am of the opinon he is not a good defender whatsoever, watch his positional play next time you watch Catalans.

And as for safe under the high ball, you my freind are the one with crossed wires, I share the opinion with many Catalan fans that Khattabi gives us a flutter under the high ball.

He was playing well on Saturday until he got his head taken off his shoulders by the aptly named Clubb....he may well be dodgy under the high ball from now on after that!

I've seen him play perhaps two dozen times now and haven't seen him drop a bomb yet, although I have seen him make defensive slip ups, but he's only human I guess.

Last edited:

marv

Juniors
He was playing well on Saturday until he got his head taken off his shoulders by the aptly named Clubb....he may well be dodgy under the high ball from now on after that!

He played rerasonably well against Wakefield (I think thats were I saw him last) I think he is a huge improvement on his outings last year.

I've seen him play perhaps two dozen times now and haven't seen him drop a bomb yet, although I have seen him make defensive slip ups, but he's only human I guess.

Thinking back I have a game on tape Catalans V Castleford must be from Catalans first Superleague season, In which Khattabi dropped a couple, I belive he was dropped for the next game.

It was in the lads first season however I guess, as you say were only human.