What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young players who have impressed this year

JasonE

Bench
I like the look of Steve Snitch at Wakey, he was awesome when he came on v Wigan in the semi final.

Karl Fitzpatrick at Salford also looked a dangerous attacking player i the little I saw of him.

James Roby - St Helens, undoubted star of the future although his best spot to me is as an impact player of the bench where he can play hooker or in the halves.

Lee Smith from Leeds, hasn't played SL yet but he was amazing on the Academy teams tour, has to play SL next year

bartman

Immortal
Watch Danny Brough with Hull FC next season. He was all class at half for York this year.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
I think St Helens fullback Ian Hardman has had a good season when he's proved his play.

Also Bradford's Andrew Smith on the Wing, great driver hard worker, I'm thinking he's 18-19ish but he's a 80 minute worker.

Sheddy

Juniors
The youngsters that have impressed me this season in Super League are;

Karl Fitzpatrick (Salford)
Danny McGuire (Leeds)
Chris Bridge (Bradford)
Stuart Reardon (Bradford)
James Roby (St Helens)
Scott Moore (St Helens)
Harrison Hansen (Wigan)

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
James Roby, Scott Moore (Saints)
Craig Huby, Andy Kain, Dominic Brambani (Castleford-haven't played much though)
Danny Brough, Scott Rhodes (York)
Fitzpatrick (Salford)
The Thorman brothers at Gateshead (always liked them)

They have all had good seasons/ have a bright future ahead of them.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Sheddy said:
Stuart Reardon (Bradford)

He's hardley a new comer though, especially how he got the Harry Sunderland award at the Grand Final last year, he's proved he's worth it last season.

And Where has Chris Bridge dissapeared to, haven't seen him in the Bulls squad for some time now.

Bullseye

Juniors
I'm told Chris Bridge has an attitude problem. He's got all the skills but doesn't put the effort into training. A few times he's been picked as 18th man for the squad for an away game and he hasn't bothered to turn up.

It's not the sort of committment that will get him very far. A real shame given his natural ability. He'll end up regretting it when he's too old to play. What might have been!

Richie Mathers has really impressed me this year, he's going to be the future GB fullback. Has all the skills and more.

nickdraperfto

Juniors
Scott Moore, i did a bit of coachin at saints last year and this kid was still at school in leigh!!!!!He's come a long way in a short space of time.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Sheddy said:
The youngsters that have impressed me this season in Super League are;

Danny McGuire (Leeds)
)

Also, Is it fair to include McGuire, he was also inspirational for Leeds last season when they put him in.
Accept for when he was placed on the wing, he had some poor performances.

Latest posts