What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youngquest wins team triathlon

Anonymous

Juniors
New Dragons recruit Nick Youngquest has won the club's annual pre-season training triathlon at Towradgi today, beating Brent Kite by just 2 seconds.

The 20-year-old winger completed the 500m swim-14km cycle-5km sand run course in 76mins20secs, ahead of Kite (76:22) and David Howell (77:15).

- Dragons

saints4ever

First Grade
jesus i hope kite improves his handling this year, as this proves, yes he is the fastest forward we have/also, the fittest, therefore if he has improved his catching ability, hes going to be a big asset next year.

LET US PRAY :lol:

Jimbo

Immortal
I would have thought a Dragins triathlon would be getting pissed, beating up a team-mate in the carpark and then heading down to Northies to assault a few women...

Southernsaint

Staff member
Shouldn't you be off somewhere selling Raffle Tickets to raise cash to support your club once Anderson takes you to the cleaners??

Away with you, boy...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
You know, the best part is that Youngquest is already performing better since he got away from the Scum.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Willow said:
You know, the best part is that Youngquest is already performing better since he got away from the Scum.

I judge footballers on their on-field performance, not assault and how drunk they are.

Anonymous

Juniors
You know, this is loads of fun... sort of like having a lake outside your kitchen window - you never have to leave the house to go fishing.

Biglance

Bench
in the rugby league game kite knocks on alot but i think he is a good player he made a few line breaks towards the end of the season :-k

Collateral

Coach
Kite can be pretty good on his day...I think he will have to have a lot more of those good days to stop the youngsters like Norrie, Poore, Payne and Katu coming through and taking his spot.

Collateral

Coach
Just on Youngquest...do any sharks fans have any real opinions on him? I have heard he is very fast but dont know much else about him.

Alan Shore

First Grade
RedDragon said:
Just on Youngquest...do any sharks fans have any real opinions on him? I have heard he is very fast but dont know much else about him.

He isn't as fast as Joven Clarke obviously but he has a bit of pace about him. Some Sharks fans say ET in him - at the start of ET's career he looked poor defensively, and Youngquest definently was pathetic in defence in first grade in 2003. I attribute that to him being debuted too early. With time he should develop into a fine back, he did well in the World Sevens and has a good boot on him - has a bit of class about him with some nice chip kicks and a handy goalkicker. I rate him and was disappointed somewhat about him leaving.

Kite is very average on the field. Does nothing and can't catch.

Collateral

Coach
Thanks for that Tama... Im tending to agree with you on Kite though..he has had 2 seasons to get used to the NRL and has had more than his fair share of chances to prove himself.

I hope he does well though.

Sticks

Juniors
A lot of fans seem to think Kitey dropped about 3-4 balls per game. Statistics indicate that he was lucky to drop 1 per game. His errors were possibly made more glaring by the fact that Saints were attacking at the time and thus lost momentum.

I've been a fan of the big guy for 2 seasons now and 2004 is his year in my opinion. He started to really get a feel for the game towards the end of last season and I think he started to believe that he was part of the team and making a positive contribution. He comes across as a particularly quiet and reserved chap who is deeply religious and thus had more of a confidence dilemma more than a skill deficiency.

His wide running and tryscoring ability will improve this season along with his defensive grunt. I see a lot of Brad Clyde in Brent...the question is whether Kite can back himself and go for it....I'm betting he will.

Sticks

Southernsaint

Staff member
Kite apparently is the Next Rod Reddy - I'm still waiting & my patience for him is wearing thin...

Cheers,
Ben S.

beerboy

Juniors
yeah i didnt want to let Youngquest go, he'll probably be right for 1st grade by now as well
pity
goodluck with him, not too much though :D

Latest posts