What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Favourite Actor

CC_Eagle

First Grade
I didn't like Damon before Team America, overrated imo.

However, after seeing it I can't even look at the guy with a straight face.

magpie_man

Juniors
Guy Pierce (Memento)
Kevin Bacon (Footloose)
Christopher Walken (Catch me if you Can)
Edward Norton (American History X)
Jamie Foxx (Collateral)
Brad Pitt (Fight Club)
Mark Walberg (The Departed)

Cate Blanchett (Notes on a Scandal)
Jodie Foster (Silence of the Lambs)

OVP

Coach
I believe that Johnny Depp is the ONLY modern actor who can compete with Nicholson, Pacino, De Niro. I think that says everything that needs to be said :)

Not only that, but there is no way in Hell that Depp would accept an award from the so-called "academy". The guy knows his sh*t ... unlike the Academy :)

Depp will NEVER win any Oscar, but maybe thats why i rate him higher than the hollywood sucks.

Eelementary

Post Whore
But the Academy awarded Denzel Washington. OK, they probably only did it because he's African-American. But still...

I also forgot to add to mym list: Hugh Jackman. I reckon the guy is just brilliant. Can play anything.

And another great actor imo is Leonardo DiCaprio. I know, I know - :crazy: . But seriously - watch "Romeo + Juliet", "Blood Diamond" and "The Departed" and tell me, in all seriousness, that he wasn't good.

OVP

Coach
Eelementary said:
And another great actor imo is Leonardo DiCaprio. I know, I know - :crazy: . But seriously - watch "Romeo + Juliet", "Blood Diamond" and "The Departed" and tell me, in all seriousness, that he wasn't good.

He was 30 times better in "Catch me if you can" ... hahah Ch 9 keep showing this movie for some bizarre reason. He did well though, made it great actually :)

skeepe

Immortal
Can't believe I did such a big list and left out my favourite actor of all time - Bill Murray.

Eelementary

Post Whore
OVP said:
He was 30 times better in "Catch me if you can" ... hahah Ch 9 keep showing this movie for some bizarre reason. He did well though, made it great actually :)

True, true. He was great in that movie. Under-rated actor for sure.

millersnose said:
william macy
steve buscemi

hellen mirren

Good calls. I think, because of the roles he does, William Macy doesn't get the attention he deserves.

Also add Daniel Day-Lewis, John Malkovich, Glenn Close.

Al Pacino
Robert De Niro
Denzel Washington
Steve Buscemi

In my opinion, "The Departed" wasnt that great, it tended to drag on. Marky Mark's performance was probably the shining light.

As for comedies, well I think Seth Rogan and Jonah Hill have this one down pat.