What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Favourite RL Test match

The Observer

Staff member
What's is the best RL test match you've seen? I would nominate the 1998 ANZAC Test match as my favourite because it had everything in it - tough opening exchanges, exciting open play, a win by the underdog Kiwis.

SP

Bench
can it be the best international you've seen, because i think the England V Ireland 2000 WC semi was the best ever international that ive seen

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Even though we lost, the 95 WC semi between NZ & Aus that went into extra time was one of my favorites. I'm sure I've seen other tests as good or better, but that one seems to stick in my head because we were one Matthew Ridge conversion away from kicking Australia out of the WC. He blew it, the Kangaroos came on strong in extra time & the Kiwis were spent.

SP

Bench
also with the 95 WC, the group game between England & Australia where England Won was a great game too

GB Lion

Juniors
Yeah, the 1995 world cup was a good tournament and had some crackers.

My fave match came in that tournament - AUS/NZ semi final........ SUPERB

deluded pom?

Coach
Aus v G.B, Princes Park Melbourne, 1992 .We won by a record score on Aussie soil ,33-10, and I was lucky enough to be there . :D :D :D :D :D

carlnz

Bench
Hmmmmmm 1995 Semi Final Between kiwis and Australia was right up there...But Kiwis victory end of last year really special, sure Australia didnt have all there stars but neither did we! And to win by a big margin was amazing....like Monty Betham said this week, that was the first time many of the kiwi players had tasted victory over Australia and now it has given them confidence and wanting more blood!!.......

Another match, well first half would have been Wales Vs Australia in the 2000 world cup, the first half was simply breath taking!!

Best test match with no Kiwi team in it, take your pic from the ashes last year!!!!!

Matt M

Juniors
Well the first international I saw was only in 2000 (when we smashed NZ 52 - 0). I've seen heaps of good games but the best one I've seen would probably be the 1st test against GB last year.

dimitri

First Grade
i think the aus v wales one was a classic

but there have been so many great ones

i love tests

JasonE

Bench
GB v Oz 2nd test 1990

Even now when i watch it the hairs on the back of the neck stand up and my brother was lucky enough to be there that day, Old Trafford I think.

Old Trafford 1990. I barely remember the game, but I still have a romantic view of it. Any game in Britain when a British team puts up a fight is gold for me. Can't wait for TriSeries.

deluded pom?

Coach
JasonE said:
GB v Oz 2nd test 1990

Even now when i watch it the hairs on the back of the neck stand up and my brother was lucky enough to be there that day, Old Trafford I think.

Old Trafford it was and again I was lucky enough to be there. I thought we`d won it when Loughlin scored from the interception . Even when Eastwood missed the conversion I thought we`d at least get the draw so we couldn`t lose the series . Alas Ricky Stuart and Mal Meninga hadn`t read the script . A very very disappointing day but ultimately a very very memorable one .Definitely one of the best Test matches ever .

Alan Shore

First Grade
There have been so many classic Tests, but the World Cup Semi-Final between Australia and Wales was an excellent spectacle.

legend

Coach
I'll agree with Jason E and say the second test at Old Trafford. It's up there as one of the greatest games of league, EVER. There simply aren't enough superlatives to describe that match (sorry Vossy :lol: ). I was watching the game at Parramatta Leagues and I though we were gone for all money and the Ashes were going back to Great Britain.

TO see two Raiders set up and score the winning try was simply phenominal. I have the highlights of the 1990 tour on tape and I watch it about once every three months and that match never ceases to amaze. The first test at Wembley was also a cracker with the Poms scoring some sensational tries. Ellery Hanley did a great chip n chase that led to a try in the corner and Jonathan Davies scored a superb try to seal the match.

The funniest thing I remember from that match was Rowdy Shearer picking up the footy after the siren had gone and running off the field with it and not stopping until he was in the sheds. :lol:

Misanthrope

Staff member
I can't really go past Wales vs. Australia in the 2000 WC. That game had me on the edge of my seat right up until the Kangaroos got their groove back.

I'd put any of the three Ashes tests of last year up there for sheer excitement, even though the Poms died in the final five minutes of every game and I had to endure Noddy being named player of the tournament. :twisted:

Chris

Latest posts