What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your GOTY 2009?

What is your game of the year for 2009?

• Total voters

Jono078

Referee
Been a pretty awesome year for gamers this year, and 2010 is already looking really good.

But what has been your game of the year?

For me as good as Uncharted 2 is, I really loved Assassin's Creed 2. Not as polished but a really enjoyable and in depth experience.

McLovin

Staff member
Other - NBA 2K10

I love sports games these days. Seriously, now i'd rarely get into a game (other than sports) unless it's really farkin awesome. Before Final Fantasy 7, i could play anything. It set the bar for me. Few games since then have made me jizz...

Jono078

Referee
I was like that for the past 2 years McLovin. If it wasn't FIFA or Madden I had no interest.

But Uncharted, inFamous, Batman and AC2 really got me back into gaming again.

Yeah, back to the Nintendo thing, the port for FIFA 10 was disappointing this year, usually quite good on the Wii. Still fun, mind you.

Carnifex

Juniors
Uncharted.

How the f**k AC2 can even get a mention with its piss poor controls and camera angles is beyond me. For the most part the game is good...but the controls are some of the worst ive ever seen.

Carnifex

Juniors
really? you didnt press to jump left and the dude just goes crazy and jumps where ever he wants? does it all the time for me.

Jono078

Referee
Only in the beginning I struggled with the controls (and I didn't play the first AC so took me longer).

But after about 5 hours in I had the hang of it, then the only other issue were with the tombs and that 1 part when your'e the other character and climbing that building.

Honestly it's my game of the year, I have very little to complain about with it, enjoyed it from start to finish, all 30 hours of it.

Carnifex

Juniors
Only in the beginning I struggled with the controls (and I didn't play the first AC so took me longer).

But after about 5 hours in I had the hang of it, then the only other issue were with the tombs and that 1 part when your'e the other character and climbing that building.

Honestly it's my game of the year, I have very little to complain about with it, enjoyed it from start to finish, all 30 hours of it.

fair enough... did you play uncharted 2?

Jono078

Referee
I platinum'd Uncharted 2, so I guess you could say I played it a lil bit :p

Uncharted 2 is a really top game that is really polished.

But it is a bit linear, always the same path from start to finish. That's where I like AC2 over it mostly, just the sheer depth of it all and playing bit more at your own pace and discovering the world at your pace.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Uncharted 2 followed closely be AC2. I did have a few issues with the controls in AC2 but not as dramatic as you seem to have Carnifex.

It's scary to think of the games coming out in the first half of next year though, Mass Effect 2, God of War 3, Grand Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, BioShock 2. And that's the so called quite period for game releases.

Carnifex

Juniors
I platinum'd Uncharted 2, so I guess you could say I played it a lil bit :p

Uncharted 2 is a really top game that is really polished.

But it is a bit linear, always the same path from start to finish. That's where I like AC2 over it mostly, just the sheer depth of it all and playing bit more at your own pace and discovering the world at your pace.

Yeah i see what you getting at.

Maybe i got a dud version ....coz deadset...everytime i jump one direction he goes a totally different. and he is way to slow...and everytime i get in a fight with gaurds i can barely see because the camera goes through a pillar or wall.

Jono078

Referee
I dunno man, I really didn't have that many issues with camera and controls at all.

The game is actually suppose to be filled with glitches and bugs, but I guess I was lucky enough to not come across any. That's probably another reason I do rate it higher than others, because I haven't experience none of the bad stuff.

Carnifex

Juniors
hmmm. Dont get me wrong, the game is good...and fun for the most part. Apart from the issues i already said everything else is good.

Bman26

Juniors
Bioshock got GOTY in 2007 i think? its REALLY old.

MW2 is great but its single player length let it down.
Batman AA i got for xmas and have only played 5% but its awesome
ODST is a top game though not in the list
Left 4 Dead 2 if you get the uncensored version from one of the many gaming sites around the world is awesome, played the censored version on xmas day - its a fail.

MW2 beating L4D2 in a tight finish