What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your HSC Marks

strewth_mate

Bench
Just hand the assignments in and keep on top of the work, it's just a bunch of tests that's overhyped beyond belief. Only real difference to year 11 is that you feel a little more guilty when you have a bludge in the afternoon, and the tests are a bit harder. There's not necessarily a huge amount of content to be tested on either but they manage to ask some obscure questions which makes it more difficult than it should be.

axie

Juniors
No offence, but "easy" and 78.85 don't mix.

I'm of the belief that anyone, unless you have a learning disability, can score above 90 as long as they are organised and actually take their studies seriously. It's not about the quantity of the study; it's the quality that matters.

raider_ktj

Juniors
axie said:
They do. If your going to lie, at least do some research first.
Maybe Preniers doesnt live in NSW, I got a UAI of 67.90, and my friend got 61.27 or something like that. Other states must do it differently.
So if your going to try and shut someone down, maybe you should do your research first.

axie

Juniors
Maybe Preniers doesnt live in NSW, I got a UAI of 67.90, and my friend got 61.27 or something like that. Other states must do it differently.
So if your going to try and shut someone down, maybe you should do your research first.

... except only NSW and the ACT utilise the UAI system. Queensland has the OP, Victoria uses ENTER, Tasmania, Western Australian, South Australia and the Northern Territory ranks students with a TER. So ... who should research before posting?

bazza

Immortal
axie said:

I'm of the belief that anyone, unless you have a learning disability, can score above 90 as long as they are organised and actually take their studies seriously. It's not about the quantity of the study; it's the quality that matters.

Isn't it just a ranking? If so there are only a limited amount of people that will get over 90 no matter how hard you work

[furrycat]

Coach
Preniers lives in campbelltown or something

It goes up in increments of .05

Preniers is a f**king liar.

Red Bear

Referee
if my mates sister got 92 UAI her dad was going to buy her a car

She got 91.95! It was also .05 off the course entry(although you get extra marks anyway when you go to the local uni).

TooheysNew

Coach
That's the stupidest incentive to go well in your HSC. "If you go well I'll buy you a car."

You can have whatever belief you like, but there's nothing wrong with 78.85. You can get a 78.85 and find it easy - just because you haven't put the effort in to bump the grade up any higher doesn't mean it's hard to do.

Alan Shore

First Grade
You have to be pretty dumb not to get 90. Getting 90 is dead easy.

Next year I'll be doing the rest of my VCE (Year 12), though this year I did 2 VCE subjects which lessens 2006's load and gives me more spares on timetable. I got:

Revolutions - 42/50
International Studies - 44/50

Both are scaled up prior to calculating my ENTER by 2 and a bit, so essentially it's a 46 average. If I maintain that across all subjects, my aggregate would be 193.2 which would be close to 99.00.

mullet

Juniors
Tamazoid said:

Next year I'll be doing the rest of my VCE (Year 12), though this year I did 2 VCE subjects which lessens 2006's load and gives me more spares on timetable. I got:

Revolutions - 42/50

Both are scaled up prior to calculating my ENTER by 2 and a bit, so essentially it's a 46 average. If I maintain that across all subjects, my aggregate would be 193.2 which would be close to 99.00.

:roll:

what a suprise to read something like that from you, geez mate get over yourself. As for your comment about being dumb to not get in the 90's, actually why bother replying to such a ridiculousy immature stupid naive comment like that. You need to grow up, you are such an immature and stupid person for someone who makes out they are so incredibly intelligent!!

My good friend was 'books smart' she got 97. She is now a uni drop out working full time in the local newsagency. Mark my word you will go no where in life and have no friends with that kind of elitist, superior mentality!! :clap:

TooheysNew

Coach
mullet said:

what a suprise to read something like that from you, geez mate get over yourself. As for your comment about being dumb to not get in the 90's, actually why bother replying to such a ridiculousy immature stupid naive comment like that. You need to grow up, you are such an immature and stupid person for someone who makes out they are so incredibly intelligent!!

My good friend was 'books smart' she got 97. She is now a uni drop out working full time in the local newsagency. Mark my word you will go no where in life and have no friends with that kind of elitist, superior mentality!! :clap:
:lol:

I think i'm in love.

Bazal

Post Whore
skeepe said:
The AST is far, far better than the HSC. I'm glad that I did all my schooling in the ACT, it's easily the better system and set me up for uni a lot better.

I disagree. I hated the AST and it severely f**ked me up. I lost 21 marks off my highest possible UAI because my grade were a bunch of deadsh*t rugby players. I doubt I would have gotten that 88 anyways but it would have been nice to have my grades scaled by my performance and not the performance of the hundred-odd guys in the grade who all shared a brain. From a "predicted" UAI of 84 I fell to a 67 because of the way AST is scaled. It's a ridiculous system, but I believe they've fixed it up now.

Frenzy.

Immortal
mullet said:

:).

[furrycat]

Coach
Tamazoid said:

Revolutions - 42/50

Care factor?

Wankers who cannot get it up do their final exams over 2 years.
Getting 90 is deadset easy hey...?
The VCE and HSC are different. You do different subjects that we don't have.
Your UAI/Aggregate/Small penis will get you nowhere in a few years. It means nothing later on, only to get you into a course.

SirShire

First Grade
I agree. I'd be interested to see how you would go doing the HSC over the one year period, not f**king around doing 2-3 subjects a year. I completed my HSC this year, got a UAI of 88.10 and did 12 units (In my case, was 5 two unit subjects and 2 one unit subjects - studying 7 subjects in total).