What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your individual player comments

millersnose

Post Whore
McSharkie said:
bird - did nothing but drop the ball 5/10

I don't care if you critisise people but atleast get it right.

2 handling errors. That's right 2. 1 missed tackle. You guys should really stop your Bird is crap mentality. He was one of our better players last night. He made 11 hit ups for 106 mtrs too which is more than Lomu, Galloway and Isemonger along with 19 tackles. Wow, how bad is that? Let's replace him. :roll:

im sorry if my opinion upsets you mcsharkie

its just how i saw the game

i thought bird was our worst player

Craigshark

First Grade
Peachey- Had a great attacking and defensive game. His frusturation got the better of him though. I dont think what he did deserved a sin bin though, you see that kind of the in nearly every match and its just a penalty. Though we had Archer so that kind of answers it..
Merrit- Solid for the time he was on the field.
McGoldrick- Quiet, improved on last week. Defence is still a problem.
Franze- Defence was poor, he made some good tackles but he came in off his man a few times and left Rieck by himself.
Rieck- Brilliant, one of the best games i have seen him play. Did everything asked of him.
Bird- Solid, defence has improved a lot on last year. And he actually passed the ball a few times. Overall good game.
Kimmorley- Great defence, good in attack.
Stevens- Great metres. Good defence.
Bosnich- Good defence, quiet in attack.
Nutley- Usual tireless performance. Good game, but very ill-discipline.
Lomu- Much improved on last week.
Bailey- Ill-discipline. Not a very good performance.
Hilder- Solid.
Beattie- Great game. Good tackle on Lolesi, good metres and good defence.
Galloway- Another great game by him.
Isemonger- Quiet.
Sullivan- Great in attack, good defence. Brilliant game.

Macca

Coach
Your opinion was that Bird did nothing but drop the ball. That's totally wrong. He dropped it twice and while one of them was a terrible mistake, that's really the only thing he did wrong all night. Be more specific and maybe I'll get a bit more of an understanding of why you thought he was so bad.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
millersnose said:
i thought bird was our worst player

I thought Franze was.
His attempt at the flick has gotten worse not better.
The position he attempted it in was stupid.
His technique was awful. He actualy flicked it into the ground.
His receiver, was not in a good position to take it.
The turnover it caused was very costly.

I am a fan of his offloads as I see huge potential there. But if that is the best he can do, see ya later. It's under 14's stuff. & without that pass, he offers very little from what I see.

whilst Birds drops were bad, they weren't intended.
Because of that difference, Franze takes the award as worst player.
I would like to give it to Goldy, but he just tries too hard to deserve it.

Macca

Coach
How did you rate Bird, Cheese? I have a feeling we will see Franze and McGoldrick stay in firsts next week anyway if Merritt is for 2 weeks as reported.

wittyfan

Referee
cheese said:
pogo said:
your comments re sullivan are a JOKE
Why?

Any halfwit with half a brain knows that sullivan struggles to pass both sides

And any halfwith with half a brain knows that sullivan has struggled with ball security over the past two seasons..

I'm Sully's biggest fan and even I have to admit his game has some shortcomings.

Foz

Bench
One thing I noticed (and dont take this the wrong way because I thought Lomu was very good last night) is that Lomu twice missed tackles one on one (got stepped once and fell off once) that led to Dogs breaks.
I really enjoyed the way he plays and I think he will only get better and better.
He seems to be fitting in really well and I have high hopes for him.
Every side needs a guy like Lomu and a guy like Nutley.
Lomu's work rate is 10 times what he was doing last year.

wattsy32

Juniors
I'm just very happy to see reick start playing to his full potential,i am proberly his number 1 fan and knew it was a matter of time until he could turn it on eg:the try against pattern,reick made him look like Sh*t, so happy to see him in the backline this year,very positive things to come for him and the sharks

McSharkie said:
bird - did nothing but drop the ball 5/10

I don't care if you critisise people but atleast get it right.

2 handling errors. That's right 2. 1 missed tackle. You guys should really stop your Bird is crap mentality. He was one of our better players last night. He made 11 hit ups for 106 mtrs too which is more than Lomu, Galloway and Isemonger along with 19 tackles. Wow, how bad is that? Let's replace him. :roll:

I'm with ya McSharkie, I thought Bird was OK last night. Not great but not as bad as those that are death riding him think.

ali

Bench
Foz said:
One thing I noticed (and dont take this the wrong way because I thought Lomu was very good last night) is that Lomu twice missed tackles one on one (got stepped once and fell off once) that led to Dogs breaks.
I really enjoyed the way he plays and I think he will only get better and better.
He seems to be fitting in really well and I have high hopes for him.
Every side needs a guy like Lomu and a guy like Nutley.
Lomu's work rate is 10 times what he was doing last year.

Overall i thought we played well, but I hope we can improve a bit more. Lomu had one shocking miss that lead to a break. A real shirt grab. McGoldrick also had one very ordinary miss. I didn't see much of Franze, but on what he's done in the past, he's miles better than anything I've seen from McGoldrick this year. The guy has always had nothing in attack, and I can't see it changing in the near future. I thought Bird played quite well.

Macca

Coach
I guess a few of the long term forum users are suffering from some long term doubts about Bird and they will continue to say bad things about him regardless of how well he goes. To me that is way too subjective and they are just carrying on from last year's trouble. Everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how subjective it is. :oops:

The Popper

Bench
3 - Noddy
2 - Stevo
1 - Reick
I thought Bird had his best game for ages.
What's up with Merritt. Injury recurred?

cheese

Bench
Everyone is entitled to their opinion
Exactly. So stop having a f**king hissy fit everytime someones opinion differs to yours. Not everyone looks at the game with bird coloured glasses on. Deal with it.

White Poiner

Coach
i am proberly his number 1 fan wattsy32 said :shock: :shock:

hey wattsy u dreamin i am riecks fave supporter i would have pictures of him but i dont know how to put them on all i can put on is bart simpson. :x

yeah wattsy im and the #1 rieck supporter :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

hey can u guys tell me how to do the pictures . :?:

White Poiner

Coach
i am proberly his number 1 fan wattsy32 said :shock: :shock:

hey wattsy u dreamin i am riecks fave supporter i would have pictures of him but i dont know how to put them on all i can put on is bart simpson. :x

yeah wattsy im and the #1 rieck supporter :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

hey can u guys tell me how to do the pictures . :?:

Latest posts