What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW Team for Game 2

Alsmug

Juniors
Thats a fair call ,but snowden wouldnt be out of place with his recent form, personally i wouldnt play reynolds id go for an extra forward off the bench , either way i think we will smash them.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
As great as Snowden has been, I think he still needs to keep playing more consistent footy before going into Origin. He has looked ordinary when he's played for NSW and AUS before, so I think there are better candidates at the moment. I agree, I'd go with another prop over Reynolds.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I wouldnt be picking Snowie given his form has only just turned around in the last month or so. It may back fire if he goes back into his shell

Woods absolutely deserves a shot, just ahead of Grant who might not be back from injury anyway

timka4

Bench
Thats a fair call ,but snowden wouldnt be out of place with his recent form, personally i wouldnt play reynolds id go for an extra forward off the bench , either way i think we will smash them.

The extra forward at suncorp would definitely help, more than at syd and melb. Our plan of 'mobile' forwards seems to be less effective up there, while there use of big boppers tends to work abit better for them (I think the metres gained in the forward packs was pretty similar for QLD and NSW in game 3 in 2012).
Probably because the surface is less drier and quicker at suncorp and while that helps both teams I think it tends to assist the bigger men more

betcats

Referee
I wouldnt be picking Snowie given his form has only just turned around in the last month or so. It may back fire if he goes back into his shell

Woods absolutely deserves a shot, just ahead of Grant who might not be back from injury anyway

While I think Woods has been in slightly better form then Grant, I think A healthy Grant deserves his spot, he never should of missed game one imo and he has the experience. His form before being injured was outstanding, if slightly less so then Woods.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Grant is listed as returning from his busted hand in round 16 isn't he? He'd be a fair risk by the sounds of it. Woods is the guy to slot in, surely!! F*ck qld and their "hostile" environment, just pick the best bloke for the job.

Noname36

First Grade
Lets be honest here. Whoever they pick is going to be a massive upgrade on Tamou. Either way we win.

Whoever the idiot was who said that Mason has been better for the Knights than Snowden needs an uppercut. On recent form Mason is lucky to be in the starting side. Snowden has been pretty much singlehandedly pulling our pack along for weeks now. His work rate is fantastic, and we always seem to have zero go-forward when he's off. I'm not saying I would pick him (he doesn't have the speed for Origin IMO), I'd have Woods if Grant is injured...but this is just another classic example of people's biases against a player stopping them from seeing the good work they're doing.

betcats

Referee
Grant is listed as returning from his busted hand in round 16 isn't he? He'd be a fair risk by the sounds of it. Woods is the guy to slot in, surely!! F*ck qld and their "hostile" environment, just pick the best bloke for the job.

Yeah well im not saying pick him if he is unfit, Woods has definately played well enough to earn that spot with an injury cloud over Grant.

Just quietly another panther forum poster spoke to Timmy at the Tigers game and apparently he said he was right to go last week with a needle but docs didnt want to risk it.

So there might be a chance he plays this week considering the Tamou suspension, if not then I think Woods should be picked.

gronkathon

First Grade
Every time Laurie talks selection I am reminded of how he and that other bonehead Fulton stewarded over the most disgraceful period of selections in NSW Blues history.

I am still disgusted Fulton is around after being the only guy not man enough to stand down after those years of debacle

No way Mez will miss out. Swap him with Woods in your configuration there and that's a powerhouse pack!

I rate Merrin, he's really impressed me during the season but i just don't like him coming on at prop. He was already undersized as a prop last year and with the additional weight he's lost converting into the backrow I think NSW are short of size. He doesn't provide the same go forward as the other 4. Honestly, if Bird was was injured I would slot him in at lock without hesitation. I'd much rather have him over Gallen at lock, I like how he's become more of a ball player and being able to get away off loads. He'll have that jersey all to himself after Bird's time is over.

isaiah

Bench
8. Gallen
10. Grant

14. Fifita
15. Woods

18. Merrin
as long as qld has a 3 or 4 prop rotation of scott, shillo, and one or two of hannant, lillyman, kennedy, maguire, and brenton lawrence: i think we win the yardage battle. gallen, i believe will go missing now he has lit the fuse; woods is young and unproven, fifita is young and might not put 2 solid performances together, grant is injured, and merrin, as said in another post, is lighter and not as able to bend the line.

betcats

Referee
as long as qld has a 3 or 4 prop rotation of scott, shillo, and one or two of hannant, lillyman, kennedy, maguire, and brenton lawrence: i think we win the yardage battle. gallen, i believe will go missing now he has lit the fuse; woods is young and unproven, fifita is young and might not put 2 solid performances together, grant is injured, and merrin, as said in another post, is lighter and not as able to bend the line.

:lol:

Go away.

Joker's Wild

Coach

You are shitting yourself, admit it

BennyV

Referee

Very good point, and it really showed in Game 1 this year where the QLD forwards CLEARLY dominated NSW pack...

...oh, wait...

Wow your generous when assessing the opposition. Fifita will only improve, just watch. Gallen NEVER backs down. Tim Grant like an earlier poster said was able able to play last week but didn't want to risk it. Merrin may be undersized but he uses his footwork and skill to great effect. I was only analyzing NSW very harshly in my post, was preparing for the worst which is why I wanted woods there instead of Merrin. Woods has stood up behind a crumbling Tigers outfit, do you not think he could stand up along side the 3 most dominant props in the world and also a backrow which is all Australian? The Ben Hannat return better make there forward pack twice as good because the way I look at it, NSW were there own worst enemy in that game.

isaiah

Bench
Very good point, and it really showed in Game 1 this year where the QLD forwards CLEARLY dominated NSW pack...

...oh, wait...
sometimes a one off happens, its proven for most of the last decade that nsw cannot do it twice in a series.

TimmyB

Juniors
Every time Laurie talks selection I am reminded of how he and that other bonehead Fulton stewarded over the most disgraceful period of selections in NSW Blues history.

I am still disgusted Fulton is around after being the only guy not man enough to stand down after those years of debacle

The man himself is disgusting. A horrible worm of a human being. One only has to look at the way he spoke to Brohman re: the Les Boyd incident. An utter bully with no integrity.

Latest posts