What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW team for Game III?

timka4

Bench
Matt Prior or Glenn Stewart are favourites to fill Beau Scott's position if he is still injured for game 3.
Matt Prior is average at best, how does he even get mentioned.
I could understand Glenn Stewart, but guys like Heighington, Houston, Hindmarsh, M. Minichiello, and others would be much better suited IMO.

Merrin most under threat too losing his position, with biggest rivals for his position looking to be King, Snowden, Hunt, Weyman. TLL is down the pecking order (which is ridiculous).

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...f-origin-decider/story-fn31yxah-1226080380043

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Matt Prior or Glenn Stewart are favourites to fill Beau Scott's position if he is still injured for game 3.
Matt Prior is average at best, how does he even get mentioned.
I could understand Glenn Stewart, but guys like Heighington, Houston, Hindmarsh, M. Minichiello, and others would be much better suited IMO.

Merrin most under threat too losing his position, with biggest rivals for his position looking to be King, Snowden, Hunt, Weyman. TLL is down the pecking order (which is ridiculous).

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...f-origin-decider/story-fn31yxah-1226080380043

Bizarre.... Why not TLL? He was absolutely dominant last series, and looked like he could become a ten year player for us.

Why Stewart and Prior? There are much better players around. Put Lewis in the back row. We'll lose this game at the selection table. AGAIN.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Barring Jennings proves fitness.

1. Mini
2. Hayne (if Jennings not fit then Stewart)
3. Jennings (If Jennings not fit then Hayne)
4. Gasnier
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Mannah
9. Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Watmough
12. Lewis
13. Bird

14. Merrin
15. TLL
16. Snowden
17. Gidley

18. Sims
19. Dugan

Ray Parlour

Juniors
1.Mini
2.Morris
3.Gasnier
4.Hayne
5.Uate
6.Soward
7.Pearce
8.Mannah
9.Ennis
10.Gallan
11.Creagh
12.Lewis
13.Bird

14.Gidley
15.TLL
16.Watmaugh
17.Hunt

Sleep

Juniors
1. Mini
2. Uate
3. Gasnier
4. Jennings (if fit)
5. Hayne
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Ennis
10. Mannah
11. Lewis
12. Creagh
13. Bird

14. Gidley
15. Watmough
16. Snowden
17. Simms (though I think with his suspension he's no longer eligible? :()

SET2JT

Juniors
Anything to keep Morris (Both) away from a jersey. Lewis to center is a strong option but we loose our strength from the back and if a player gets a run. Like Cooper Donk got a run like he did in Game II he will not be in the position to tackle and cover the up the gut defense.

2. B.Stewart (Come on Has he might not be well enough to play FB but at least winger he's been incredible)
3. J.Hayne (Know it's not his natural position but if Hoppa made the switch (Yes I know he played center in his younger days) surely Hayne can bring in good defense and some good play the ball for Stewart. We will basically have two wingers but Game II was like that with Hoppa/Hayne with Lewis and Choc covering just behind for stronger line defense.
4. M.Gasnier (Defense is good for him now, he does not trust his own pace and that's his biggest let down he has potential to score tries himself and send Uate away but he does not trust his own pace anymore if he does he will have a good game)
5. A.Uate (No explination needed this guy is a machine)
I don't get all the hype with Lewis's tackle bar that it was a solid one. Mini had him covered and there were two other players there to clean him up. Cronk was never going to score.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I don't get all the hype with Lewis's tackle bar that it was a solid one. Mini had him covered and there were two other players there to clean him up. Cronk was never going to score.

He's more a solid option up the middle rather then a center. He would be a great option at center as he's a defensive machine but we loose allot of his depth there and the depth in his play which suits his position.

timka4

Bench
Yeah it wasn't really a try saving tackle, but it was a good hit

1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. Jennings
4. Gasnier
5. Fergusson

6. Carney
7. Soward

8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. TLL
11. Lewis
12. Watmough
13. Bird

14. Snowden
15. Scott
16. Kidley
17. Mateo

X factor much??

Obviosuly having the 2 dargqueens in the backrow is good defensively but we need more then that to defeat QLD in their backyard. Carney is the best half in NSW no doubt. no other comes close at full fitness...

Obviously this team will never happen but i can only dream ...

timka4

Bench
Carney is just not ready at the moment, you can just see it when he plays, he isn't only out of form, he is out of sorts.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Barring Jennings proves fitness.

1. Mini
2. Hayne (if Jennings not fit then Stewart)
3. Jennings (If Jennings not fit then Hayne)
4. Gasnier
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Mannah
9. Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Watmough
12. Lewis
13. Bird

14. Merrin
15. TLL
16. Snowden
17. Gidley

18. Sims
19. Dugan

Love that side! Oh wait... It's mine! :D

POPEYE

Coach
NSW's biggest problem will be coping with a Qld team that has shaken it's complacency. It will be a real feather in their cap if the Blues can win this game. Chalk and cheese compared to the first two.

Jennings, Gasnier and possibly Soward will struggle but stranger things have happened. Sims is ready and should be on the bench. Stewart should be in the backs somewhere. Nsw don't need predictability. Hayne should be at centre

Last edited:

bottle

Coach
NSW's biggest problem will be coping with a Qld team that has shaken it's complacency. It will be a real feather in their cap if the Blues can win this game. Chalk and cheese compared to the first two.

Jennings, Gasnier and possibly Soward will struggle but stranger things have happened. Sims is ready and should be on the bench. Stewart should be in the backs somewhere. Nsw don't need predictability. Hayne should be at centre

Might have been a possibility but suspended for two games as I understood it. Out of Origin contention.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Game III is not time to debut people. Simple as that. When it comes down to it the other players to bring in will be dependent on Jennings/ Scott/ Creaghs fitness.

goosie

Juniors
dugan should be right to play and jennings also just depends if ricky picks them cause of no gametime

Pazza

First Grade
Love that side! Oh wait... It's mine! :D

Three props on the bench means we lose all our mobility and speed that won us game 2!

I think Glenn Stuart and Hindmarsh come in if Creagh and Scott are ruled out!

Mannah handled Prop fine in game two and im sure could play more mins if required!

Keep Merrin on the bench, we have put two games into this kid and he is a prop of the future! No point dumping him for Snowden who has shown he isn't ready for origin yet and TLL who lacks match fitness!

Pazza

First Grade
1.Minichello
2.Uate
3.Gasnier
4.Hayne
5.Morris (that was painful)
6.Soward
7.Pierce
8.Mannah
9.Ennis
10.Gallen
11.Hindmarsh
12.Watmough
13.Bird

14.Gidley
15.Merrin
16.Lewis
17.Stewart

watatank

Coach
Keep Merrin on the bench, we have put two games into this kid and he is a prop of the future! No point dumping him for Snowden who has shown he isn't ready for origin yet and TLL who lacks match fitness!

You could argue that Snowden is more "ready" than Merrin who really hasn't proved that he is either.