What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your RD 1 2018 line up

OldPanther

Coach
Maloney is a certainty to be here. Will be offical after Australia commitments end.

CHN is touch and go for round 1. So I'd give him a few weeks in NSW Cup with Latu's departure I'd go for Round 1:

Edwards
DWZ
Whare
Blake
Mansour
Maloney
Cleary
Merrin
Wallace
Tamou
Yeo
Peachey
Cartwright

Katoa
RCG
JFH
Kikau

WC hopefully helps Kikau and Katoa keep improving. Whare/DWZ were looking good on the same side of the field. Hopefully help us start better than last season

This is a strong team. I'd rather Wallace out but I get that won't happen.

Blade23

Juniors
Maloney is a certainty to be here. Will be offical after Australia commitments end.

CHN is touch and go for round 1. So I'd give him a few weeks in NSW Cup with Latu's departure I'd go for Round 1:

Edwards
DWZ
Whare
Blake
Mansour
Maloney
Cleary
Merrin
Wallace
Tamou
Yeo
Peachey
Cartwright

Katoa
RCG
JFH
Kikau

WC hopefully helps Kikau and Katoa keep improving. Whare/DWZ were looking good on the same side of the field. Hopefully help us start better than last season

Good points. good team.

Kilkenny

Coach
It is naive I know but I would like to think all 30 or so of our top grade squad can turn up at training in 2018 and all be given equal opportunity of getting a crack for our top 17 based on the obvious factors.

Despite the doomsayers we do have a strong squad on paper albeit perhaps lacking a real world class or top notch centre three quarter.

Having regard to our squad I am of the opinion the only players who should be automatic selections when fit and healthy would be Nathan Clearly, Josh Mansour, James Maloney (Given he is Aust/NSW Blues Rep), RCG, Issah Yeo, Trent Merrin and perhaps Dylan Edwards.

All other positions and spots in our top 17 should be up for grabs, selection on form, how they perform in pre season training and NOT based on there pay cheques or past history.

Dylan Edwards was our standout performer during this past off season yet only finally got his opportunity thru a combination of injury and other issues we are all well aware off.

Bob

Juniors
I think long term we will See 9.Egan 14.Katoa...

For sure.
A lot of people on here are forgetting Soni Luke
Before he did his shoulder he was Very highly rated, hopefully he is still with the club
As for Latu’s replacement in our squad I’d like Oliver Clark, really rate this kid

OldPanther

Coach
A lot of people on here are forgetting Soni Luke
Before he did his shoulder he was Very highly rated, hopefully he is still with the club
As for Latu’s replacement in our squad I’d like Oliver Clark, really rate this kid

It feels like an age since I've heard the name Soni Luke. Just assumed he was gone.

Whino

Bench

I have heard some good things on Ollie
Just on latu's replacement who are (apart from Ollie Clark) the next cabs off the ranks in the lowers grades for prop that could make first grade next year?
Hetherington? Lui Toso ?

Bob

Juniors
I have heard some good things on Ollie
Just on latu's replacement who are (apart from Ollie Clark) the next cabs off the ranks in the lowers grades for prop that could make first grade next year?
Hetherington? Lui Toso ?
Ollie Clark, kade Ellis, Jack hetherington, Liu toso for mine is to similar to matagi only good for short spurts
I heard on the grand final coverage that Jed Cartwright, Corey Waddell and the 13 Liam Martin will be part of the top 30

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Is it just me, or is the depth of our back line pretty threadbare? Edwards goes down for example and it’s who? DWZ? And who takes the wing spot? Couple of injuries to the wrong people and we could be in trouble...

OldPanther

Coach
Is it just me, or is the depth of our back line pretty threadbare? Edwards goes down for example and it’s who? DWZ? And who takes the wing spot? Couple of injuries to the wrong people and we could be in trouble...

I assume some young blokes will come into the top 30 and offer depth. Guys like Sivo (spelling?) Everyone has been talking about. Correct me if I'm wrong.

mxlegend99

Referee
No our depth is perfect and unlike every otjer club our salary cap has been manakged brilliantly.

We could lose our whole top 17 and still have the best roster in the comletition.

Well maybe Hook sees Whare as able to cover fullback......

franklin2323

Immortal
Well maybe Hook sees Whare as able to cover fullback......

Problem is then who plays centre? We have very limited backs depth

NSW Cup team from GF

Cerruto - Gone to Bulldogs
Satini - Gone to RU
Cartwright - Signed to play backrow
Nicholls - Gone to Dragons

Leaves us 2 guys that played plenty of Ron Massey Cup and a barely out of NYC half left. Tyrone Phillips will help but we should of got these guys as the squad fillers instead of 1000 forwards