What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Side For Round 2

alien

Referee
If Head is ready...

1. Hodgson
2. Tagive
3. Halatau
4. Lawrence
5. Tuiaki

6. Fulton
7. Head

8. Payten
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Teo
12. Heighington
13. Morris

14. Moltzen
15. Galea
16. Payne
17. Harrison

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't be picking halatau based on yesterday's form.

Put Morris at centre, Fulton at Lock and Moltzen in at 6 if Head is ready

If head isn't ready, Fulton and Morris in the centres, Lawrence in 6, Moltzen at 7, and throw Payne in the forward pack to fill the vacant spot there.

Lawrence at 6 isn't a great idea really, but if he has 2 good defensive centres then this will negate his complete lack of tackling ability.

magpie_man

Juniors
1. Hodgson
2. Tuiaki
3. Fulton
4. Lawrence
5. Tagive
6. Morris
7. Head
8. Payten
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Galea
12. Heighington
13. Te'o

14. Moltzen
15. Halatau
16. Payne
17. Harrison

chopsy_05

Juniors
magpie_man said:
1. Hodgson
2. Tuiaki
3. Fulton
4. Lawrence
5. Tagive
6. Morris
7. Head
8. Payten
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Galea
12. Heighington
13. Te'o

14. Moltzen
15. Halatau
16. Payne
17. Harrison

What he said

alien

Referee
Fulton in the centres and Lawrence in the halves :crazy: u people are nuts

braz

Juniors
madunit said:
lawrence at 6 isn't as bad as picking morris in the halves

1) Morris had a good game yesterday.

2) I didn't see Lawrence get caught out defensively

brooksy19

Bench
Did head play for Wests ?

I don't think we'll see him till Mid April.

Round 2.

1. Hodgo
2. Tuaki/Ryan
3. Dene
4. Lawry
5. Peni

6. Moltzen
7. Morris

8. Payten
9. Roberto
10. The Ranga
11. XXX
12. Teo
13. Fulton

14. Galea
15. Harrison
16. Payne
17. Flanagan

Rotation - when a backrower is replaced say at the 60th min mark, dene goes to 2nd row, Moltzen to centre and flanagan to halves. Payne & Harrison for now are our front row rotation. 2 of Liam, XXX and Teo to play 70 + mins.

super_coach

First Grade
1---70kg superman
2---our Lotte
3---Ryan
4---Laurie white legs
5---ACDC TNT
6---Moths mate Morris
7---Heads or Knees
8--the 5/8th in a props body Payten
9---have to think about this one for a second Farah
10--Kilo
11--80 minutes Rhino
12--Danny Boy
13--Bozo

14---A Canadian beer Molzon
15---the Barrister Teo
16---The boy from bankstown Payne
17--Taps Harrison

alien

Referee
super_coach said:
1---70kg superman
2---our Lotte
3---Ryan
4---Laurie white legs
5---ACDC TNT
6---Moths mate Morris
7---Heads or Knees
8--the 5/8th in a props body Payten
9---have to think about this one for a second Farah
10--Kilo
11--80 minutes Rhino
12--Danny Boy
13--Bozo

14---A Canadian beer Molzon
15---the Barrister Teo
16---The boy from bankstown Payne
17--Taps Harrison

Any reason in particular why you would start with Galea in the starting lineup and Teo on the interchange?

super_coach

First Grade
I thought Teo on the bench to be used as a impact attacking player rather than be involved in the early exchanges. Although if we cast our mind back to last year, he did have one hell of a game against the cowgirls in the second round romp. We need all the defence we can get especially early,you cant let them get away to a flyer.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
super_coach said:
I thought Teo on the bench to be used as a impact attacking player rather than be involved in the early exchanges. Although if we cast our mind back to last year, he did have one hell of a game against the cowgirls in the second round romp. We need all the defence we can get especially early,you cant let them get away to a flyer.

I agree with Teo on the bench - as an impact player but also because he is inexperienced and hasnt developed a heavy work rate as of yet. He is good for a few good runs and hits but not sure he if good maintain that over plenty of minutes.

I think the forward pack played quite well galloway, heignho, payten, harrison and payne seemed to rotate and share the workload quite well, especially on defense. They seemed to share prop and secondrow duties. While Galloway is clearly a prop, the rest are hybrids.

Hopefully head plays and helps direct them around better on attack.

Galea was good on defense when he came on - be good to see if he can play more minutes and whether or not he has anything to offer on attack.

chopsy_05

Juniors
Fox sports news have just said Payten is fighting the crusher tackle at the judiciary. And rightly so. Looking at the replay there was no force or crush involved just the way the attacker fell into him.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
What I'd like to see:

1. Hodgson
2. Tuiaki
3. Ryan
4. Lawrence
5. Tagive
6. Fulton
7. Morris
8. Payten
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Galea/Payne
12. Heighington
13. Halatau

14. Moltzen
15. Te'o
16. Payne/Galea
17. Harrison

Liam's a tremendous defender in the middle of the park but I'm not sure how he'd go out in the centres. Halatau's only impact with the ball vs the Dragons came from dummy half runs and short hit-ups through the ruck so stick him back to 13 where he's more effective and defensive liabilities are better covered. Ryan played centres in the Dragons lower grades and although he may be a bit under-sized, he gives a bit of toe out wide. Te'o off the bench - whilst his work was pretty good vs Dragons, his work-load left a lot to be desired.

Although what I think Sheens will do is Halatau will stay at centre, Fulton to 5/8 & Galea/Payne will start in the back-row. If Tuiaki's back, Ryan to be dropped and Metsuiela to come in.

Latest posts