What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your team selection for next week v raiders

cheese

Bench
chuck merrit at 1 and peach at 6........ wont happen, but atleast peach would be more involved(dunno if thats a good thing anymore), and atleast we'd have fullback who isnt a cat in the kick return department

win win

fizman

Bench
I have really given this weeks team some serious thought and this is what I have come up with.

1. Seers
2. Merrit
3. Vagana
4. Kent
5. Reick
6. Peachey
7. Kimmorley
8. Stevens
9. Sullivan
10. Nutley
11. Lomu
12. Galloway
13. Saleh

14. Williams
15. Beattie
16. Hilder
17. Gallen

I guess the glaring changes are no Bailey in the squad, Peachey to 5/8 and Saleh into Lock. Regarding Peachey, I have been extremely critical of his performances, and with good reason I beleieve. With that said though, if he is going to continue playing the pivot role in attack, he may as well wear the no.6. I actually wouldn't have a problem with that.

I haven't seen any games this season, but I would throw out the form guide and give Matt Seers a crack at Fullback. Hopefully, he will rise to the occasion and give us some stability. I would be telling him to run the ball back strongly and have a crack at the opposition in broken play.

I don't really know whats going on with Phil Bailey and I don't know if he is deliberately playing out of position. Not once did I see him take the ball up in the middle of the park. I am still not sure of his loyalties and have thus left him out of my 17 for now.

I know many will laugh at my selection of Saleh at lock, but I think he might go ok there. Ricketson used to be a centre and was transformed into a Lock. I feel that Saleh has size and good pace to play well in that position.

I like the fact that BK cannot throw cut out passes to Bailey all the time, and I think that the backline has pace with a solid look to it.

In the forwards, I think that we are too small. Lomu and Galloway are good sized lads, but the likes of Gallen and Nutley for mine are a bit small. I am very concerned about Stevens and Beattie, they have that tired look about them, but they do have size.
Williams was outsanding on Saturday night, so hopefully he can continue his impressive start.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Seers won't be used until he can finish training & he can beat Steve Rogers over 100 metres.
Saleh will have to spend a fornight at KFC if he is to come come up to a respctable weight for the forwards.
I am Salehs biggest fan, but he cannot be in the team whilst we have such a lack of penetration.

You wwere just trying to gazump me picking Bailey on the Wing