What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your team selection for next week v raiders

warren

Juniors
if the peach is released from his contract there should be a better replacement, right now i don't think we have one

fizman

Bench
Wazza, I would throw the form guide out the window and give Seers a crack at the No1. Why not?? They bought him for a reason.

I just want to see a fullback who is prepared to run the ball straight.

Docking

Juniors
I doubt there will be many changes but I think massive changes are in order. I think we should bank on youth and the enthusiasm they bring to the game, some of the players (Peach, Noddy) I've dropped so they can get their confidence sky rocketing in PL where they would easily dominate. The in a few weeks time we'll bring them back into the squad.
Radical? Perhaps but theres no point in flogging a dead horse.
We are coming dead last. It's time for some serious lineup changes to invest in the future. Lets not be rebuilding for an indefinate period....

1. Simmons
2. Saleh
3. Vagana (c)
4. Kent
5. Merrit (if fit) otherwise Pelo
6. Aitken
7. Dallalana
8. Stevens
9. Sully
10. Newton
11. Galloway
12. Dumas
13. Ciraldo

14. Jason Williams
15. Jon Green
16. Nathan Vagg
17. Kevin Kingston

RICHO

Juniors
Merritt can play fullback. As can Saleh and Simmons. Not to mention Vagana.

I'm willing to give Peach a go, see if can get back to some decent form.

And Noddy should not, and can not be dropped to Premier League!
NO!

RICHO

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
correct richo
one other biggy too

I saw Peach at 5/8 mate, but that's not a big deal for me.

Bails is NOT a winger, he has no hands!
Simmons is NOT a centre, at least not until he learns how to tackle.
And Nutley at lock? Not sure what to make of that!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Bails is a winger because he doesn't pass. He doesn't drop them. & he is a f**king big unit who is pretty quick.

Simmons can run. We need more penetration & support play. Bails will cover his flank in defense.

Nutley plays a locks game. Highest tackler & hitups everyweek & also 80 minute man. He's the glue. He is the traditional lock. Use Ricketson as the benchmark for locks, well Nutts is twice as good as him.

RICHO

Juniors
Yeah Nuts is good if he doesn't give away penalties, which he does a lot of.

Not sure about Bails on a wing. I'd say he'd be lost out there. Positioning would be a nightmare.

Et#1_supporter

Juniors
Peachey must be dropped, he is proving a liability. But he has being playing below first grade standard for some time, including last year....but imagine the riot if Anderson had dropped Peach.

THe club has to face the fact that he, currently, is not up to it. Maybe a move of positions, he doesn't seem to want to play fullback, never there in defence, or if he is he can't effect a tackle.

And the person who said drop kimmorley must be kidding, without noddy i think we'd lose by 40 or 50, even though he isn't playing at his best

Macca

Coach
Peachey
Rieck
Simmons
Kent
Merritt
Vagana
Kimmorley
Stevens
Sullivan
J Williams
Bailey
Gallen
Hilder

Green
Galloway
Beattie
R Williams

When is Lomu back?

Peach
Riek
Vangana
Saleh
Merritt
Aitken
Kimmorley
Stevens
Sully
Beattie
Gallen
Bailey
Hilder

J Williams
Green
Galloway
Newton
(There are some big boys on that bench!)

Assuming Vangana, Merrit, Gallen, Beattie all available

If Stuey wants to still employ the 2 hooker role id have hilder at hookerto start the game with sully having his usual impact. Hilder offers more utility value then bosnich.

Marlin

Juniors
RICHO said:
blacktip-reefy said:
correct richo
one other biggy too

I saw Peach at 5/8 mate, but that's not a big deal for me.

Bails is NOT a winger, he has no hands!
Simmons is NOT a centre, at least not until he learns how to tackle.
And Nutley at lock? Not sure what to make of that!

actually simmons is a centre. or fullback. what he isn't is a winger. as far as i can recall he has only been in league for around 5 years and had never played wing till the manly game. hes beeing hung out to dry on the wing as it takes more than 2 games to learn wing defense.

id be putting him in for mcgoldrick. if not id throw kent back in if hes fit (was hobbling along with j green after pl)

saleh to the wing.

other than that id make no changes other than forced ones. the team cant gel if its not kept together

wittyfan

Referee
Sullyfan's team would be:

Peachey
Simmonds
Vagana
Kent
Rieck
Sully
Kimmorley
Stevens
Bosnich
Beattie
Gallen
Galloway
Hilder

Bench warmers:
Bailey
Williams
Newton
Green

Booyah

Bench
1. Peachey

2. Merritt
3. Vagana
4. Simmons
5. Reick

6. Aitken
7. Kimmorley
13. Hilder

12. Gallen
11. Galloway
10. Stevens
9. Sullivan
8. Newton

14. J Williams
15. Bailey
16. Nutley
17. Kent

Sharkie73

Bench
1. Peachey
2. Merritt
3. Vagana
4. Saleh/ Kent / Franze
5. Rieck
6. Dallalana
7. Kimmorley
8. Stevens
9. Sullivan
10. Beattie
11. Galloway
12. Gallen
13. Hilder
Interchange:
14. Williams
15. Nutley
16. Wessel
17. Dumas

ali

Bench
1. Peachey

2. Merritt (if not fit Pelo)
3. Vagana
4. Bailey
5. Rieck

6. Aitken
7. Kimmorley

8. Stevens
9. Sullivan
10. Nutley
11. Gallen
12. Galloway
13. Hilder

14. J Williams
15. Bickers
16. Dumas
17. Simmons

Assuming Beattie is out. This way we get rid of Isemonger (useless), and Bosnich (too slow) and McGoldrick who is totally useless. Aitken is blooded and gets to defend inside of Bailey. So we will have 2 good defenders in the centres and a fairly solid forward pack. Simmons is on the bench as he can cover anywhere in the 3 quarter line. If we fall behind he could be thrown in to play centre and Bailey could revert to the pack. But I wouldn't want to see Simmo and Aitken defending next to each other for an extended period in first grade. (at this early stage of their careers).

chili pepper

Bench
Good team ali but I'd have a few changes in the pack

1. Peach

2. Merrit/ Simmons
3. Vagana
4. Bailey
5. Rieck

6. Aitken
7. Noddy

13. Hilder
12. Galloway
11. Gallen
10. Newton
9. Sully
8. Stevens

14. J. Williams
15. Lomu/ Nutley
16. Beattie/ Dumas
17. Simmons/ Saleh

millersnose

Post Whore
Et#1_supporter said:
Peachey must be dropped, he is proving a liability. But he has being playing below first grade standard for some time, including last year....but imagine the riot if Anderson had dropped Peach.

THe club has to face the fact that he, currently, is not up to it. Maybe a move of positions, he doesn't seem to want to play fullback, never there in defence, or if he is he can't effect a tackle.

although i am not a big peachey fan if you drop him who do you replace him with?

fact is he is one of our only first grade standard attacking players - one of the only ones that tries to be creative and worries the opposition

we do not have a better option at fullback

i can split the group into 3 distinct groups

genuine 1st graders- kimmorley stevens beattie peachey vagana bailey

borderline 1st graders - nutley reick saleh

not up to 1st grade standard - bird bosnich sullivan franze isemonger gallen etc etc

i conclude we only have 2/3's of a 1st grade standard side