What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team v Broncos

slotmachine

First Grade
6. I dont care as long as they run straight. Gidley killed us in attack with his lateral running. Stigg will run at the line, he will do.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't understand the love for Gids at 6.

He is the crabman.

He did exactly the same thing in Round 1 when he was playing FB but decided to run at 5/8 in attack.

Don't see Stone sending him back to FB though.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
It won't be what will be named, but anyway.

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. Wes Naiqama
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Akuila Uate
6. Matt Hilder
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Antonio Kaufusi
9. Isaac De Gois
10. Evarn Tuimavave
11. Zeb Taia (if fit)
12. Chris Houston
13. Joel Edwards

14. Mark Taufua
15. Cory Paterson
16. Richie Fa'aoso
17. Zane Tetavano

slotmachine

First Grade
It won't be what will be named, but anyway.

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. Wes Naiqama
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Akuila Uate
6. Matt Hilder
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Antonio Kaufusi
9. Isaac De Gois
10. Evarn Tuimavave
11. Zeb Taia (if fit)
12. Chris Houston
13. Joel Edwards

14. Mark Taufua
15. Cory Paterson
16. Richie Fa'aoso
17. Zane Tetavano

Big bench!

League_God

Juniors
1.Kurt Gidley
2.Wes Naquima
3.Junior Sau
4.Adam Macdougall
5.Aku Uate
6.Matt Hilder
7.Jarrod Mullen
8.Evarn Tuimavave
9.Isaac De Gois
10.Antonio Kafusi
11.Zeb Taia
12.Chris Houston
13.Joel Edwards

14.Mark Taufua
15.Ethan Cook
16.Richie Faaso
17.Tyrone Roberts/Ryan Stig

Apey

Staff member
Don't mind Hilder at 6, as long he doesn't kick too much :crazy:

perverse

Referee
i think Hilder is a useless tit at 6. what makes him good at 6? his mediocre passing game? his terrible kicking game? his occasionally poor decision making? his running game is improving, but hardly what you would call threatening. he has no pace to speak of at all.

what makes Hilder a 5/8th, exactly? he's less a 5/8th than Sean Rudder was.

aqua_duck

Coach
I know it won't happen but I'd love to see what Ethan cook could do at 5/8th. Physically he's a big and solid unit so that's not really a concern, and he's one of the most skillful forwards in Toyota cup, reminds me alot of Glen Stewart.

Apey

Staff member

Silent Knight

First Grade
I know it won't happen but I'd love to see what Ethan cook could do at 5/8th. Physically he's a big and solid unit so that's not really a concern, and he's one of the most skillful forwards in Toyota cup, reminds me alot of Glen Stewart.

It's an interesting theory but I don't think Tyrone Roberts or Ryan Stig would be too impressed if Ethan Cook was selected at 5/8 ahead of them. Surely those two guys would be more suitable candidates for a starting halves position?

Still stranger things have happened. Look at the Warriors and Feleti Mateo.

perverse

Referee
could honestly ask the same questions of Gidley at 5/8, and I'd much rather Gidley back at fullback... based on our injuries, it's either Hilder or Pika's option, heh.
no, you really can't ask the same questions of Gidley. his kicking game, while poor, is still better. his running game is good, particularly when he plays direct. Gids has a decent, but not exemplary passing game. he is miles ahead of Hilder as a 5/8th.

i would prefer Gids at fullback too, but the point is moot. Stone has expressed that Gids and Mullo will be his halves until troops return, and rightly so... they are our best option. i don't know why people are keen to move Wes, he's picked up the lions share of KOTW points this week.

slotmachine

First Grade
What I think we will see (pending fitness);

1. Naiqama
2. McManus
3. Sau
4. Doogs
5. Uate
6. Kidley
7. Mullen
8. Kaufusi
9. DeGois
10. Tui
11. Taia
12. Houston
13. Edwards

14. Hilder
15. Paterson
16. Fa'aoso
17. Tolar
18. Taufua

Boofhead

Juniors
Do you blokes reckon that O'Donnell will get a run this year? Thought he might of with all the injuries, shows how great your depth is in the backrow...

perverse

Referee
Do you blokes reckon that O'Donnell will get a run this year? Thought he might of with all the injuries, shows how great your depth is in the backrow...
we'll need a few more injuries yet... or his form will need to explode in NSW cup. we could use his physique in first grade at the moment... and his aggression if it runs in the family. i've not seen too much of him, but he didn't trial very well... dropped the ball every second time he touched it.

oh yeah, that and as Coby said, he's injured. i don't think he's that close to firsts even at full health, though.