What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team vs. Sharks

hitman82

Bench
Right, we need to win 5 from 5 to be in the finals. It's not going to happen, but anyway... Mannering and Luck hopefully will be back.

1. Locke
2. Hurrell (Tupou needs to be accountable for his performance)
3. Mannering (Brown if Mannering is still out)
4. Benry
5. Vatuvei
6. Maloney (Godinet if Maloney is suspended)
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Friend
10. Matulino
11. Taylor
12. Luck (Ikahihifo if Luck is still out)
13. Martel

14. Brown (Ukuma Ta'ai if Mannering is still out)
15. Ikahihifo (Sam Lousi if Luck is still out)
16. Package
17. Sione Lousi

Last edited:

Izz

Bench
You got Matulino in there twice, dude. I'd like to clone him too, but i don't think that technology's available to us just yet.

vvvrulz

Coach
Wouldn't mind seeing Ikahihifo given a starting run out wide.

And am I the only one who thinks Taylor is in pretty poor form as well?

hitro

Juniors
Brown to centre (even though he is not as good as he once was) Henry to Vulcans for mine. Rest of the team looks good. 5/5 could happen if the backs can get it together, our pack is as good as anyones. Please God.

1. Locke
2. Hiku
3. Benry
4. Hurrell
5. Vatuvei
6. Maloney (Godinet)
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Friend
10. Matulino
11. Taylor
12. Luck
13. Mateo

14. Brown
15. Ikahihifo
16. Packer
17. Sam Lousi (Sione is offering nothing)

People will probably laugh at the that hiku inclusion but I'm seriously dumbfounded at the lack of options on the wing:
- hurrell, unfit and would get caught out on the flank
- topou, liability on d
- Omar, read topou
- Penehe, rubbish
- fish, injured
- peace, journeyman
- collier, off to manly next year
- hiku, off to manly next year (but one of the better options)
- likiliki, prop

hitman82

Bench
I can see why you chose Hiku, and if he wasn't off to Manly I'd have picked him too. Our wing depth is pretty terrible right now.

I went with Hurrell purely because he has played there a couple of times in first grade (not for whole matches though) and didn't look out of place. I personally think his defense has improved massively, and I'd rate him to perform well when matched up with a strong defensive centre in Mannering.

Sadly I don't think Tupou will get the week off anyway...

Aragorn

First Grade
I wouldnt mind seeing Mateo at 6, Maloney at 7, Johnson to fullback and Locke on the wing.

Manu to Prop, and Hurrell on the wing with Locke..

Might as well experiment....

blain

Juniors
I havent seen anything official about Hiku yet, is there something out there? Or just rumours.

Collier is nothing flash.

I havent seen anything official about Hiku yet, is there something out there? Or just rumours.

We could always get Elijah "Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" Niko back... he's currently plying his trade in the lower leagues of the local Australian Union 7's circuit.

Our junior system seems inept at developing top wing prospects.....

Izz

Bench
We could always get Elijah "Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" Niko back... he's currently plying his trade in the lower leagues of the local Australian Union 7's circuit.

Our junior system seems inept at developing top wing prospects.....
Everybody else's junior system seems pretty good at developing top kiwi wing prospects, though. Perhaps it's because they don't put props on the wing? Maybe? Just throwing stuff out there.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Manly have picked up Collier? That seems a bit of a nothing purchase when there's starving children in the world.

We're not going forward with this side. We need changes.

I'd like to see Ikahihifo play again, he looked to have real promise.

Aragorn

First Grade
I would love to see johnson at FB... he has an amazing step and given room, I think he could tear teams apart.....

Aragorn

First Grade
he is needed in the halves.. just a pity the rest of the backline are not up to his standard

Backs:

Half back : TL

Standoff :Mateo

Full back: Johnson

Wingers - Fish and Locke,

Centers - Neilson & Hurrell

I can see TL with Mateo leading the backs... SJ is a little on the quiet side.... asian thing again maybe? I dont know...

Forwards

Props: Matulino, Packer, Lousi, Lillyman, Rapira, Vatuvei

Hooker: Friend

Second row : Talyor, Mannering, Benry, Ikahihifo

Now thats a winning team right there..... ;-)

jamaman

Juniors
Backs:

Half back : TL

Standoff :Mateo

Full back: Johnson

Wingers - Fish and Locke,

Centers - Neilson & Hurrell

I can see TL with Mateo leading the backs... SJ is a little on the quiet side.... asian thing again maybe? I dont know...

Forwards

Props: Matulino, Packer, Lousi, Lillyman, Rapira, Vatuvei

Hooker: Friend

Second row : Talyor, Mannering, Benry, Ikahihifo

Now thats a winning team right there..... ;-)

2013 SJ will be half back.