What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team vs Souffs

1. Kev Naquaima
2. Jimmy
3. BJ
4. Gagai/ Tahu
5. ? Pat Matutia?
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Clydesdale (offers some creativity with both boyd and gids out, hes another kicking option and a good one at that, set up a nice try today with a kick from d/h
10. Mason
11. Rochow
12. Mckinnon
13. Smith

14. Waddell/ Costigan if clydesdale can play the 80. I have been impressed with nevs last two games
15. Faalogo
16. Cuthbertson
17. Sims

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Assuming Boyd, Uate and Gidley are out (along with those others injured & suspended)

1 Kevin Naiqama
2 Pete Mata'utia
3 Dane Gagai / Tahu
4 BJ Leilua
5 James McManus
6 Jarrod Mullen
7 Tyrone Roberts
8 Kade Snowden
9 Travis Waddell
10 Willie Mason
11 Robbie Rochow
12 Alex McKinnon
13 Jeremy Smith
--
14 Adam Clydesdale
15 David Fa'alogo
16 Adam Cuthbertson
17 Korbin Sims

RHCP

Bench
1. Gagai
2. Naqaima
3. Tahu
4. BJ
5. McManus
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Waddell
10. Mason (c)
11. Rochow
12. McKinnon
13. Smith

14. Clydesdale
15. Fa'alogo
16. Cuthbertson
17. Sims

Gagai came down here as a fullback iirc. We need him to be getting a lot of touches if we're minus Boyd, Aku and Gids and I think the combination of Naqaima on the wing and Tahu in the centres is better than Gagai in the centres and who we pull out of reggies on the wing. We need some experience in the side and Tahu's got plenty of that.

Also a tough call asking Clydesdale to start. Waddell isn't a veteran by any sense but the kid has 20 minutes of first grade, we should let Travis start the game off.

Swarzey

Bench
1. Kev Naquaima
2. Jimmy McManus
3. Tahu
4. Gagai
5. BJ
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Clydsdale
10. Mason
11. Rochow
12. McKinnon
13. Smith

14. Waddell
15. Fa'alongo
16. Cuthbertson
17. Sims

That IMO has enough strike power to disrupt Sutton and Reynolds and isolate their backs. Without Inglis, they'll struggle to really get strong returns and get onto our backs. They typically make line breaks off him palming off the center and bringing in the winger to pass it out to Merrit. Also, Smith will be looking for a big, big game considering he hasn't played since we faced Penrith. Looking to him to lead the forwards with Mason.

And without Gidley, captaincy IMO should fall on Mullen considering the impact he has week in and week out on the team.

Joker's Wild

Coach
1. Gagai
2. Naqaima
3. Tahu
4. BJ
5. McManus
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Waddell
10. Mason (c)
11. Rochow
12. McKinnon
13. Smith

14. Clydesdale
15. Fa'alogo
16. Cuthbertson
17. Sims

Gagai came down here as a fullback iirc. We need him to be getting a lot of touches if we're minus Boyd, Aku and Gids and I think the combination of Naqaima on the wing and Tahu in the centres is better than Gagai in the centres and who we pull out of reggies on the wing. We need some experience in the side and Tahu's got plenty of that.

Also a tough call asking Clydesdale to start. Waddell isn't a veteran by any sense but the kid has 20 minutes of first grade, we should let Travis start the game off.

This would be the way Id gotoo

Dane was superb at fullback for Redcliffe before he signed with us, absolutely carving up sides on his own.

rnb11

Juniors
I think Tahu is still injured but he might very well be just waiting to get back into first grade

1. Kevin Naiqama
2. James McManus
3. Dane Gagai
4. Timana Tahu/ Leilua
5. BJ Leilua/ Peter Mata'utia
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden
9. Travis Waddell
10. Willie Mason
11. Robbie Rochow
12. Alex McKinnon
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Adam Clydsdale
15. David Fa'alogo
16. Adam Cuthbertson
17. Korbin Sims

I would be just as happy to give Gagai a go at fullback too

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Pete to fullback, Kev onto the wing, Waddell to hooker, Smith in at lock, Fa'alogo back to the bench with Clydsdale.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
1. Peter Mata'utia
2. James McManus
3. Dane Gagai
4. Joey Leilua
5. Kevin Naiqama
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden
9. Travis Waddell
10. Willie Mason
11. Robbie Rochow
12. Alex McKinnon
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Adam Clydsdale
15. Korbin Sims
16. David Fa'alogo
17. Adam Cuthbertson

Adsy

Juniors
1. Peter Mata'utia
2. James McManus
3. Dane Gagai
4. Joey Leilua
5. Kevin Naiqama
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden
9. Travis Waddell
10. Willie Mason
11. Robbie Rochow
12. Alex McKinnon
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Adam Clydsdale
15. Korbin Sims
16. David Fa'alogo
17. Adam Cuthbertson

Yep. That'd be the team I'd go with too.

Noname36

First Grade
1. Kev
2. Jimmy
3. Gagai
4. BJ
5. Tahu/Pete
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Waddell
10. Mason
11. Rochow
12. McKinnon
13. Smith

14. Clysdale
15. Fa'alogo
16. Cuthbo
17. Sims

Last edited:

K-Man

Bench
1. Gagai
2. Naqaima
3. Tahu
4. BJ
5. McManus
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Waddell
10. Mason (c)
11. Rochow
12. McKinnon
13. Smith

14. Clydesdale
15. Fa'alogo
16. Cuthbertson
17. Sims

That's exactly what I would go with too.

I only have one concern about Gagai at fullback and that's coming out of trouble - he regularly gets dominated and driven back when forced to run into a straight defensive wall.

There are so many great aspects to his game, I absolutely love him as a player, but this is the one standout difference between him and someone like Hodges. Gagai struggles when he runs from dummy half, off scrum wins, getting out of the in-goal etc because he just doesn't seem to have the leg drive and sheer strength. I'm always worried his knees are going to buckle when he's fighting but getting totally dominated.

Anyway, he is a fullback by trade so I'm keen to see how he goes there. But it's a concern.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
1. Naqaima
2. Tahu
3. Gagai
4. BJ
5. McManus
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Waddell
10. Mason (c)
11. Rochow
12. McKinnon
13. Smith

14. Clydesdale
15. Fa'alogo
16. Cuthbertson
17. Sims

That was a very tough team to name. I ended up going back to the past and naming Tahu on the wing. I think Naigama would be the best fullback we could name and that would leave a wing spot vacant. I was tempted on naming Mata'utia but I haven't seen him play for a long time, so I don't really have a basis for choosing him. Tahu hasn't set the world on fire this season, so I would prefer to see him as a winger, rather than moving BJ or Gagai.

perverse

Referee
Assuming all the injuries are unavailable:

1. Kev
2. McManus
3. Gagai
4. BJ
5. Pete Mata'utia
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Waddell
10. Mason
11. Rochow
12. McKinnon
13. Smith (thank god he's back)

14. Clydesdale
15. Fa'alogo
16. Cuthbo
17. Sims

Not too hard a team to name, imo. I'd prefer to give Pete a crack on the wing if he's fit. From what I hear, his form has been great when on the field in NSW cup. Waddell is actually the name that fills me with the least confidence... I think the rest can do a fine job for us. Souths will nearly be at full strength, it's going to take a lot of fortitude and resolve to compete in this one.

1. Naqaima
2. Tahu
3. Gagai
4. BJ
5. McManus
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Waddell
10. Mason (c)
11. Rochow
12. McKinnon
13. Smith

14. Clydesdale
15. Fa'alogo
16. Cuthbertson
17. Sims

This is what I think the team will be. Waddell will get the run-on instead of Clyesdale. Maybe WB will go with Costigan over Simms. Costigan has lifted his game of late. He won't get a run with Scott back but ....