What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team vs Storm

Allstar Knights

Juniors
1. Mamo
2. McManus
3. Gagai
4. Leilua
5. Uate
6. Dobson
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Gidley
10. Fa'alogo
11. Scott
12. Rochow
13. Smith

14. Clydsdale
15. Tetevano (i think he's back this week)
16. Mason
17. McKinnon

Tapine should be back in NSW Culp next week - he's probably our most FG ready edge backroer that is threatening with the ball. I wouldn't mind seeing him in FG pretty soon tbh.

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
I agree for the most part except...Mason starting Fa'alogo to the bench, and House instead of McKinnon on the bench.

Dave_

Juniors
1. Mamo
2. Mcmanus
3. Gagai
4. BJ
5. Uate
6. Dobson
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Clydesdale (told to play 80)
10. Fa'alogo
11. Scott
12. Cuthbo (told to use offload constantly)
13. Smith

14. Gidley (no D/H, just a back up forward or outside back. No decision making)
15. Mason
16. Houston
17. Tetevano (if fit)

I'd rather run out with 16 then have Waddle in.

Swarzey

Bench
I'd just swap Waddell for Clydsdale. Don't see any need to change anyone else for now.

aqua_duck

Coach
Wasn't terrible but don't think his positioning is the best, against Cooper Cronk that'll be found out

Misanthrope

Staff member
1. Gagai
2. McManus
3. McKinnon/Tahu/Quinn
4. Leilua
5. Mamo
6. Minto
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Dobson
10. Mason
11. Scott
12. Houston
13. Smith

14. Clydsdale
16. Fa'alogo
17. Rochow

Burns

First Grade
+3 !

I think we'll see the same team as last night. We'll be seeing the same team til Mullen/Boyd return. Bennett didn't seem too unhappy with last night, so I don't see him dropping anyone.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
1. Gagai
2. McManus
3. McKinnon/Tahu/Quinn
4. Leilua
5. Mamo
6. Minto
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Dobson
10. Mason
11. Scott
12. Houston
13. Smith

14. Clydsdale
16. Fa'alogo
17. Rochow

Quinn has retired and Mckinnon is not a centre.

One thing I do agree with you about is that Mason is starting. I didn't have the best seats yesterday, but Mason looked like he played with plenty of aggression. That's exactly what a team needs from a starting front rower.

perverse

Referee
Willie doesn't have the engine of a starting prop anymore. I think we'd get more out of his aggression as an impact player if he's not willing to roll up the sleeves and get some work done. Get someone like Fa'alogo in there to soak up the tough stuff early on.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Wasn't terrible but don't think his positioning is the best, against Cooper Cronk that'll be found out

and Mamo is unlikely to be any better from what I have seen

Minto will improve if given more FG time. Fullback is not our real issue at the moment, they are:

1. Dobsons god awful defence
2. Waddle and Gidley being the worst hooker rotation in the comp

Allstar Knights

Juniors
While Mamo lacks the passing game of the modern day fullback, at least he's comfortable under the high ball and I thought he covered the back pretty well in Round 1. He did save 3 tries.

I wish we had another reliable fullback though and probably debut Mamo on the wing later in the year.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
In NYC against NYC players

Honestly, Id be happier if he got some NSWCup experience at FB before playing him there in 1st grade. The step up from NYC to FG is big

perverse

Referee
It's a really big ask to have Mamo debut against Melbourne, in Melbourne in a position that he's pretty unfamiliar with at this point.

He'd have to be something really, really special to pull off even a passable game. I don't really believe that the best time to blood your best young talent is when backs are against the wall.

Latest posts