What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Teams 2012 ;1,7,6,9 ?

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
1. Nathan Merritt
6. John Sutton
7. Adam Reynolds
9. Issac Luke

i must agree that we have the worst spine in the comp, BUT ! Has the potential to be much better, Nathan Merritt is freak at fullback, and we won 7 of 8 games that he played at fullback in 2011, John Sutton, well... If he can play consistent at five-eight which only John Sutton can turn around, well then he could find himself in the origin mix for five-eight again, Adam Reynolds, we will have to wait and see... though he did outplay Shaun Johnson and Daly Cherry-Evans in the 2010 Toyota Cup season. He has a solid kicking game and a much better defender then Sandow. Issac Luke, is a great player, but has some lapses in his game, like... Poor options out of dummy half at times, and is not a great passer off the ball out of dummy half as well, but his dummy half running is flawless, i cant say there is better hooker in the comp then him at making metres out of dummy half.

Or Halves in general?

Widdop, Lui, Foran, Johnson and Henry were all ahead of him in the Toyota Cup during 2009. Henry has obviously been a bit unlucky with injuries and club movements, but he was the best of the lot, so I'm still backing him to have a huge season in 2012.

In 2008 he was also behind Sandow/Barba.

MSIH

Bench
Widdop, Lui, Foran, Johnson and Henry were all ahead of him in the Toyota Cup during 2009. Henry has obviously been a bit unlucky with injuries and club movements, but he was the best of the lot, so I'm still backing him to have a huge season in 2012.

They're all still better than him now?

Lol, jog on champ, you're dribbling.

You're basing him on one season. He came into a side that had his 1/6/9 able to take a lot of the pressure off him. Same with Widdop. Makes the transition to First Grade a lot easier.

My point still stands. He's behind Foran. He's behind Johnson. He's behind Widdop. That's 3, so I apologise for being off by one precious :lol:

firechild

First Grade
Adam Reynolds, we will have to wait and see... though he did outplay Shaun Johnson and Daly Cherry-Evans in the 2010 Toyota Cup season.

Daly Cherry-Evans was so quiet in the 2010 Toyota Cup Season you would have thought he wasn't even there. He did have a good season playing for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles in the QLD Cup though.

aqua_duck

Coach
Daly Cherry-Evans was so quiet in the 2010 Toyota Cup Season you would have thought he wasn't even there. He did have a good season playing for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles in the QLD Cup though.

Souths fans never let the truth get in the way of a good story

YA!D

Juniors
1. Grant (this guy is an absolute beast. Either FB or winger, meaning Brown FB)
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen
9. Farah

Don't rate Reddy at all. Waste of salary cap.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
1. Nathan Merritt
6. John Sutton
7. Adam Reynolds
9. Issac Luke

i must agree that we have the worst spine in the comp, BUT ! Has the potential to be much better, Nathan Merritt is freak at fullback, and we won 7 of 8 games that he played at fullback in 2011, John Sutton, well... If he can play consistent at five-eight which only John Sutton can turn around, well then he could find himself in the origin mix for five-eight again, Adam Reynolds, we will have to wait and see... though he did outplay Shaun Johnson and Daly Cherry-Evans in the 2010 Toyota Cup season. He has a solid kicking game and a much better defender then Sandow. Issac Luke, is a great player, but has some lapses in his game, like... Poor options out of dummy half at times, and is not a great passer off the ball out of dummy half as well, but his dummy half running is flawless, i cant say there is better hooker in the comp then him at making metres out of dummy half.

I don't think Adam was better than Shaun Johnson in the NYC competition, but was probably ahead of DCE. It is such a shame that he missed 2011 as a DCE showed what a full season of play in open age competition can do for the development of a half.

I can understand why some Souths fans are panicking - an untested half with a year out of the game is not ideal going into an important season. Losing Sandow doesn't faze me. If Adam plays to his strengths - kicking game, short passing game, composure - I'm sure we'll be fine. We've missed the finals the last 4 seasons with Sandow at 7, so it isn't as though we could do a lot worse. With the new coaching staff and the talent that we've got scoring points isn't going to be an issue for us.

If the cut corners, half arsed, lack of attention to detail attitude to just about every aspect of our play is corrected this season by the coaching staff than we'll make the finals. I'm confident that things are changing. Certainly the sessions at the moment are night and day with comparison to what we saw under Lang and co.

Politis

Juniors

Toyota cup isn't a good guage, defense is no where near the level of the nrl, In saying that some players take longer to find their feet in the nrl, some are lucky and do it easier when surrounded by good players and coach.

de$$ie

Juniors
Yep agreed. I reckon Wallace would make a great hooker but he's probably stuck in the halves.

Sorry to quote a post so far back in the thread but I agree. I think if Wallace was moved to hooker he could be a real masterstroke like Monaghan did for Manly. Then again they wouldn't do that because he's probably been Lockyer's understudy since he arrived at the club.

In regards to Manly and Melbourne I think that they're pretty much even. Slater and Stewart are pretty much as good as each other when they're on their game. Foran > Widdop, which has already established. Cronk wins over DCE purely off experience, but if DCE can replicate his consistancy and performances of 2011 then I'd dare to say that he is probably a better individual player than Cronk, but Cronk partnered with Slater/Widdop/Smith has the wood over DCE at this stage, and Cam Smith > Matt Ballin obviously, but I still think Ballin is heavily underated.

Then again what would I know :D

DoggiesBro

Juniors
How do you figure? With carney gone your spine looks average at best. Your pack has lost its best player in Myles and an experience head in Ryles.

I like the kids coming through in Takarangi, Lasi, Guerra etc however i still think they won't make the 8 based on their roster & coach. They will have games that Frank Paul & Masoe will tear clubs apart and there will be games that they cost you wins.

Latest posts