What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your teams for the weekend trials?

Pika

Bench
And Snowden looked better this week Shane?

He was poor mate.

Missed a heap of tackles and one was a lazy effort on the try line.

Line speed was lacking as was his retreat. Was negative from marker.

Took an eternity to PTB.

Nothing to worry about though. He looks fit and he has all the fundamentals. Some fine tuning in the next few weeks and he will be back to his best.

Shane, I am not trying to contradict you mate, we probably watch for different things I guess. Just a difference of opinion on this one.

Whats Doing

Bench
He was poor mate.

Took an eternity to PTB.

Nothing to worry about though. He looks fit and he has all the fundamentals. Some fine tuning in the next few weeks and he will be back to his best.

Shane, I am not trying to contradict you mate, we probably watch for different things I guess. Just a difference of opinion on this one.

Welcome back Pika. Thought you may have dropped off but good to see you back

billy2

Juniors
Snowy is probably only one of 2 or 3 forwards not playing for a spot - and he has always been a guy who needs field time to get match fit.
Round one he might be ready for a big game, but more likely round 5 or 6.

He was poor mate.

Took an eternity to PTB.

Exactly why we watch the game. Makes for great post game conversation. Welcome back Pika. Good to hear from you. Was wondering what happened with you.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Sounds like the guys may have been instructed to take it a little easy to avoid injury and burn out before the season proper

Im not to fussed on what is shown it trials given pretty much the same thing happened in the Broncos v Titans trial I watched on the wend. The Donkeys looked terrible but we all know they are anything but

Pika

Bench
Add to that he was backing up from game one which is very tough in a preseason.

I think he will hit his straps in the first third of the season and won't look back.

You don't win premierships in March right :)

Silent Knight

First Grade
Add to that he was backing up from game one which is very tough in a preseason.

I think he will hit his straps in the first third of the season and won't look back.

You don't win premierships in March right :)

Only if you're Souffs :lol:

Spot On

Coach
Hey Pika. Welcome back mate. Thanks for your thoughts re the game v Panthers. Always worth reading. I'm sure your right about Snowden. A long way to go.

Spot On

Coach
He was poor mate.

Took an eternity to PTB.

I don't think you have Pika. Shane said he went a little harder this week and looked better than the ALL Stars fiasco. That wouldn't have been hard to do.

Jono078

Referee
So from what I understand so far in this trial vs the Sharks is that we have 3 tries and Darius Boyd basically has 3 try assists.

And Snowden scored a try. Our imports already making a difference :)

Wacko Jacko

Juniors
anyone know why Tahu was playing left centre when he score winning try. Junior Sa'u is normally left centre and just trying to work out where Tahu is going to be playing in 2012

RABK

Referee
I haven't watched the trials but i always knew Bennett preferred Sau at right centre as he selected him there for the Kiwis when he was Kearneys advisor. The fact that he mentioned in an interview "we got sau passing right (correctly)" suggests though he could play either left or right.

Tahu has always been a left centre, but i prefer Tahu feeding Uate rather than Sau.

Our centres is definitely the most interesting positions to read come next week team sheet.

Last edited:
Our flanks may be interchangable. That could be an epic fail or a absolute nightmare for opposition defences. It could make for some huge set plays if done right.

billy2

Juniors
At the Sharks trial Wayne tried several combinations, but I think it was clear his favoured combinations were Uate/Sau and Tahu/McManus. In the warmup those guys were paired up and doing drills together, and a third combination of Wes/Kev was warming up too. During the game they mostly played those positions, with Wes and Kev being dropped into different spots at times.
Till Pete comes back from injury, those seem to be our options.
The surprising thing is that Kev is favoured over Likiliki, who seems to be right on the outer at the moment.

Wacko Jacko

Juniors
Any chance Kev gets a start in Rd14/17 for you guys when Boyd,Gidley and Uate are playing S of O? It will come down IMO to who Bennett uses on wing K.Naiqama or P.Mata'utia. Wes will come in for Boyd, Stig will come in for Gidley

Latest posts