What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Teams Player Of The Year

For me its a 2 horse race between James Maloney and Kevin Locke. Maloney been more consistant while locke was in and out of the team for the first few rounds so Maloney gets it

Honourable mentions to Mannering, Mateo and Packer

Rookie of the year would be Elijah Taylor

Best Buy of the year definatly Mateo
Your team

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Paul Gallen for the Sharks - no suprise there.

Townsend will get rookie - no suprise there.

AuDragon

Juniors
Rookie of the year is easy: Jack Reed
Too many candidates for the POTY though, with Thaiday, Parker, Glenn, Locky, Hoffman and Yow Yeh all serious contenders...

I'd probably go with Thaiday though, especially given his osteitis pubis condition at the start of the season.

user_nat

Coach
Jack Reed for rookie
Ben Hannant for buy of the year

Overall player.. not sure..
Few guys wouldn't be far off but I would probably go with Corey Parker.

Apey

Staff member
Not really sure for the Knights, couldn't say many of our players are consistent.

Uate, Houston or Tui would probably be my top 3 performers.

firechild

First Grade
Rookie is DCE, player of the year is tough, probably Genn Stewart, Kieran Foran or Jamie Lyon.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
After the weekends voting it doesn't appear that Michael Gordon will be caught as Panthers Members Player of The Year.

POPEYE

Coach
This thread will show why I pisstake the Dally M's, where only one player per game can get 3 points, 1 two points and so on.

If your team has 2 exceptional players in a game why not give each 3 points and another 2 or 1.

How do you pick between DCE and Foran? How do you pick between any one of 5 Broncos, 3 or 4 Storm, and so on when Benjii always gets top points, along with Thurston in most games?

Anyway, besides the point. There has been some great standout performances this year, particularly by rookies and players not expected to shine.

Noa

First Grade
Cam Smith for POTY, imo Billy only started to hit his straps after Origin.