What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Top 5 Toughest Players

nqboy

First Grade
gregstar said:
chris walker
ben walker
justin hodges
colin best
ryan cross
Welcome back Gregstar. You went all serious on me there for a while, I was a bit concerned.

Pistol

Coach
In no particular order

Trevor Gillmeister (got hit a lot but got up and gave it straight back. Plus he got out of hospital to play the last Origin game in 95)
Gavin Allen (One of the better front rowers of the 90's. Solid defence. Great attack. Never gave up. Pulled off one of the best hits I have seen on Paul Harragon)
David Gillespie (Consistantly one of the most tenacious props in the modern era)
Peter Kelly (Won back to back GF MOM honours and was one of the most intimidating men in the 80's)
Shane Webcke (Played a semi final a week or so after breaking his arm. Inspirational prop who never gives up. The last hitup is just as strong and damaging as his first)

Bumble

First Grade
That I have seen...

1. Spud Carroll
2. Paul Bowman
3. Geoff Toovey
4. Mark O'Neill
5. Craig Gower

1. Trevor Gillmeister (so tough, small but never backed down, biggest hitter ever and played an origin game while risking death)
2. Terry Lamb (this is only by hearsay, but i know a guy who played reserve grade for norths and he was a front rower and lamb was playing hooker, lamb was giving this guy sh*t all game coz he f**ked up something and then they went in for a scrum and as soon as lamb put his head down for the scrum this huge front rower punched lamb as hard as he could with a huge uppercut and then lamb just came up from the scrum unphased and laughed and said "is that all uve got".)
3. Gorden Tallis (in his prime he was just so destructive)
4. Geoff Toovey (f**kin tough little bastard)
5. Shane Webcke (i see him play every game and he never takes a backward step)

White Poiner

Coach
number8 said:
Trevor Gillmeister (hardman tough)

Lincoln Withers (Small man big hitter tough. IMO shades Toovey for effectivness with both being similar in game. Toovey was a consistant perfomer over a sustained period though so longevity could see Toovey jump him pending Withers carrer in retrospect)

withers is a f**kin cat, watch the game against the sharks, f**kin pussy tryin to milk a penalty:evil: .

What about kimmorley played a full match with a broken jaw, wow he must be as good as sattler :rolleyes:

Pistol

Coach
white pointer! said:
What about kimmorley played a full match with a broken jaw, wow he must be as good as sattler :rolleyes:

You have got to be kidding. Sattler was a prop who did a hell of a lot more work than that Kimmorley cat. He played the full game with only a 5 metre gap plus back then scrums were scrums. So dont you even think about comparing Sattler and Kimmorley in terms of toughness.

John Hodgson

Juniors
pahh!!

1. Vince Karalius
2. Mal Reilly
3, Alan Prescott - Played for an hour with a broken arm in that famous test match in 88
4. Les Boyd
5. Ruben Wiki

Latest posts