What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your verdict on todays game.

My verdict?

FORWARDS

Up against the more physical sides we still lack forward muscle.
The Dogs had 4 of their best forwards out today and we failed to dominate their pack when it was 13 on 13. In fact they outmuscled us most of the time. Villasanti was definately the wrong person to drop! We definately missed Thompsons mongrel in the backrow. Williams seems slow and soft. Bird......FFS when will he be pissed off???

HALVES

Our worst combination yet! Kearney's kicking game ordanairy, Kimmorley's was even worse!! Lacked cohesion and too many passes going to no one, and finding the turf with too much regularity.No composure. Poor direction. Inside passes overdone!! Only had effect when it was 12 on 11. Last tackle plays were atrocious!! Noddy did go deeper with his passing game but was very rusty coming back from 5 weeks out of the game.

BACKS
Bailey has too go back to the backrow.Got caught out in wide defence again and he is better value to the team in the forwards. Lock would be the best option. Covell is continuing to be dead weight. Goal kicking is only average. f**k him off!! Vagana back in the centres and any other back on Covells wing!!!!!! We need some speed reinstated to the backline. We lack alot of punch out wide.

IN GENERAL
We really missed Dykes,Vagana and Thompsons defensive workload. They also give the team plenty of composure which was badly lacking today. We missed Dykes short kicking game. Some grubbers in the in goal for a repeat set could've changed the flow of the game. Don't get too excited about our comeback today. It only happened when it was 12 on 11. Alot of defeciencies were outlined by the Bulldogs when it was 13 on 13. Just think of all their forward power still to comeback!!!!! It is scary..........

I thought Bird had a fairly good game today.

Villa for Hilder. I can't understand that move from Raper but then again I've failed to understand all year.

Lose Covell. Scott to his wing. Vags and Kelly in the centres and Bailey to the forwards where he belongs. We have to try something with the three quarters.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Other than goalkicking , Covell had a good game.

Kearneys general play kicking is some of the worst in the NRL. Kimmorley wasnt atrocious, he was far from good but he did some good things. He put in two excellent kicks which with any sort of luck would of had Covell and Albert scoring tries.

Inferno

Coach
I thought our forwards matched it with the Dogs forwards for the most part.

100% agree on halves. Kearney looked unsure of himself outside of Noddy and his game suffered when he tried to take control and rushed it.

I'v said it time and time again, Bailey is not a centre. That said I thought he had a good game attacking wise for us, but he does misread the play more often than a centre should

I still think the thing we missed most was playing without noddy. We played last week with 16 men for most of the game and 15 men for the second half and STILL managed to come out on top.

The Shire

Juniors
yeah bailey is struggling in the centres but his passion is awesome for a player who is leaving

Jono Russell

Bench
I am going to have to say that I do agree with most of that how ever you do state at the end about the Dogs "All of there foward power still to come back"

That is true but we have won 4 on the trot and only just lost this game, and we arnt exactly playing our strongest side either. I meen we had a well under done noddy on the field, a PL half - 5/8th in Kearny and 4 of our best in Thommo,Ross,Vagana and Dykes out. We get those back and we can get Noddy back to some average form. we will storm home in the second half of the season.

We have:

Warriors (h)
Bye
Cowboays (a) - before SOO 2

It looks like an easy 6 points to me.

We dominated weakened or weak packs of forwards in the past three weeks against Penrith, Saints and the Raiders. Great performances but we have to find another gear or some other players against the more aggressive packs in the competition.

mr_sharks

Juniors
somethingwithjohn said:
Warriors (h)
Bye
Cowboays (a) - before SOO 2

After the warriors performance yesterday I wouldn't be too sure!! It's time to go...Greg Bird, f**k the merkin off. He might have made a couple of good runs, but he changed the momentum in the first half. A silly penalty and then a terrible miss. Hilder should remain in place of him, with Hutch, Villa, Hilder and Latu our bench. Enough potency and impact there for my liking.
Bailey should go back to the forwards, Covell to PL and Scott to wing. Time for Kelly to be tested for 80

Jono Russell

Bench
Mr_Sharks if there is one thing i have learnt from watching the nrl and it is that the Warriors are far more inconsistent then the sharks that will be there one great performance for another 6 games. We will shipe them away at home.

Sharkie73

Bench
I'm not to disapointed I thought we came back well, Noddy seemed to play with a bit more depth, somethings didn't go our way today but thats footy.

mr_sharks

Juniors
somethingwithjohn said:
Mr_Sharks if there is one thing i have learnt from watching the nrl and it is that the Warriors are far more inconsistent then the sharks that will be there one great performance for another 6 games. We will shipe them away at home.
I hope so but wouldn't put too much on them!

Frailty

First Grade
I like 73 aren't too worried about today's game. There were some major stuff ups (quick tap 5 metres from our line?), but there were some good signs out there.

Noddy - Coming back early from injury I think had a fair game and showed some depth. Some good decisions and play, such as Simmons try and Noddy's inside balls making a difference around the ruck.

Bird - To me is not first grade standard, but with injuries is a great runner. If he does not throw the f**king ball away I will be happy.

Covell - What's with his kicking? I'm not gonna have a massive go at him and blame him for the loss, because he wasn't the reason for the loss. He gets some crackers and then misses some easy attempts. Seems to me he took a long time on the last two kicks, but the previous one from the sideline he rushed and got it over the black dot.

Bailey - Has been strong and consistent this year, but Tonga was getting around him pretty easily today. We need someone with pace there. Kelly needs to be giving a shot.

Simmons - Improving, but defence needs to be looked at very closely.

Jono Russell

Bench
Yeh and premierships are not won in the first half of the season.

Tigers were in the bottom half of the ladderthis time last year as are alot of sides that win the comp.

You cant say in this day and age that any team really has a premiership winning side. It a matter of who turns up on the day and wants it more.

we will go close this year IMO

Barrowmundi

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
Other than goalkicking , Covell had a good game.

Kearneys general play kicking is some of the worst in the NRL. Kimmorley wasnt atrocious, he was far from good but he did some good things. He put in two excellent kicks which with any sort of luck would of had Covell and Albert scoring tries.

You obviuosly did not watch the same game as me. Covell was horrible in defence which directly lead to Hazem's 2 tries, when will he stop running up out of the defence line.

Jimako

Juniors
If you think Covell was bad, i'd throw Albert in that category as well. Off his sideline all the time, 5 to 10 metres away from his opponent & a couple of easy tries down that side.

The Popper

Bench
We lost the game on about half a dozen occasions. Turn any two around and we win. But then we lost 3 games by two points early too.

lockyno1

Post Whore
One thing was for sure- I was confident UNTIL Kimmorley was named! I wish I knew this before the round!