What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your World Cup Highlight/s

DB

First Grade
What was your World Cup highlight?

Mine would have to be the Fijians prayer before the matches. It was one of the most emotional things I've seen on a footy field before.

Poul

Juniors
The jubilation of the Kumuls after Rod Griffin ? scored their first try against England.

roopy

Referee
Uate's length of the field try against France.
I've seen him do it a dozen times in the lower grades, but having the whole country see what he can do was pretty special for a long time Uate fan (although he did it in the 2006 JF grandfinal on national TV too).
May we all see it many, many more times.

brendothejet

First Grade
The first tackle of the game where 6 PNG players dog piled in.
Stanley Gene - Everything.
Fiji's progress and pay off for years of work
Seeing Billy Slater f**k up.
The really cool people i met from all over the place
Getting on the cans all the way to penrith and back for the samoa/tonga game
Witnessing peoples attitudes towards international rugby league shift.
the excitement and prospect of an international calendar set in stone.

roopy

Referee
Noilea smashing Lockyer - $500 a year meets $500,000 dollars a year and they needed a bucket and paint scrapper to pick up Lockyer.

mtngry

Juniors
ANything to do with PNG, especially Stanley.
The Pacific Island Fans at every match I saw them at.
The English Fans singing.
The Final result.

ledzep

Bench
Being at Suncorp for the final. Awesome game
Unfortunately, could only make three games for the whole tournament due to uni exams :(

dibviking

Juniors
my highlight was seein the Widnes Vikings players play well with Iain Morrison standing out for Scotland and seeing 11 current and recent former Widnes Vikings players play their heart out for the irish.

also Stanley Gene the legend.

roughyedspud

Coach
blanch runnning round hayne in the ireland v fiji game......a proper wingers try...

or hayne smashing lockyer in the semi

supercharger

Juniors
NZ winning it all
fiji thier pre game huddle and seeing how excited they were to reach the semis
png first tackle and scoring try against the aussies
did i mention the kiwis yet

Loudstrat

Coach
The Indiginous v Maori game.
The Indigenous haka
PNG almost upsetting the Poms.
Slater and Inglis v the Poms
Pommy fans singing like it was Wembly - for about 10 minutes before the Kiwis took their lead away.
Manu Vatuvei
Wellens stopping to whinge while Perret ran the ball under the posts.
Hayne smashing Heather and picking a fight with the entire Kangaroos side.
Maguire's try off Paulson's kick.
Seeing Mozza playing on Aussie soil again.
The entire final
The Great NATHAN CAYLESS lifting the cup.

VonVolks

Juniors
The highlight for me was the overall success of the tournament and the great early pool games, rounded off by an awesome finish showing the world RL is NEVER a certainty, and the cup was exciting all the way to the close. Congrats Kiwis.

Individual highlights, Hayne smacking Locky, and Lockys last try in the final, getting the ball in hand 3 times in one move and flowing and tracking to be available to score. A coaches perfect support play example, if ever i saw one.

Also Slater cocking up, and Williams getting trashed into the sidelines. Hilarious.

Lowlights. England dropping the ball and playing like morons, excepting first try against NZ.

Latest posts