What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You're a better team without Gallen.

Feej

First Grade
I'm kinda undecided. He undoubtably can have a positive effect on the team and show the way forward, but he really does overplay his hand at times. Should be in the front row and some of the guys need to take some responsibility and overcall him when required.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
We are different...not necessarily better. In saying that, he needs to play prop. Tupou for Prior and Gal for Robinson and that team is about as we can get with our current cattle.

Card Shark

Immortal
We play different without Gal in that other guys step up.

They are scared to with him in the team because he does everything .

The Popper

Bench
Without Gal, they seem to use their initiative. With Gal, I'm of the opinion that they hold back to see what Gal wants to do.

Surrogate

Juniors
There are some people here who will blindly follow Gallen. According to them, his shiit doens't stink.

Frailty

First Grade
Gal has a tendency to over play his hand.

However, Gal brings out the heart and grind of the team.

We need Gal coming out of our half, and we need him to disappear when in the attack half.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sharks 10 wins from 20 games without Gallen since the start of 2013 season
Sharks 10 wins from 24 games with Gallen since the start of 2013 season

DJShaksta

First Grade
Gal has a tendency to over play his hand.

However, Gal brings out the heart and grind of the team.

We need Gal coming out of our half, and we need him to disappear when in the attack half.

Gal just needs to chime into the attack occasionly, not try to run it every play.
He needs to be a decoy more.
We need a coach that wi stamp his authority on Gal.

wibble

Bench
There are some people here who will blindly follow Gallen. According to them, his shiit doens't stink.

Well according to NSW and national selectors he is also the best Shark that has played in the Black White and Blue for a very long time.

He is not as good a ball player as Glen Stewart.

He is not as good a hole runner as Hoffman or Bird.

He is no where near as clever as Smith.

But he is as tough as any forward I've seen, and makes more metres than any other forward in the game.

And he is good at offloading and a good attacker.

If he gets the ball too much, I still don't see why that isn't the fault of the halves, you know, the ones who give the ball to him.

Sharks 10 wins from 20 games without Gallen since the start of 2013 season
Sharks 10 wins from 24 games with Gallen since the start of 2013 season

Given that a good chunk of those losses have come from this year, and this year our team has been decimated by injury, the stats don't mean a great deal by themselves.

I bet you could do an analysis of variation that takes into account the other players and the opponent's that shows Gal's "difference" to the team.

Just a little less crude than those stats; I'd be curious about our wins with Gal, with Robson and Carney, vs our wins without Gal, with Robson and Carney. Not having one or both of our halves I would think makes a big difference to our competitiveness, regardless of if Gal is in the team or not.

Frenzy.

Immortal
nu021053-02web.gif

Avenger

Immortal
Does Gallen take the ball up twice in a set whilst inside the opposition's 20? He does for NSW and it's infuriating.

wibble

Bench
Does Gallen take the ball up twice in a set whilst inside the opposition's 20? He does for NSW and it's infuriating.

Did you miss the part where he won man of the series?

Only reason NSW got anywhere near the opposition's 20 was because of Gallen.

He provides an option 2 or 3 times a set, way busier than most forwards. This puts constant pressure on the opposition defensive line. If the ball actually goes to him rather than an outside back, that is the fault of the hooker, 5/8 or halback who gave it to him. Not his job to distribute the ball, just to put his hand up and provide an option.

Avenger

Immortal
Did you miss the part where he won man of the series?

Only reason NSW got anywhere near the opposition's 20 was because of Gallen.

He provides an option 2 or 3 times a set, way busier than most forwards. This puts constant pressure on the opposition defensive line. If the ball actually goes to him rather than an outside back, that is the fault of the hooker, 5/8 or halback who gave it to him. Not his job to distribute the ball, just to put his hand up and provide an option.

No Hayne no NSW win. Gallen got man of the series because Fulton has the biggest hard on for him. He should never have got it.

Latest posts