What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

nrlnrl

First Grade
I just hope that Lomax does not become another 'Jack Bird' stuff up.
I think you can compare Lomax to Tom Trbojevic for development. I think Lomax will get his chance in the NRL this year, most likely on the wing. Trbojevic made his debut (on the wing) when he was 18 in 2015, Lomax is 18 & doesn't turn 19 until September (Trbojevic turned 19 in October of 2015). Both have plenty of ability & size which helps younger players when they are making their way through the grades.

Let's be patient with the way the Dragons bring him along before we react prematurely.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Yes the fact that LOMAX is in the reserves means he will get his chance maybe even this week .but he's in the frame so let's hope LOMAX takes his chance when it comes ......

Old Timer

Coach
Lomax best buy one of Old Timers voodoo dolls so that he gets on the park this year as only injuries to both Aitken and Lafai will see Lomax get a run in the centres.
Poor form from these two won't see them dropped.
I fear you are 100% correct.
The only way I can see it happening is for Dufty to be replaced by Nighty (don't underestimate that happening if we are 2-4) and then the kid can freeze to death outside Aitken.

SaintPauli

Juniors
I think under any other coach, Lomax would have played his way into the starting right centre after those impressive touches in the CS, compared to other options we have.
I repeat: under any OTHER coach .
Spot on over the many years good talent has emerged at a young age of 19. Lomax can cut it in first grade. Unless we encourage and show him a first grade spot this year other clubs will dangle a carrot in front of his eyes. As we all know contracts mean S$%t in the NRL these days.

watatank

Coach
Don't get the panic over Lomax not playing yet. He's clearly in the frame to play NRL, being named in the top 21 squad and had impressed in the trials enough to jump ahead of some other good U20s players who have played NSW Cup. He could be only one backline change away from making his debut and who knows what can happen from there. If he plays we're not showcasing an off contract player and in any case we would have the inside running on any contract negotiations if he plays. Of course there is always the chance that he leaves, you can say that about just about anyone. But I think we are doing the right things with Lomax, I agree with nrlnrl that we just need to be patient.

giboz71

First Grade
The fact he’s in the fringes of the squad and got some decent minutes in the trials shows he’s pretty close to selection.

Surely Aitken and even Lafai are on notice to perform or else. Mann and Lomax could easily slot in.

Lafai in particular has shown he can perform when he puts his mind to it (like last year when it was contract time). The same sort of pressure should be applied.

Lomax will debut sometime this season because we simply no longer have any dead wood in the squad.

If Aitken's injury run continues he has a shot at right centre.

If Lafai fails to play consistently at left centre, Mann will get a chance to play left centre.

Flo must fire on all cylinders to maintain a wing spot.

The kid will get his opportunity soon enough.

He has the size and strength to play FG now.

More importantly he showed us enough footy smarts during the trials for me to predict, when he gets his chance he will be playing FG for a long, long time in the red V.

Unless Aitken and Flo start well and avoid injuries, I predict we will see Lomax by round 6.

slippery5

Juniors
Lomax will debut sometime this season because we simply no longer have any dead wood in the squad.

If Aitken's injury run continues he has a shot at right centre.

If Lafai fails to play consistently at left centre, Mann will get a chance to play left centre.

Flo must fire on all cylinders to maintain a wing spot.

The kid will get his opportunity soon enough.

He has the size and strength to play FG now.

More importantly he showed us enough footy smarts during the trials for me to predict, when he gets his chance he will be playing FG for a long, long time in the red V.

Unless Aitken and Flo start well and avoid injuries, I predict we will see Lomax by round 6.
The one thing we can guarantee is that Flo (as usual) will fire on all cylinders, unfortunately he only possesses a 4 cylinder motor these days !!!!!!!
Sorry, I just couldn't help myself, hope he scores a length of the field 2morro night.

giboz71

First Grade
i have Flo as my photo here.....I love the guy, but its time fella, fall on it, too slow now its losing us games

To be honest, as much as I think Nighty needs to be moved on, the first 2 changes I would be making right now is Mann at left centre for Lafai and Lomax at right centre for Aitken.

Since Coops and Gasnier, I'm so sick to death of just a procession of shit centres that get trotted out year after year. Nielsen, Farrell, Peter M, now Aitken and Lafai.

FMD, no more nuffies out in our backline already.

Crush

Coach
To be honest, as much as I think Nighty needs to be moved on, the first 2 changes I would be making right now is Mann at left centre for Lafai and Lomax at right centre for Aitken.

Since Coops and Gasnier, I'm so sick to death of just a procession of shit centres that get trotted out year after year. Nielsen, Farrell, Peter M, now Aitken and Lafai.

FMD, no more nuffies out in our backline already.
I completely agree!

O'Sullivan

Juniors
Yes he will have his chance and so will Mann but god if I was Kurt I'd be looking for a new club. He has been so screwed around. Mary shows unending patience with his 'band of brothers' but Mann gets shoved from pillar to post, from one position to the other, from one bench to the other. I would be getting out of the Red V as soon as possible because he must think as long as Mary is around he will only play 10 or 20 minutes off the bench. A waste.

Bench
I agree. When we look back at McIdiots term here one of the things that he screwed up will be the treatment of Mann.
He should have been in the first grade team permanently.
He proved himself in the wing positions in 2015. I think he was our top try scorer.
He would be better then Nene. Nene needs a big year. He hasn't lived up to expectations.

mickeylane

Bench
Yes he will have his chance and so will Mann but god if I was Kurt I'd be looking for a new club. He has been so screwed around. Mary shows unending patience with his 'band of brothers' but Mann gets shoved from pillar to post, from one position to the other, from one bench to the other. I would be getting out of the Red V as soon as possible because he must think as long as Mary is around he will only play 10 or 20 minutes off the bench. A waste.
Honestly speaking MANN is a very good winger - he's barely a centre , fullback or 5/8.. Let's stop pumping him up

Latest posts