What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

redVinme

Bench
"Whenever he wants advice, he knows that I'm always happy to give it. He's very open, Zac, and he'll always ask for something if he needs it."
This is from the veru sagacious Ben Hunt.
can you believe it??

"So what you gotta do Zac, wait til you get selected for origin (thanks to Flano) and when you leave for camp, ask for a release!"

"You don't even have to face your team mates after".

Sage63

Juniors
There's a couple of things I wish Zac and others would keep in mind, firstly, as someone posted in here recently - Flanno showed Zac the stats showing him rating 24th in Centre stocks - there's 34 first choice centres plus maybe another 1 player per club as a good back up. That's not very impressive for a guy on $800k.
Second, Zac is one of the most error prone players in the league having been top or close in that ranking for a few years now with barely any improvement - excuses aside, at $800k it's not acceptable.
And lastly his effort last week was close to his best effort since he debuted for us - why's that ?
If he's upset we've been a basket case for years he should also put his hand up and say " I was part of the problem ".

"So what you gotta do Zac, wait til you get selected for origin (thanks to Flano) and when you leave for camp, ask for a release!"

"You don't even have to face your team mates after".
I have no idea what it is with these soft, indulgent, self-entitled pricks.
when you retire, you've got nothing to go to except maybe work in a warehouse as a labourer on a building site, and find out what hard work is all about; 25 bucks an hour if you're lucky!

justadragon

Bench

justadragon

Bench
ok, lets put a few things into perspective, you are a player on good coin, extremely good coin, you have been moved to a position within the team by the COACH, you were less then average in your original position proven by stats, you move to your new position and have just about the 2 best games of your career and be possibly put into the SOO frame.
Oh FMD , I'm not happy and want to go to another club who want me to be the less than average player in my preferred position !!!

My thoughts on the above situation = dickhead !!!

Eff me this game has become a circus.
Remember when guys like Stoney stayed with us for their entire career, despite spending a lot of time in Reserves when they could have gone to just about any other club to play firsts? Or Mark Shulman, who finally got his chance after playing 2nd fiddle to Billy Smith and Ross Strudwick fir years?
Now it's grown men whining about how they don't want to play on the wing or wear an efffing Pride jersey.
The current business model of this game and this generation of players sh*ts me to tears.
And yes, I sound like a cranky, out of touch old f@rt but at least I own it.

thebigredv

First Grade
Remember when guys like Stoney stayed with us for their entire career, despite spending a lot of time in Reserves when they could have gone to just about any other club to play firsts? Or Mark Shulman, who finally got his chance after playing 2nd fiddle to Billy Smith and Ross Strudwick fir years?
Now it's grown men whining about how they don't want to play on the wing or wear an efffing Pride jersey.
The current business model of this game and this generation of players sh*ts me to tears.
For everything that will be slung back and forward in this thread I think you said it better than any of it. Sadly, there's very little 'just suck it up and tough it out' left in the professional game or in Australian society as a whole for that matter. We''ve become a bunch of softies.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
[/QUOTE
From one old fart to another......I agree 100% with everything youve written

steerlerbab

Juniors
I notices, I wrote this in the wrong thread. So here it is again:
I watched 360 and my understanding he is worth 800k but not as a winger. I then had a look at zerotackle site and he is listed on 700k for our club until 2026. I looked at some other centres in zerotackle side and found this:
Kotoni Staggs: 700k
Campbell Graham: 850k
Izack tago: 750k
So a top centre is worth around 700k to 850k. So looks to me he and his manager are after pay rise. That shows also in the field. He has not kicked the bucket. He has had two standout games for us. He is showcasing himself and his skills.
At the same time the club is after May brothers and don't forget Allan and Ramsey may both recover for next year too. There is also Tamale coming through the ranks from what I have heard he is a future first grader.
Summing up, I think, if we get Tylan May, Zac will be granted his wish. Will the Eels give him 800k?

SAP58

Juniors
I notices, I wrote this in the wrong thread. So here it is again:
I watched 360 and my understanding he is worth 800k but not as a winger. I then had a look at zerotackle site and he is listed on 700k for our club until 2026. I looked at some other centres in zerotackle side and found this:
Kotoni Staggs: 700k
Campbell Graham: 850k
Izack tago: 750k
So a top centre is worth around 700k to 850k. So looks to me he and his manager are after pay rise. That shows also in the field. He has not kicked the bucket. He has had two standout games for us. He is showcasing himself and his skills.
At the same time the club is after May brothers and don't forget Allan and Ramsey may both recover for next year too. There is also Tamale coming through the ranks from what I have heard he is a future first grader.
Summing up, I think, if we get Tylan May, Zac will be granted his wish. Will the Eels give him 800k?
Not a chance, um maybe the Tigers or Gus. Flanno gave him permission to see if he could get a better deal elsewhere during the offseason and he (and his manager) came up with duck eggs no one is interested at that price. His ego has taken over lets get May & let him go. I also cannot understand why our club captain would come out in the press & confirm he has spoken to Zac & he wants out. Ben go & look up the meaning of a "leader" & see if you can get close to any of the traits.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Who cares what he says or thinks privately, his performances have been great & he looks to be putting in at training. There's about 10+ other blokes who everyone should be pissed off at their performance. The top of the list is Jayd'n Su'a who had 7 missed tackles & shit all run meters, you can add Ben Hunt, Sloan, our forwards etc. who have been poor for numerous years.

Where's the effort from these blokes? Where's the desperation from them? Where's the shit i'm not comfortable catching the high ball but i'll give it my best shot & not be scared about the consequences.

Lomax has been the least of our concerns for a long time but he's made to be the bad guy. One of the few that shows up with performances & is happy to be the face of the club in marketing & fan interactions.

I can't say the same about 90% of the players we have currently or have had in the last few seasons.

Remember sloan wanted out after about 2 years, Bird when asked to play in the backrow last year proceeded to become a fat heap of shit to the point he couldn't even play to a park footy standard. The only reason he's put in effort this year is he's got his shot at centre. Ben hunt when we needed him to play hooker, he thought of his body & the strain on him rather than the benefit of the team.

For all of Su'a & Molo performances they keep getting suspended, injured or show up to pre-season over weight.

If majority of the squad had Lomax competitiveness in his performances & attitude to training then we would never be challenging for the wooden spoon on a continuous basis.

Looks like most of our fans want Lomax gone, one of the few who have cared about the dragons. We look like fools accepting mediocrity but then shitting on someone who shows some heart in the jersey through his performances & actions.

For anyone bringing up he's the 24th best centre blah blah blah, show me the stats or keep believing whatever crapy Kenty dishes our without any basis.

Supporters need a massive wake up call.